• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Paul Ryan represents the tight wad,fiscal hawk side of the right.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Paul Ryan is an intellegent and well spoken member of the slash and burn side of GOP politics. He makes cutting entitlements in the middle of a downturn almost sound like a nice thing to do. He almot makes it seem like his party had nothing to do with this mess we are in and it is all the President and the liberals fault.

Well we are not buying the bitter medicene Mr Ryan is selling. The Ryan budget was unpopular and He took major heat from his own distict. There needs to be a more balenced approach. We can't slash entitlements when people need them the most and conservatives need to wait until this mess is over until we adress entitlements.

What about the social issue's that the conservatives suck at? They seem to not want to talk about the fact that the base of their party is a bunch of Jesus freaks and throw them in jail for everything rednecks. These morons would come out of the woodwork if we where stupid enough to elect Romney. Just look at what happened at the state level. Yes they may not want us to think about the ugly social conservative side of their party but we know those morons are waiting in the background. No thank you.

If these clowns really want to fix the budget deficit, they should start in Washington, DC. How much does each congress person cost their constituents and the US population? I'm thinking in terms of salary, benefits, staff people, transportation, housing, retirement, etc.

thread is a joke. Anyone who does not realize that the country is in a financial crisis, has been living under a rock. Ryan and Romney offer solutions, obama only offers more of the same.

We simply cannot continue to spend more than we take in. Obama and the libs just cannot grasp that reality.

If these clowns really want to fix the budget deficit, they should start in Washington, DC. How much does each congress person cost their constituents and the US population? I'm thinking in terms of salary, benefits, staff people, transportation, housing, retirement, etc.

lolwut

the truly sad thing is our votes carry the same weight.

We simply cannot continue to spend more than we take in.

It's amazing how all the so called "fiscal" conservatives rally and cry when there is a Dem in the whitehouse, but are amazingly silent with their vote against a Republican PResident that overspends.

It's amazing how all the so called "fiscal" conservatives rally and cry when there is a Dem in the whitehouse, but are amazingly silent with their vote against a Republican PResident that overspends.

That is true my friend. It is not that they hate spending but what it is spent on.

thread is a joke. Anyone who does not realize that the country is in a financial crisis, has been living under a rock. Ryan and Romney offer solutions, obama only offers more of the same.

We simply cannot continue to spend more than we take in. Obama and the libs just cannot grasp that reality.

What about the Jesus freaks and rednecks who are morons on social issues? Do they get to come along if Romney wins?

The solution Romney and Ryan present are more of the same trickle down economics that's been increasing our national debt and deficit since Reagan.

There is indeed irony in this selection. Today marks the 77th Anniversary of Social Security. :mrgreen:

lolwut

You mean that the votes of the clowns in Washington should carry more weight than those of the people? That sounds like elitism to me.

I'm sorry when was the last time Democrats passed a budget again?

Hint: Was it before or after this was released:

images

Last edited:
lolwut

I guess the truly sad thing is a libertarian who believes that running Congress itself is not a wasteful endeavor. Also, neither of our votes carries any weight. :p

What about the Jesus freaks and rednecks who are morons on social issues? Do they get to come along if Romney wins?

Every person in this country has a say in what happens via their vote. That includes the "jesus freaks", the "rednecks", the "tree huggers", and all the rest. You may not like them, but they'll be here just as presently if Romney wins as they will be if Obama wins. This is an absolutely idiotic point to make.

I'm sorry when was the last time Democrats passed a budget again?

Hint: Was it before or after this was released:

images

When was the last time Republicans followed a budget and didn't increase the debt? I'll give you a hint, it's been many Republican presidents ago.

When was the last time Republicans followed a budget and didn't increase the debt? I'll give you a hint, it's been many Republican presidents ago.

More like the last time the government followed a budget. Even the so-called "balanced" budget of the Clinton era didn't stop the national debt from increasing beyond that automatically incurred by interest accrual.

You mean that the votes of the clowns in Washington should carry more weight than those of the people? That sounds like elitism to me.

"our" is a tough word to comprehend. you will get it eventually. until then, please put me back on ignore.

conservatives need to wait until this mess is over until we adress entitlements.

Why must we wait before we stop taking the poison that is making us sick?

Do you truly see an end in sight, or is the status quo the new normal?

I for one say we've dug ourselves deep enough and need to stop digging. Yes it will hurt, but it'll hurt more later if we make the hole deeper.

I'm sorry which President has added 5 trillion dollars within 4 years to the deficit and is running yearly trillion dollar deficits again?

Hint: It was the guy who took what was supposed to be a one time expenditure (TARP/Bailouts) to save the economy from the Democrat's CRA Legislation in coordination with James Johnson and Fannie Mae, and illegally made it part of his baseline spending.

Now you know why Democrats won't pass a budget as they bankrupt your children into oblivion. You've been brainwashed into a Hope and Change cult. Come back to reality.

Paul Ryan is an intellegent and well spoken member of the slash and burn side of GOP politics. He makes cutting entitlements in the middle of a downturn almost sound like a nice thing to do. He almot makes it seem like his party had nothing to do with this mess we are in and it is all the President and the liberals fault.

Well we are not buying the bitter medicene Mr Ryan is selling. The Ryan budget was unpopular and He took major heat from his own distict. There needs to be a more balenced approach. We can't slash entitlements when people need them the most and conservatives need to wait until this mess is over until we adress entitlements.

What about the social issue's that the conservatives suck at? They seem to not want to talk about the fact that the base of their party is a bunch of Jesus freaks and throw them in jail for everything rednecks. These morons would come out of the woodwork if we where stupid enough to elect Romney. Just look at what happened at the state level. Yes they may not want us to think about the ugly social conservative side of their party but we know those morons are waiting in the background. No thank you.
If Ryan was truly a Fiscal COnservative then he would not be voting to give Big Oil companies subsidities.

I'm sorry, but what was this thread about again?

I was a HUGE Bush Supporter and LIVID when he wrote blank checks for education, OUTRAGEOUS. The bailouts, WTF, let them fail dude. Cutting off a gangrenous arm hurts, and stays with you forever, but at least the being survives. All Bush did was enable failure and four (4) years later we suffer because he wouldn't cut the cord with GM, etc.

With that said, what's my choice, Bush or Kerry? Hmm, a great National Defense President but crumby fiscally or a Crappy National Defense President that SUCKS fiscally. Bush was GREAT at certain things and VILE at others. Kerry would've been wretched at EVERYTHING.

Obama is HORRID fiscally, Thank G-d he's been a good President regarding National Defense, a la Bush style (Guantanamo Bay, Drone Strikes, Combat in Afghanistan). Hell, if Obama had a clue fiscally, was pro Gun and not Anti Israel (1967 Borders???) I wouldn't think he was a vile POS.

I fail to see any plan put forward by any Republican that will actually help create jobs. Most of what they put forward will cut jobs and raise the debt. But then when have cons not raised the debt? Why can't cons grasp that reality?

Love you tolerant liberals... Please keep displaying you hate, bigotry and intolerance, because it's the quickest and easiest way to get you people the hell out of Washington.

Oh please... You really want to talk about debt? Really?

Oh please... You really want to talk about debt? Really?

Sure lets talk...lets talk about outsourcing that sent most of the decent middleclass paying jobs out of the country...and put millions of workers that were paying taxs not only out of work but many on the public dole...so the rich could get piggier rich.
Lets talk about the full 50% cut in taxs the rich have gotten over the past 20 yrs that vastly added to our debt to enhance their piggyness.
Lets talk about the top 12 corporations in this country that paid ZERO in taxs in 2010 on billions of dollars...and gave out hundreds of millions in bonus.
Lets talk about all the big corporations that got multi billion dollar taxpayer bailouts for their CEOs FAILING and committing criminal acts...and who still gave out hundreds of millions in TAXPAYER paid salaries and BONUS.
Lets talk about GWBush who started this downward spiral and gave away the first billion to SAVE BIG BANKS THAT ARE TOO BIG TO FAIL because we allowed them to get so big by taking away the regulations.
Lets talk about GWbush who started the biggest and most costly social program that has added greatly to the debt of medicare...only TO PROTECT THE BIG DRUG COMPANIES from a huge backlash that had formed...when the american people especially SENIOR americans became aware that only US CITIZENS were enriching our superrich pharmaceutical companies....other countries paid pennies on the dollar...and even countries with similar cost of living and Quality of Life paid LESS THAN HALF like Canada and England and France...than our "PIG" corporations were raping their own here for in the United States....
Lets talk about industries that make hundreds of billions everyear...ROB AMERICA daily and get TAXPAYER subsidies to the tune of billions every year FOR DOING NOTHING but raping us. Big Oil and Big Farms...ethanol one of the biggest rape of taxpayers in history
Big oil has gotten billions upon billions in subsidies...and just pocketed all that money while robbing us at the pump at will....they havent built a SINGLE new refinery...they havent expanded their refining capabilities in the USA in decades...

Yeah lets talk about the debt Grim....LETS REALLY TALK ABOUT IT....and not do the conservative tap dance...Oh the rich pay for everything they are being robbed by the govt...the good sweet darling 2% need another tax cut because they are so overburdened and downtrodden....its those goddamn pesky out of work americans who dont have anything thats the cause of every single thing thats wrong with the United States....all we have to do is get rid of all public workers and all unions....and the RICH WILL SAVE US FROM EVERYTHING .....

Lets talk about the debt grim...and set aside all the conservative bullchit and talk the real deal....theres plenty to talk about

Back
Top Bottom