• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Officer among 12 killed in mass shooting at bar in Thousand Oaks, California

why do police have them-and we don't know if he had a "high capacity" or NORMAL capacity magazine

California bans NORMAL capacity magazines that come with the G21=13 rounds

Witnesses described them as being "extended magazines". I know the standard capacity for the Glock 21 45 is 13 rounds. But if California's proposition 63 was being enforced he would have had to permanently modify the Glock 21's standard magazine to contain 10 rounds to be legal. Which ought to more than sufficient to address the self protection concerns of most private citizens.

Millions? :lamo :lamo :lamo

hundreds of thousands

gun bans or gun restrictions disarm the people most likely to stop crimes with a gun and least likely to commit crimes

gun bans almost never restrict those willing to commit murder

I own two G 21s. Standard issue mags are 13 rounds. In california, they are sold with 10 round mags. you can legally buy magazines across state lines: bringing normal capacity mags to California is a crime. Its a stupid law designed to harass law abiding people

CA.'s gun laws are extremely nuts... Feel good, fluffy legislation to make the gun grabbers feel better about themselves.

How many people die from drunk driving? Should we ban beer? How about banning cars?

More people die from fast food than guns. Should we ban big macs, fraps, and whoppers?

How about banning Military Grade weapons that are easily obtained, by Gun Nuts.....Now go back to talking about Whoppers

Witnesses described them as being "extended magazines". I know the standard capacity for the Glock 21 45 is 13 rounds. But if California's proposition 63 was being enforced he would have had to permanently modify the Glock 21's standard magazine to contain 10 rounds to be legal. Which ought to more than sufficient to address the self protection concerns of most private citizens.

and what will stop the bannerrhoid politicians to moving to 5 rounds

here should be the standard-if the CIVILIAN POLICE have a certain magazine capacity, than other lawful citizens should too. and I don't need people who really have no understanding of this subject telling ME what I NEED in terms of rounds in a firearm.

If you cannot trust someone with a 40 round magazine, don't lie to me and tell me they only become trustworthy with a ten round gun.

Another lie. I gave 2 specifics.

And good..buh-bye...as you have completely and willfully mischaracterized my posts.

I don't lie.
What you continue to suggest in a vague manner btw, violates the civil rights of gun owners.

How about banning Military Grade weapons that are easily obtained, by Gun Nuts.....Now go back to talking about Whoppers

what's a military grade weapon? and gun nuts are those who have an insane hatred of honest citizens being able to defend themselves

Tell that to the family of the sheriff killed by this gun nut.....

You keep saying gun nut. No, he's not a gun nut. He is just a nut. I own several guns. I am not a nut. Your insistence that people who own guns and use them are "gun nuts" is insulting.

Gun Grabber=Paranoid NRA Gun Nut non sense

you just demanded banning all sorts of guns and then you whine about gun advocates being paranoid about gun bans.

I don't lie.
What you continue to suggest in a vague manner btw, violates the civil rights of gun owners.

Not as good as your word, still, I see. You said you were done.

And probable cause changes can be made without violating civil rights...try reading better before writing...if you must respond. If that wasnt possible, there wouldnt be 'probable cause' to begin with. :roll:

You keep saying gun nut. No, he's not a gun nut. He is just a nut. I own several guns. I am not a nut. Your insistence that people who own guns and use them are "gun nuts" is insulting.

he hates the politics of many gun owners and he hates that the NRA supports candidates who aren't far left authoritarian scumbags.

Unlike other western nations. we have a violent gun culture, we have for 200 years. I don't know what the solution is. But I'd wager that most parents that have lost their young children to gun violence in these school shootings, give two ****s about the 2nd ammendment and how many lives you say that they have saved.

The Gun Nut Jihadists who worship guns...Are fueled by paranoia and fear...They perverted the Second Amendment....They are far more dangerous to America than any caravan or Middle easterner living 6,000 miles away

so everyone with PTSD should be committed? bottom line-this killer was interviewed by professionals. the professionals determined he didn't need further intervention. WE do not know what the FACTS were at that time.

Where the hell did I say that everyone with PTSD should be committed? The guy was acting deranged...he needed to be committed.

I am not sure what your definition is of a military grade weapon.

Tell that to the victims......Gun Nuts are able to pull off these terrorist acts because so-called law abiding gun owners allow them to

The sheriff said twice that there was no 5150.

There was an evaluation for a 5150...that has been repeated many times...he wasn't 5150d meaning they rejected him for committment....but he was evaluated for erratic behavior.

Where the hell did I say that everyone with PTSD should be committed? The guy was acting deranged...he needed to be committed.

so in your professional opinion and since you were onsite when the man was displaying some signs of being disturbed, you believe your opinion should outweigh those of the professionals who also examined and interviewed this man?

DrfsQBSUwAAs4mf.jpg

Ian David Long
WHITE MALE
FROM NEWBURY PARK, CA
VETERAN USMC WITH PTSD
DOB 3-27-1990 AGE 28
GUN: .45 CAL GLOCK 21
MINOR POLICE RECORD OF BATTERY, DISTURBANCE, TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS,...
CLEARED BY MENTAL HEALTH AFTER EVALUATION...
NEGATIVE 51-50

https://twitter.com/The_News_UNIT

America's sure as hell can't let the NRA Gun nuts decide...Thats for sure

the way the bannerrhoid movement is going, they sure might. You plan on acting out your hatred towards NRA Members?

Tell that to the victims......Gun Nuts are able to pull off these terrorist acts because so-called law abiding gun owners allow them to

Gun banner tactic #2-appeal to emotion and ignore logic

There was an evaluation for a 5150...that has been repeated many times...he wasn't 5150d meaning they rejected him for committment....but he was evaluated for erratic behavior.

The sheriff said there wasn't.

I wonder if it had nothing to do with Country Music, but more to do with the large crowds. That definitely seemed to be the case in the LV shootings. I don't believe they ever found a link of motive to Country Music.
I think you're correct. Afaik, the LV shooter's motive has never been determined. If I remember correctly he scouted other venues elsewhere.

There is a lot of press about the two cops, but did one of them shoot the perp? If not, they were just ordinary patrons. They have not released, or do not know who shot the killer. It may have been one of them, another patron, or a suicide.

there were six off duty officers there at the bar...the shooter wasn't killed by them...he shot himself from what I understand. This was a guy trained in combat in Afghanistan......my son is also a combat vet from Afghanistan and is the exact same age as he was.

Back
Top Bottom