• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Only a theocracy would make Jesus' birthday a national holiday

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I can't be the only person who thinks this. It's time for atheists and secularists to step up and demand an end to this clear violation of the separation of church and state clause of the constitution.

Hate to break it to you, but Jesus wasn’t born in December.

Christmas is a cultural holiday. Plenty of people celebrate Christmas and aren’t practicing Christians

We have a Buddha ornament on our Christmas tree.

I can't be the only person who thinks this. It's time for atheists and secularists to step up and demand an end to this clear violation of the separation of church and state clause of the constitution.
12.25 is not a birthday celebration, but I take your point. In my own self interest I'm not trying to get rid of a paid day off.

I can't be the only person who thinks this.
Actually, I hope you are. 163 countries celebrate Christmas as a public holiday, and only one, Vatican City, is a theocracy. Add in the three Muslim theocracies, and the Islamic republics (some of which have Christmas as an official holiday), and you’re left with China, Japan, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam ad about the only countries that aren’t theocracies.
It's time for atheists and secularists to step up and demand an end to this clear violation of the separation of church and state clause of the constitution.
No.

I went to a public Jewish school. I'm not Jewish but the regular high school ran out of room.

Extra holidays!

I went to a public Jewish school. I'm not Jewish but the regular high school ran out of room.

Extra holidays!

We've got predominately Jewish clients. Their employees love that they get the additional Jewish holidays off!

--

Wait! A "public" Jewish School? Wazzat'?

I worship SNOWFLAKES during Christmas, lots and lots of SNOWFLAKES:

1703364779763.png

Government does not force it on anyone--------so, what are you talking about???

People of the past and present who lived/live in true theocracies where their lives are in constant danger from the government are collectively rolling their eyes at you.

People of the past and present who lived/live in true theocracies where their lives are in constant danger from the government are collectively rolling their eyes at you.
Wow, I wonder what the people who were killed for heresy think? If you were a person of science, your life was in danger every day from the church.

Wow, I wonder what the people who were killed for heresy think? If you were a person of science, your life was in danger every day from the church.

Yes, I know. As I said....

It should be a plank on the Democrat platform. Remove Christmas as a public holiday. When is George Floyds birthday? Paying public employees for the days off or double or triple if they work is an affront to the constitution /s

It should be a plank on the Democrat platform. Remove Christmas as a public holiday. When is George Floyds birthday? Paying public employees for the days off or double or triple if they work is an affront to the constitution /s
It's not so your whole rant is pointless.

Dude, sorry, but I need the extra holiday. I'm a de facto Christian for a day, and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom