• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Korea openly threatens EMP attack for the first time, changing the game

The Pig’s launch of ICBMs over Japan and setting off a H-bomb is a shot across the bow. This shot across the bow is not a warning shot. It is an act of war.

So i can come to your house and shoot my .45 over your head? Its just a threat, right?

And the response would be to burn down all the houses in town?

You people are the same type of people in 1939 that didn’t take Hitler seriously, either

So how many countries is NK invading? See I can play that game too.

Make sure NK KNOWS WITH NO DOUBT that even an EMP attack results in annihilation of the ENTIRE country and that we will deliberately STERILIZE the entire country. Nothing not even the roaches make it out alive, bunkers or not. We detonate one of or big ones in a airburst test like we did in the 50's. To emphasize that point. Second and most important we begin immediately restarting the Reagan era SDI program that was envisioned to engage at it's inception over 50,000 simultaneous missiles and decoys of all types. It has now become a necessity the ABM system we have is NOT going to cut the mustard it was always a last ditch system in the SDI system of defense in depth. Speaking of which we should consider mounting our excess nuclear warheads on some of our longest range interceptors to help with knock down efficiency. Thirdly I have been saying for awhile now that every time NK shoots off missile we should have our deployed ABM system practice intercepting them. This is a problem that cant be solved satisfactorily with an invasion, it can be solved with guile and ingenuity.

Yeah, the list of brutal regimes which oppress their own people mercilessly that we've overthrown is rather long, so I can totally see why Kim Jong Un would be scared.

Are you kidding? "Reunification"--- by any means necessary--- has been the main North Korean goal for the entirety of their existence. Add to that the bad memories left over from the time when Japan was in control, and, well.....can you say "powder keg"?
What you want us to do, go to war with half the planet? Stop talking crazy.

What you want us to do, go to war with half the planet? Stop talking crazy.

You have no room to talk. You complained about the regimes the US has overthrown without bothering to mention the fact that said regimes are among the worst known to man.

Your feeble attempts at defending North Korean aggression is amusing though.

So when the US tested H bombs was that a shot across the bow of the world hat deserved the us being attacked?

I don't remember us shooting missiles across someone's country then testing a nuke, do you know of one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have no room to talk. You complained about the regimes the US has overthrown without bothering to mention the fact that said regimes are among the worst known to man.

Your feeble attempts at defending North Korean aggression is amusing though.
Riiight, and we've done nothing to violate human rights with our CIA in the world? Yeah, all the human testing, assassinations, enlisting the mafia, drug pushing, waterboarding, etc, it was just as being really swell humanitarians. :peace

By your logic somebody would have been justified invading us forty years ago.

Riiight, and we've done nothing to violate human rights with our CIA in the world? Yeah, all the human testing, assassinations, enlisting the mafia, drug pushing, waterboarding, etc, it was just as being really swell humanitarians. :peace

By your logic somebody would have been justified invading us forty years ago.

Ah, the CIA, the age old boogeyman. I hate to break it to you buddy, but nothing the CIA has ever done is anywhere near as bad as what regimes like North Korea or the Taliban routinely did and continue to do their people.

You spewing every cliche about the CIA in existence changes nothing.

How much is Pyongyang paying per word anyway?

How much is Pyongyang paying per word anyway?
You're an asshole for going there simply because I don't agree a strike is warranted at this point.

You're an asshole for going there simply because I don't agree a strike is warranted at this point.

You and others defend them

So when is a strike is warranted?

I don't remember us shooting missiles across someone's country then testing a nuke, do you know of one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No we just dropped two on a civilian population killing tens of thousands of people instantly. How many people did NK kill in Japan from their test again?

You and others defend them

So when is a strike is warranted?

When risking millions of South Korean lives is warranted. You either don't understand or don't care that millions of South Koreans would be in danger. It's not like Iraq or Afghanistan.

Imagine long range artillery bombarding a modern city like Seoul. It's an unimaginable horror.

Reluctance by both the Russians and the U.S.; careful multi-stage planning on the U.S. side; discrete back channel communications; allowing both sides to save face publicly while they make a trade; careful to ignore Cuba's handling of the situation (seriously--there were moments that the U.S. ignored that could have devastated USSR and US desire to end this peacefully); U.S. quietly dismantles Turkey and Italy missile systems.

You didn't mention a critical piece. The U.S. agreed not to invade Cuba.

The Russians put the missiles in after U.S. tried to invade Cuba in Bay of Pigs. The Russians were trying to protect Cuba from invasion just as NK wants to protect itself from invasion. The issue was completely settled by an agreement not to invade.

I'm puzzled why you think we should be just ok with constant threats, Spud. Why is this all on us while NK gets a pass in your mind?

Just like the junk in our foods and other environmental hazards having to live with the threat of North Korea is good for us, toughens us and weeds out the population and is good and requisite payment for how we chose to end the war, hopefully it will be sufficient payment and who wants to be President anymore?

As to what they want: they want to win and will always be looking for an opportunity to do this. Win is defined as ruling the world; to appear as the Antichrist; partner with him or some other personality.

What do they want? Glory and Power; but they should ask for Love, Wisdom and Power in Balanced Action. They want the same thing as every other living entity: prestige, adoration and distinction.

You didn't mention a critical piece. The U.S. agreed not to invade Cuba.

The Russians put the missiles in after U.S. tried to invade Cuba in Bay of Pigs. The Russians were trying to protect Cuba from invasion just as NK wants to protect itself from invasion. The issue was completely settled by an agreement not to invade.

Thanks for making me remember that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom