• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Partisan Hate Is Becoming a National Crisis

Deranged leftist democrats are driven mad by Trump's carefree freedom to do what he thinks is right in spite of leftist democrat opposition.

Fify

Normal people are concerned by Trump's carefree freedom to do what he thinks is right in spite of the Constitution.

many radical leftist democrats are borderline insane. They will never be happy because they typically reject God and righteousness for the devil and hedonism.

Irony

I liked Obama but no - we have term limits for a reason. Trump needs to remember that. According to Michael Cohen, Trump will not go out quietly. He's joked about it - he sets it up - "the election is rigged", maybe we should be like Japan and have a "president for life". I saw today (a rumor) that Jr. is considering a run in 2024. No dynasties either. Barf

I wouldn't believe a damn thing Cohen says. Democrats and the left have been saying for two and a half years now that the election was rigged. Let Jr. run if he wants. Anyone with a half a brain knows that ain't gonna go nowhere.

If you look at the last two Clinton and Obama - they both worked on the deficit and straightened out what the previous ones had screwed up.
To say that the GOP is now fiscally conservative is a joke.
Now McConnell and Trump want to cut Medicare and Social Security- we paid into those programs - Great give me back the money I put into it plus interest and I'll invest it myself.

I actually liked Clinton and I even voted for both Clinton and Obama the second time around. I liked the fact that Clinton worked with the Republican congress on the deficit. The left overlook the fact that yes, the deficits went down under both of these presidents but it was only when we had Republican Senates and Houses forcing them too. The fact is the only time we are fiscally conservative is when we have a Democratic president along with a Senate and House which are Republican. No other combination works. I mean look at right now. Kamala Harris is looking forward to winning in 2020 and having a Democratic congress, so she can spend 93 trillion dollars on the Green New Deal. Democrats are not actually fiscally conservative unless there is a Republican congress forcing them to be.

Partisan Hate Is Becoming a National Crisis.

yesterday, i was watching TV, some documentary, and I saw Bush JR after 911 speaking about Muslims and how we needed to all be Americans, not mistreat them for the actions of a few.

It hit me like a ton of bricks, Trump is totally responsible for the great divide we have in this country today. He NEVER makes the grown up speech. He is always inciting.

It also dawned on me that it will continue to get worse because he is not going anywhere and he will never be the adult in the room.

No matter what it is we hear, repeatedly, we believe if it suits our wants., So as long as Trump is on stage, this divide will only get worse.

An American President pitting American vs American for political gain. We have never had such a situation. I guess the countries future is in God's hands since the GOP will not act.

There are none to drop.

There are no investigations? The left have been saying for a long time now to wait for the Mueller investigation but now they seem to have no faith in the Mueller investigation so they have started 6 more investigations as an insurance policy. Now where did we hear that term before? Oh yeah, Lisa Page was talking about insurance policies to get Trump if he won.

There are no investigations? The left have been saying for a long time now to wait for the Mueller investigation but now they seem to have no faith in the Mueller investigation so they have started 6 more investigations as an insurance policy. Now where did we hear that term before? Oh yeah, Lisa Page was talking about insurance policies to get Trump if he won.

you are repeating party propaganda

if you really believe what you just wrote you had better hit the news stand

Wow. That is so deliciously weak.

Well surrendered.

You call it 'deliciously weak'. Seems to me that there's a very strong ring of truth to it.

Granted, not applicable to everyone - which generalization is? - but certainly applicable to a great many from the left. You see them paraded on TV on a daily basis.

I'd say the right hates more than the left - who's shooting up people of a different faith? Is that the left?? I don't think so. Who's the one saying when a woman was run over by a car by a right wing individual associated with the KKK that there are fine people on both sides??
Most of the left does not wish ill of Trump. Do we want him out of office?? Most definitely but lawfully because he's guilty as sin or through election.

Deranged leftist democrats are driven mad by Trump's carefree freedom to do what he thinks is right in spite of leftist democrat opposition.

Should probably add in spite of leftist Republican opposition as well.

While I don't agree with Moore on much, I do think that he did get at least this part right.

Michael Moore: A Trump Victory Would Be "The Biggest 'F**k You' Recorded In Human History"
. . .
They see that the elite who ruined their lives hate Trump. Corporate America hates Trump. Wall Street hates Trump. The career politicians hate Trump. The media hates Trump, after they loved him and created him, and now hate.
. . .

Is it really surprising that the establishment elite Republicans oppose Trump as well?

Trump didn't cause all this hate, he revealed other's their hate for the common man, the hate of the political elite for the non-political elite.

Last edited:
you are repeating party propaganda

if you really believe what you just wrote you had better hit the news stand

You are nothing but the resistance of nonstop insurance policies in case Trump won the election. Do you deny that Page said that?

You call it 'deliciously weak'. Seems to me that there's a very strong ring of truth to it.

Granted, not applicable to everyone - which generalization is? - but certainly applicable to a great many from the left. You see them paraded on TV on a daily basis.

Lulz. To hear you, of all people, referencing logic and reason is comic relief.

Lulz. To hear you, of all people, referencing logic and reason is comic relief.

Sure, sure, attack the poster and not the post, typical of when you have nothing. Do better.

You are nothing but the resistance of nonstop insurance policies in case Trump won the election. Do you deny that Page said that?

Trump had an insurance policy in case he won--stupid people who would continue to support him.

The post was laughable and idiotic. Anyone who would actually take it seriously is bereft of reason and logic.

You're most welcome!

Not sure where you think there's a gap in logic pointing out the often repeated demonstration of the left's hate. :shrug:

Trump had an insurance policy in case he won--stupid people who would continue to support him.

That post is just a symptom of your TDS. Do you actually have anything to say about what we were actually talking about, The Obama's deep state insurance policy in case Trump won? You know, the one Lisa Page talked about?

You mean the leffist realities of ifs, ands, buts, Trump may have done this, Trump could have done that, Trump probably did this, Trump possibly did that?

No, I quoted what I meant.

Moderate Right said:
Trump never did anything except win the election

That obvious denial of reality.

How many years has Manafort been sentenced to. Gee he had to be guilty of something.

Geeeee what did Mueller get out of Manafort that Trump colluded with the Russians. Same goes for all the rest that Mueller had in his pocket. He got nothing.

Trump is so dirty - he can't even have a foundation anymore.

Yeah just like the Clinton's "pay to play" program

It's easy to blame the "libs" but your own ignorance is just willful at this point.

Where is the Trump / Russian collusion? Speaking of ignorance, you libs for over 2 yrs have been 100% convinced that you had proof of evidence Trump colluded with the Russian. However you never had one ounce of evidence of what Russians colluded with Trump and what they did to alter the election.

You have no curiosity to read anything for yourself - all you do is sit back and scream "FAKE NEWS".

I just mentioned for over 2 yrs you've been adamant you have proof of evidence Trump colluded with the Russian. Talk about FAKE NEWS

What's going to happen when you find out we were right??

That your right that Trump colluded with the Russians. You never could get over Crooked Hillary losing to Trump and you'll never get over Trump never colluded with the Russian to win the election.

When I read your post, all I see is lip service, and you flapping your gums about nothing.

I don't even know what that response is supposed to mean.

I am going to assume that you're aware of McConnell's vow made in 2009 on the eve of Obama's inauguration, and that you're just playing coy or playing dumb, pretending you don't know what he said.

Re Mourdock, this fits you like a glove:

“I have a mindset that says bipartisanship ought to consist of Democrats coming to the Republican point of view.”

Soledad O’Brien pressed him on his notion of compromise, saying, “In fact, the only compromise you’ll do is really getting other people on the other side of the aisle to come to your side of the aisle, which I guess is the definition against compromise...”

“Well, it is the definition of political effectiveness,” he replied.

The national crisis sits in the white house...that's ****ing obvious.

What you're afraid the Russians could find all of Clinton's 30,000 E-mails she destroyed.

I couldn’t care less for corporatist Clinton or her emails. But to claim he wasn’t colluding with the Russians is pure fantasy. We have video evidence.

You really want to hear Truth, Born Free ? Here is some TRUTH for you. Mueller isn't empowered to force anyone to 'spill their guts' or 'turn anyone.' If someone flips, spills their guts, or turns, they do it of their own accord to save their asses.

Then not one of the people that Mueller had in his pocket wanted to save their asses.

And your claims regarding what these men may have revealed to Mueller leading nowhere is merely biased speculation on your part.

Where is the collusion? Yes that is a question. Further you libs were 100% certain for over 2+ yrs you have a ton of proof positive evidence that Trump colluded with the Russian. Where is it? It's a question

You haven't a clue what they may have told Mueller may lead to.

Where is the collusion?

Everything you just attributed to the left actually applies to YOU...until or unless you can present Mueller's findings.

BS I keep asking where is the Collusion.

None of us will be holding our collective breaths waiting for you to put forth Mueller's findings. Can you present Mueller's findings and present them here for the rest of the forum to see what you claim to have seen ? I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict you can't/won't because you are simply whistling dixie and making claims you can't prove with verifiable facts. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Christ, you don't understand a thing, I'm the one asking the question, which is! Where is the collusion, you libs have been telling the world for over 2 yrs you have proof of Trump/Russia collusion.

Here you go, your guy Adam Schiff:

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday that there is now “more than circumstantial evidence” that Trump’s associates colluded with the Russians to interfere in the U.S. election.

In an interview on MSNBC’s “Meet the Press Daily,” host Chuck Todd asked if Rep. Adam Schiff, D-California, currently has a circumstantial case.

“Actually, no, Chuck. I can tell you that the case is more than that. And I can’t go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now,” Schiff said.

Adam Schiff says there's "more than circumstantial evidence" of Trump-Russia collusion - CBS News

Good luck with that one. You're going to need it.

I couldn’t care less for corporatist Clinton or her emails. But to claim he wasn’t colluding with the Russians is pure fantasy. We have video evidence.

Really, you have proof of evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians. OK I ask who were these Russians and how many were there that colluded with Trump, and what did they collude to do to win the election. Simple question

Remember when the Muslims, teachers unions, undocumented immigrants & trans ppl outsourced your job to Asia, jacked up your premiums, cut taxes for rich ppl, killed the labor movement to keep US wages low, shielded wall st crooks, deregulated polluters & cut education funding?

But, lets blame both sides for the partisan hate. Shall we? :roll:

John Fugelsang on Twitter: "Remember when the Muslims, teachers unions, undocumented immigrants & trans ppl outsourced your job to Asia, jacked up your premiums, cut taxes for rich ppl, killed the labor movement to keep US wages low, shielded wall st crooks, deregulated polluters & cut education funding?"

Yes, all true, but in many respects, what is happening today is worse than all of that. See below.

Well...this would certainly be one of those sinister undertones I mentioned. News is now, for the most part, self-consciously about creating a propaganda narrative that few people see through. While there was plenty of propaganda going on in the 50s and 60s, it wasn't as bad.

A few points:

1. We have police shooting unarmed, non-resisting human beings rather frequently these days, and sinister undertone number two (number one was the point about news, above) is that we've become numb to it--they get away with actual murder and we continue to do nothing.

2. I think we could match mass murders today with riots in the 60s and 70s and get pretty close in number and frequency of incidents, and a considerably higher body count these days...and sinister undertone number two comes back into play. The '68 Chicago riots involved lots of really angry people (and hence are more impressive at first blush), but relatively few injuries and no deaths. The Charlottesville demonstration/counter-demonstration is comparable in a number of respects, except that while no one died in the Chicago riots, three people did die in Charlottesville (Heather Heyer and two Virginia State Police troopers who died in a helicopter crash whose cause has yet to be established, except that we know it didn't collide with anything mid-air).

3. The major issues that confronted us in the 50s and 60s were racism and the rise of the military-industrial complex and attendant corruption. The major issues we face today are wealth inequality, environmental devastation, and a decay of our social fabric.

Protests and legal action against legalized racism and discrimination (i.e. Jim Crow laws) was bound eventually to work in the 60s because the necessary individuals had realized that the founding assumption of racism--that non-white people aren't fully human and hence are not entitled to equal protection under the law--is false. So, despite massive entrenched social forces, the repeal of Jim Crow and enforcement of equal rights was bound to take place.

On the other hand, the principles that underlie our Constitution and our economic systems actually protect wealth inequality and also protect the social institutions that destroy the environment. Back in my corporate days, when the effects of the Kool-aid were still pretty strong for me, I witnessed and participated in policies and actions that short-circuit market economics and reduce the power of workers in ways that most people would consider downright evil--but the rub is that they were all entirely legal, and protected by the Constitution, as it turns out. It is very unlikely that we will be able to confront these issues in time before they lead to massive disruptions...and sinister overtone number 3 is that news sources typically avoid giving these stories coverage proportional to their threat, and in fact corporations even now interfere with primary education to make it less likely people get the kind of education necessary to figure out what's really up.

First let me remind you that the period I mentioned was 60's and 70's, did not mention the 50's.

Police brutality and killings have been going on for decades. So while "sinister" not something new.

As to mass shootings, some are sinister such as the church shooting. We had bombing of black churches in the period I mentioned.

I could point-counterpoint each item on your list. Bottom line is bad things happen. There are bad,crazy people in this world. To say this period is more sinister, I guess the hidden point because of our current president does not hold up IMO.

Back
Top Bottom