• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obstruction Inquiry Shows Trump’s Struggle to Keep Grip on Russia Investigation

Not fear...boredom.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about the investigations into the Obama DOJ and FBI.

Nothingburger, and a whataboutism. Now all you need is to talk about Obama's birth certificate and you will have the denialist triple whammy.

Nothingburger, and a whataboutism. Now all you need is to talk about Obama's birth certificate and you will have the denialist triple whammy.

Nothing "whataboutism" about it. The current investigations into the Obama DOJ and FBI, among other investigations, is a big deal that's going on right now.

Heads are going to roll because of it.

Nothing "whataboutism" about it. The current investigations into the Obama DOJ and FBI, among other investigations, is a big deal that's going on right now.

Before 2017 Republicans and Democrats shared two versions of the same reality. 2017 marked the point in history in which Republicans abandoned this reality altogether and created an entirely separate one.

For those who think that reality will come crashing down on them, it won't, and there is nothing to indicate it ever will.

Yeah so there's so many bombshells in this NYT article...

- President Trump sent McGahn to prevent Sessions from recusing himself on Russia so that Sessions could protect him. (Gee, why would he need protection?)
- One of McGahn's deputy lawyers misled President Trump on his authority to fire Comey in an attempt to prevent the action because the lawyer thought it would force the DOJ to appoint a special counsel. Oh, and this deputy was a former DOJ lawyer.
- One of Sessions deputies went to a congressional aide to ask for dirt on Comey.
- Priebus reportedly took notes detailing how President Trump urged Comey to publicly state that the president was not under investigation.
- Rosenstein had a letter written by President Trump and Steven Miller over a weekend at Bedminster detailing justification for firing Comey on the basis of the Russia investigation being both fabricated and political. (Gee, why would he feel the need to go to these lengths to defend himself from "fabricated" allegations?)
- When McGahn failed to prevent Sessions' recusal, President Trump "erupted in anger" saying that he needed protection from the AG.
- When President Trump tried to dictate the Don Jr statement from Air Force One, his lawyers considered it an explicit attempt to throw sand into the gears of the investigation.

This isn't a smoking gun, it's a smoking crater. It's rather hard to imagine a more ironclad case for obstruction of justice.

And this is only what has become public...

No, I'm not. What a stupid thing to ask.

You should really try paying better attention.

Of course it is. You're side is foaming at the mouth at the thought of getting rid of Trump because you think somehow, someway it will put a Democrat in office.

You can deny it or come up with another convoluted explanation but that doesn't change the reality.

Of course it is. You're side is foaming at the mouth at the thought of getting rid of Trump because you think somehow, someway it will put a Democrat in office.

No, I'm not, but I understand your pathological need to pretend otherwise. It's what people with no argument do.
You can deny it or come up with another convoluted explanation but that doesn't change the reality.

You wouldn't know reality if it spit in your face which, ironically enough, it's doing right now.

You should really try paying better attention.

Before 2017 Republicans and Democrats shared two versions of the same reality. 2017 marked the point in history in which Republicans abandoned this reality altogether and created an entirely separate one.

For those who think that reality will come crashing down on them, it won't, and there is nothing to indicate it ever will.

I hate to echo that DP member who doesn't seem to be around much anymore...Shrub...but, wait and see. (You won't have to wait the 25 years or so Shrub used to cite.)

And this is only what has become public...

You're right...no need to worry. The Trump haters will come up with more BS...probably more today.

Yesterday's news.

Today's news erupts by the hour.

Then there's tomorrow. I like it when reporters take a leak.

Here's a recap of " yesterdays news ".

1 ) Senator Ron Johnson received copies of Comey's unedited draft statement exonerating Hillary Clinton

Comey?s original Clinton memo released, cites possible violations | TheHill

2 ) Senator Chuck Grassley said James Comey leaked classified FBI information to the media for Political purposes...

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/new...e-department-about-classification-comey-memos

3 )The FBI is starting a new review of the Clinton Foundation and allegations of " pay to play "...

FBI launches new Clinton Foundation investigation | TheHill

4 ) A Federal Judge ruled Fusion GPS must turn over bank records to the House intel committee...

Judge Rules Against Fusion GPS Bank Battle | The Daily Caller

5 ) The DOJ will be delivering ALL subpoened documents to the House Intel commitee and providing access to 9 witnesses including Peter Sztrok

Comey?s original Clinton memo released, cites possible violations | TheHill

6 ) The DOJ is reopening the Hillary Email investigation....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/justice-department-looking-into-hillary-clintons-emails-again

And Inspector General Michael Horrowitz is scheduled to deliver 1.2 million documents to the House Judiciary Commitee on January 15th, that were obtained during his year long investigation into Obama's DOJ / FBI

Wow ! Its been a tough week for the Democrats, and its only going to get tougher.

I hate to echo that DP member who doesn't seem to be around much anymore...Shrub...but, wait and see. (You won't have to wait the 25 years or so Shrub used to cite.)

That has literally no bearing on what I said, but no surprise there.

I hope we can drag this out…till spring for the midterms at least.:2wave:

Oh I am sure it will. Mueller is amending his invite for coffee and a chat party.
Has a side table with some treats for those invited - Plea deals or multiple felonies. You can only pick one.

Lmao, okay - I'll make you a bet. A year from now we will see who is getting charged, and who isn't, and whoever has more charges files and people pleading guilty wins and revisit this. If something comes out of the GOP investigation, you donate money to the forum. If multiple Trump associates are still facing charges and going through trial, I'll donate to the forum. Got it? :)

Lmao, okay - I'll make you a bet. A year from now we will see who is getting charged, and who isn't, and whoever has more charges files and people pleading guilty wins and revisit this. If something comes out of the GOP investigation, you donate money to the forum. If multiple Trump associates are still facing charges and going through trial, I'll donate to the forum. Got it? :)

I don't gamble...ever...but you won't have to wait a year.

I don't gamble...ever...but you won't have to wait a year.

I waited 8 years for birthers to prove Obama was born somewhere other than the US. Don't worry, I am patient as hell.

Yeah so there's so many bombshells in this NYT article...

- President Trump sent McGahn to prevent Sessions from recusing himself on Russia so that Sessions could protect him. (Gee, why would he need protection?)
- One of McGahn's deputy lawyers misled President Trump on his authority to fire Comey in an attempt to prevent the action because the lawyer thought it would force the DOJ to appoint a special counsel. Oh, and this deputy was a former DOJ lawyer.
- One of Sessions deputies went to a congressional aide to ask for dirt on Comey.
- Priebus reportedly took notes detailing how President Trump urged Comey to publicly state that the president was not under investigation.
- Rosenstein had a letter written by President Trump and Steven Miller over a weekend at Bedminster detailing justification for firing Comey on the basis of the Russia investigation being both fabricated and political. (Gee, why would he feel the need to go to these lengths to defend himself from "fabricated" allegations?)
- When McGahn failed to prevent Sessions' recusal, President Trump "erupted in anger" saying that he needed protection from the AG.
- When President Trump tried to dictate the Don Jr statement from Air Force One, his lawyers considered it an explicit attempt to throw sand into the gears of the investigation.

This isn't a smoking gun, it's a smoking crater. It's rather hard to imagine a more ironclad case for obstruction of justice.

And a copy of the original letter stating the Russia investigation was fabricated and such.
I think Mueller has already confirmed this original letter with McGahn.
McGahn is the Office of the Presidency lawyer, not Trumps personal lawyer, so how privilege communications - lawyer- client will be dicey.

And for those Trumpsters- They along with the world heard denials, multiple denials of no contacts with Russian operatives. And they took that line of defense.

And as more damaging information becomes public, they had to shift, swallow the lies, shift to deflection, the Deep State, crooked FBI and on and on.
I smell charges coming in the next few months.
As we have seen the book that was just posted with excerpts drove him batty, wait till family members are charged.

And a copy of the original letter stating the Russia investigation was fabricated and such.
I think Mueller has already confirmed this original letter with McGahn.
McGahn is the Office of the Presidency lawyer, not Trumps personal lawyer, so how privilege communications - lawyer- client will be dicey.

And for those Trumpsters- They along with the world heard denials, multiple denials of no contacts with Russian operatives. And they took that line of defense.

And as more damaging information becomes public, they had to shift, swallow the lies, shift to deflection, the Deep State, crooked FBI and on and on.
I smell charges coming in the next few months.
As we have seen the book that was just posted with excerpts drove him batty, wait till family members are charged.

What charges?

This is more proof that Mueller's investigation has zilch.

The president asked Sessions not to recuse himself. So what?

You didn't read the article, did you? :roll:

You didn't read the article, did you? :roll:

I sure did. I'm not stupid, so there's no way you'll convince me that this is remotely close to "obstruction of justice". When one considers who those are that do believe this is obstruction, it's no mystery why they believe. Especialluy since they got their marching orders from NYT. The Grey Lady has spoken, the anti-Trump zombies are on the move. :lamo

When you get right down to it, this is STILL a nothingburger.

yawn...

... that right wingers all across the nation are choking rather badly on.

You can't even guess! :lamo

Oh I can make a reasonable conclusion on future charges.

Now when this Russia thing came out, Trumps campaign, including Trump, family members, senior members of the campaign stated that no contacts with Russian occurred. And you believed them.
Now we have seen evidence of multiple contacts, including senior members of the campaign/Trump family.
And each time they became public, the Trump campaign, family members lied their respective assess off.
And you believed them
Then they would amend the story - and you believed them
Then it changed again- and you believed them.

Back
Top Bottom