• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NHL Teams Rangers, Blackhawks, Wild Refuse To Wear Gay Pride Jerseys

Should NHL plyrs who refuse to wear Pride jerseys be fined/disciplined?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
:ROFLMAO:
Sorry...I cant hear you...All I hear when you post is

Not sure what your poutrage is. I SAID I support your choice to be gay...its just that not everyone feels the need to pander to you in 'pride'. Thats your job.

Despite my best efforts you found a green one.

There there. There there.

The Fringe right dishonest messaging agenda:
  1. Erode U.S. citizen support for Ukraine
  2. Minimize the violence of J6.
  3. Demonize LGTBQ people.
  4. Demonize immigrants and minorities
  5. Push/claim Biden has dementia.
  6. Promote Trump as an innocent, good man.
  7. Avoid/derail firearms legislation
  8. Promote distrust in our voting system.
Declining to wear "Pride jerseys" is "demonizing" now?

1st amendment doesn't apply here. It's a private organization. If the owners tell the players to wear it, and they refuse, they can be reprimanded, including fines and/or benched.
And then the team will be sued by the player for unfair punishment and boycotted by fans.

This is why sports and politics don't mix very well.

Declining to wear "Pride jerseys" is "demonizing" now?
Yes Mr. Spin. The article was posted for the purpose of demonizing gays. It was posted to stir anger and prejudice. Do you believe it was posted for any other reason? If so, please say what.

Yes Mr. Spin. The article was posted for the purpose of demonizing gays. It was posted to stir anger and prejudice. Do you believe it was posted for any other reason? If so, please say what.
Well, this is a debate forum. My first assumption when someone posts something is that it is intended to spur debate.

Debate Politics.

Should NHL players who refuse to wear Gay Pride jerseys be fined or disciplined by the league?
Just to reiterate, for those who missed it...

The Blackhawks management made this decision to protect Russian players on their team, who could face fines (if not worse consequences) for anything the Russian government interprets as "LGBT propaganda."

Not all players are refusing to wear jerseys for this reason. Those who do not have a right to do so, but should be called out for their intolerance when that is the case.

The real free speech issue isn't that "the NHL is forcing players to say something against their will." It's that "Russia is using the force of the state to silence anything remotely pro-LGBT."

They need to shut up and play
They haven't said anything. That's the whole story. Individual players and whole teams have refused to wear the badge and nothing has been said.

Just to reiterate, for those who missed it...

The Blackhawks management made this decision to protect Russian players on their team, who could face fines (if not worse consequences) for anything the Russian government interprets as "LGBT propaganda."

Not all players are refusing to wear jerseys for this reason. Those who do not have a right to do so, but should be called out for their intolerance when that is the case.
It needs to be pointed out that some players who refuse to wear the Pride jerseys has nothing to do with protecting Russian teammates. (I think that's what you're saying here) Some players said they object to the jerseys because of conflicts with personal religious beliefs.
The real free speech issue isn't that "the NHL is forcing players to say something against their will." It's that "Russia is using the force of the state to silence anything remotely pro-LGBT."
Most voted No, but one person voted yes - NHL players who refuse to wear the Pride jersey should be fined/disciplined.

A few have argued that the players need to suck it up and wear whatever the franchise owner tells them to wear.

I actually agree with this argument. They have the moral right to refuse to wear the jersey, but at the same time the team owner has a right to fine/suspend/fire the player, too - IF the contract stipulates that.

They haven't said anything. That's the whole story. Individual players and whole teams have refused to wear the badge and nothing has been said.
Bench them. Take a stand

And I supported the kneelers but this is during the game

Bench them. Take a stand

And I supported the kneelers but this is during the game
Bench who? Do you know what this thread is about?
And this isn't during the game. You don't know what this is about, do you.

Bench who? Do you know what this thread is about?
And this isn't during the game. You don't know what this is about, do you.
Do they wear the jersey during the game?

Those who do not have a right to do so, but should be called out for their intolerance when that is the case.
It is not evidence of intolerance to decline to wear special clothes.

They wanna be pissy about it. Whatevs…

It's not about being pissy. A person can be quietly supportive of your rainbow colors without being forced to wear them.

Are we going to force plumbers, mail carriers, and trash collectors to wear colors just to make you feel good?

It's not about being pissy. A person can be quietly supportive of your rainbow colors without being forced to wear them.

Are we going to force plumbers, mail carriers, and trash collectors to wear colors just to make you feel good?
Yes. If they work for me

Pushing your politics on your workers...............................good luck with that! ;)
Shouldn't you be heating up a quarter and putting it on the deck? Lol

Then screw it. Don't warm-up. You're not on the clock
The story, Vegas, is that numerous players have refused to wear the jersey, including for religious reasons, and nothing has been said. Whole teams have refused to wear the jersey and nothing has been said.

You've been confused by the OP and the poll which were just intended to start an argument over a fictional, made-up scenario.

The story, Vegas, is that numerous players have refused to wear the jersey, including for religious reasons, and nothing has been said. Whole teams have refused to wear the jersey and nothing has been said.

You've been confused by the OP and the poll which were just intended to start an argument over a fictional, made-up scenario.
If it is before the game...respect their rights

During the game suit up in a chicken outfit if the owner tells you

If it is before the game...respect their rights

During the game suit up in a chicken outfit if the owner tells you
Another fictional, made-up scenario.
You say that like NHL quality players have no other options. You pull that shit, alienating players like that, and you'll end up putting a team on-ice made up of the weakest players in the league. You'll get high draft picks every year and lose your draft picks the next year.

Back
Top Bottom