• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA

Don’t understand. Did the complaint mention the NRA’s political activities as a cause of action?

Doesn't have to. Anyone with a brain, that's honest, knows this is political.

So we should just ignore the massive fraud ?

If there's fraud, the government should file charges against the people who committed the fraud.

No, in her quest to remove fraud. Did you not read the op?

Yeah and I don't believe everything I read either. But let's say it's so though, it sounds like what politicians have been doing since, well there have been politicians.

Doesn't have to. Anyone with a brain, that's honest, knows this is political.

Have you looked at the allegations in the complaint? If invalid, you may have a point. But why should the NRA more than any other non-profit not have to play by the rules? The Trump foundation used donors money to pay Trump’s bills. I imagine the folks that put it out of business may not have liked Trump, but what’s wrong with penalizing the foundation for self-dealing?

This is going to leave a mark.

I wish the AG in both court systems well in their endeavor. The NRA is a criminal organization.

That is just as much a fringe statement as your claim that Trump is intentionally killing people with covid 19.

If there's fraud, the government should file charges against the people who committed the fraud.

Organizations are charged with violations all the time

The Deutsche Bank just got a huge fine

In the case of the NRA, there may well be criminal charges following.

Have you looked at the allegations in the complaint? If invalid, you may have a point. But why should the NRA more than any other non-profit not have to play by the rules? The Trump foundation used donors money to pay Trump’s bills. I imagine the folks that put it out of business may not have liked Trump, but what’s wrong with penalizing the foundation for self-dealing?

At the end of the day, it's a civil suit designed to dissolve the NRA. Literally, her words.

Organizations are charged with violations all the time

The Deutsche Bank just got a huge fine

In the case of the NRA, there may well be criminal charges following.

But, this is a civil suit. :lamo

Why would I give a flying **** at a rolling donut? Is that to deflect from the abject ignorance you are displaying in the thread?
So then you could "give a flying **** at a rolling donut" when it doesn't happen? You're going to have some pissed buds here.;)

At the end of the day, it's a civil suit designed to dissolve the NRA. Literally, he words.

And if they are found to have acted as crookedly as charged, what’s the harm in that? They could re-establish themselves as an honest non-profit organization promoting gun rights based on the Second Amendment. Probably keep their name, for all I know. After he got busted, Trump could have started a legit charitable foundation as well.

And if they are found to have acted as crookedly as charged, what’s the harm in that? They could re-establish themselves as an honest non-profit organization promoting gun rights based on the Second Amendment. Probably keep their name, for all I know. After he got busted, Trump could have started a legit charitable foundation as well.

If someone broke the law, why not just charge the people who broke the law.

I'll tell you why: because this is a political stunt.

If someone broke the law, why not just charge the people who broke the law.

I'll tell you why: because this is a political stunt.

Four people are charged, as well as the NRA was a whole. I worked for a couple of non-profits and remember that questions could be raised about the organization itself, about what percentage of income was used for its stated purposes, how much used for administration, etc. But if the four were criminally charged you would have no problem with that? If the NRA wants to function as a for profit company, fine, they can be bound by different rules.

Four people are charged, as well as the NRA was a whole. I worked for a couple of non-profits and remember that questions could be raised about the organization itself, about what percentage of income was used for its stated purposes, how much used for administration, etc. But if the four were criminally charged you would have no problem with that? If the NRA wants to function as a for profit company, fine, they can be bound by different rules.

Not in a civil suit, they aren't.

Everyone can agree Wayne LaPierre has got to go.

Hire someone who'll clean the place up.

And how come the NRA doesn't have any support on the democrat side? That's stupid. The democrats come into power every once in a while, the NRA should have support among democrats as well as republicans.

It's mismanaged and a waste of member's dues.

Not in a civil suit, they aren't.

Just looked at the text of the suit. The four are named together with the organization. Google “text of complaint in the action against the NRA” and it will come up. What I saw was at the Chicago Tribune website, I believe.

Or am I missing your point?

Everyone can agree Wayne LaPierre has got to go.

Hire someone who'll clean the place up.

If it needs cleaning up. LaPierre has been a bit controversial at times, criminal conduct? I doubt it.

And how come the NRA doesn't have any support on the democrat side? That's stupid.

It's stupid to assume that they don't have any support on the democrat side.The NRA has much support and membership outside of government, though it typically is not a motivator when they go to the polls and vote. That could change if the democrats in government get heavy handed with anti-gun bills.

The democrats come into power every once in a while, the NRA should have support among democrats as well as republicans.

And there are at least a dozen democrats in congress that support the NRA. Yes, small number, but then the democrats in congress at this point in time tend to lean towards an authoritarian bent.

It's mismanaged and a waste of member's dues.

Yet it is very successfully holding democrats at bay who seek to enact gun bans. Go figure! I am an NRA Life Member. I certainly do not consider my dues wasted.

This is going to leave a mark.

I wish the AG in both court systems well in their endeavor. The NRA is a criminal organization.

Too bad. It used to be a good organization, then it became political and they collected a bunch of nut jobs, like Wayne LaPierre, to run it. Some of whom, like Wayne LaPierre, knew nothing about guns. Other high profile members, like Alzheimer's poster boy Charlton My Cold Dead Hands Heston, couldn't stay sober. Now of course Trump pretends to be an NRA supporter even though he was too chicken to carry a gun into combat.

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom