• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now we know The Trump Administration is really Afraid.

Cigar

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Nunes - "No future hearings for the Russia investigation are on the books."

Nunes said the plan was to further question FBI Director James Comey and NSA director Mike Rogers instead, but then postponed that hearing as well, citing scheduling issues. A series of additional meetings were postponed as well. Democrats say that explanation doesn't add up and want the hearings immediately rescheduled. Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), a member of the intelligence committee, told MSNBC on Wednesday that "no future hearings for the Russia investigation are on the books."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcn...ered-questions-about-rep-nunes-russia-n740231

This is the typical Conservative Play-Book ... Ignore it and it will go away quietly. :mrgreen:

Nunes said the plan was to further question FBI Director James Comey and NSA director Mike Rogers instead, but then postponed that hearing as well, citing scheduling issues. A series of additional meetings were postponed as well. Democrats say that explanation doesn't add up and want the hearings immediately rescheduled. Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), a member of the intelligence committee, told MSNBC on Wednesday that "no future hearings for the Russia investigation are on the books."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcn...ered-questions-about-rep-nunes-russia-n740231

This is the typical Conservative Play-Book ... Ignore it and it will go away quietly. :mrgreen:

OK I'll bite....what are the afraid of, and how do we know?

Nunes, a member of Trump's presidential transition team is providing the White House political cover. After Comey revealed that Trump and his campaign staff were under investigation for possible collusion with Russian to affect the election, the White House needed some time of cover or diversion very badly.

Nunes is obviously a Trump shill and should never have been assigned to chair the house committee.

Nunes, a member of Trump's presidential transition team is providing the White House political cover. After Comey revealed that Trump and his campaign staff were under investigation for possible collusion with Russian to affect the election, the White House needed some time of cover or diversion very badly.

Nunes is obviously a Trump shill and should never have been assigned to chair the house committee.

His supporters don't or can't see that.

Democrats should be screaming bloody murder until we get an independent investigation.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

All recent indications seem to be we have a White House in cover-up.

Remember, this president is not just about political power. He has the power that occurs from having enormous wealth. It's obvious to me he's gotten to Nunes (and others).

I believe sooner or later some brave and honest individual beyond reproach will talk, and the Americans and legislators supporting this President must decide if their support for him is worth a Constitutional crisis, and indeed what the Constitution means to them and what exactly does it mean to be an American itself.

I knew what the GOP was all about back in 2006, when they all defended Mark Foley.

The Page Who Took Down the GOP - POLITICO Magazine

In 2006, it seemed clear the House leadership knew something inappropriate was happening with Foley and the pages; Hastert’s disgraceful exit from the speakership that year reflected this suspicion-by-consensus. But knowing what I now know, it’s chilling to realize that the speaker of the House had, decades earlier, allegedly sexually abused a teenage boy while working as a high school wrestling coach. What if Hastert’s neglect was not simply incompetence, but choice?

...It is impossible not to notice that Hastert, a man once universally seen as above reproach, seemed to deny any advance knowledge about Foley’s predatory behavior toward teenage boys. And it is now impossible for me to believe his testimony to the Ethics Committee—testimony that goes against what others told investigators—knowing that Hastert covered up his own decades-old sexual relationship with a boy, which began when Hastert was a high school wrestling coach. That boy was a teenager, a high schooler. He could have just as easily been a page.

Last edited:

That would be more the Trump playbook...it's how he's handled all of his problems and set backs...he walks away and later, if pressed hard enough, will buy out a lawsuit here and there.

He has the integrity of a snail

OK I'll bite....what are the afraid of, and how do we know?

Everything.

But I believe Bob Woodward was right, they ARE in cover up mode.

What's different between this situation and Watergate was the Nixon administration was able to maintain an air of competence...since inauguration this has been a Chinese fire drill complete with nit wit tweets and this guy Nunes running around like a puppet on a string playing "I Spy" on the White House grounds in the middle of the night.

We're still under 100 days an independent observers are already comparing Trump to Nixon and Watergate.

Everything.

What's different between this situation and Watergate was the Nixon administration was able to maintain an air of competence...since inauguration this has been a Chinese fire drill complete with nit wit tweets and this guy Nunes running around like a puppet on a string playing "I Spy" on the White House grounds in the middle of the night.

We're still under 100 days an independent observers are already comparing Trump to Nixon and Watergate.

Sure they are, but what they are covering up is that Trump was hot to trot to make a deal with Putin to advance the interests of the USA in places like Syria and Europe, if he should get elected, it was never about Putin helping to get Trump elected. That is how any story is going to get told though, because Trump is a parasite in need of off-loading according to the elite, and they will stop at nothing to get it done.

3/15/18, thats my date for the deed getting done.

Everything.

Absolutely.

What's worse and different in this instance is the GOP control, which is essentially extending the problem from a White House cover-up to a government cover-up.

This strikes me as potentially far more dangerous than Nixon, by an infinite margin.

Sure they are, but what they are covering up is that Trump was hot to trot to make a deal with Putin to advance the interests of the USA in places like Syria and Europe, if he should get elected, it was never about Putin helping to get Trump elected. That is how any story is going to get told though, because Trump is a parasite in need of off-loading according to the elite, and they will stop at nothing to get it done.

Illegal is illegal, whatever the motive - which yours seems highly doubtful to begin with.

Absolutely.

What's worse and different in this instance is the GOP control, which is essentially extending the problem from a White House cover-up to a government cover-up.

This strikes me as potentially far more dangerous than Nixon, by an infinite margin.

I got raked over the coals last summer when I said Donald was far more dangerous than Nixon, even if you allow for Nixon having 'provoked' the Kent State Massacre in a speech the week before. This guy, if he can, will shred the constitution.

I would not be surprised if, two three years from now America faces a huge crisis and Trump gets his congress to cancel elections, temporarily until the crisis is over" which will be long after he has handed control to his daughter...the Tsarina

Absolutely.

This is one reason I like Canada better than the US. If the law is broken, there is no way a politician can be involved. If the RCMP decides an investigation is warranted and they can get warrants etc., the only thing that could stop them would be WW3. Not even Parliament in a unanimous vote. The closest that cold come would be the appointment of an independent investigator to "review" the RCMP case. He would be named by the Speaker of the House which means he answers to no one.

I am not saying there is no corruption, hell no we just raked some Senators over the coals, but it prevents a demi-god with a handful of key insiders from doing what Trump is obviously trying to do, crown himself

This is one reason I like Canada better than the US. If the law is broken, there is no way a politician can be involved. If the RCMP decides an investigation is warranted and they can get warrants etc., the only thing that could stop them would be WW3. Not even Parliament in a unanimous vote. The closest that cold come would be the appointment of an independent investigator to "review" the RCMP case. He would be named by the Speaker of the House which means he answers to no one.

I am not saying there is no corruption, hell no we just raked some Senators over the coals, but it prevents a demi-god with a handful of key insiders from doing what Trump is obviously trying to do, crown himself

Trumps incompetence might be the one saving grace.

Everything.

Exactly. There's a cover up going on. The only question is are they covering up stuff that would simply look bad like negligence or poor decisions or are they covering up illegal actions?

This is absolutely insane that everyone isn't screaming for an independent investigation. I don't think the Trump supporters are even aware of just how many links there are to Russia colluding with Trump at this point.

Trumps incompetence might be the one saving grace.

I'm afraid I don't understand how the incompetence of the man with the nuke codes could possibly be "Saving grace". I was born into the nuke scare. Until I was in my 30's lived with the fear that any ****ing day they may start falling because some fat assed idiot had hemhoroids. We finally get some releif during the Reagan years and now you have a president who has said several times he'd be prepared to use 'pre-emptive "nukes.

I got maybe 20 years left on this planet. More and more I believe I will see its end before my own.

I'm afraid I don't understand how the incompetence of the man with the nuke codes could possibly be "Saving grace". I was born into the nuke scare. Until I was in my 30's lived with the fear that any ****ing day they may start falling because some fat assed idiot had hemhoroids. We finally get some releif during the Reagan years and now you have a president who has said several times he'd be prepared to use 'pre-emptive "nukes.

I got maybe 20 years left on this planet. More and more I believe I will see its end before my own.

Trump has a United congress and he still could not pass Obamacare's repeal.

If he thinks passing his tax cuts... I'm sorry.... passes his "tax reform" plan will be easier, he is going to be in for a rude awakening.

That would be more the Trump playbook...it's how he's handled all of his problems and set backs...he walks away and later, if pressed hard enough, will buy out a lawsuit here and there.

He has the integrity of a snail

That's not being fair to snails.

That's a new one.

If so, he has violated the law. Russia is still embargoed.

.... either way he's ****ed.

BTW, we have companies hurting very badly because of the US embargo...if Trump is going to violate that he is threatening OUR security and that of other nations who recognize the American embargo.

Trump has a United congress and he still could not pass Obamacare's repeal.

If he thinks passing his tax cuts... I'm sorry.... passes his "tax reform" plan will be easier, he is going to be in for a rude awakening.

OK, I accept that.

However I believe he can impose a border tax without congress, no?

That's a new one.

If so, he has violated the law. Russia is still embargoed.

.... either way he's ****ed.

BTW, we have companies hurting very badly because of the US embargo...if Trump is going to violate that he is threatening OUR security and that of other nations who recognize the American embargo.

They were a dumb idea that only dont work but almost certainly have helped Putin.....which the DC Elite dont want to admit of course, their failure to deal with Russia effectively being one of the main drivers of the current insanity in Washington towards Russia.

And yes, I have already stated many many times that I think that this insanity gets Trump in the end.

Violate the law? As of yet no one is even making that claim, that they know he did.

Note: For sure, you can often count on HAWKEYE for a fresh take on the days events.

Last edited:

It may make sense to do something more productive. We already know the Russians messed with our politics. Perhaps these folks could find ways to deter the Russians from a repeat performance. Endless investigations normally accomplish nothing. Remember Benghazi and how effective that was.

Back
Top Bottom