• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Pick'Em Game 2016!

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs. ATLANTA FALCONS

I pick the Falcons. (What a surprise? :lol:)

Score will be 35-24 Falcons.

RISE UP

Super Bowl

New England Patriots vs Atlanta Falcons

New England has looked very good, but Atlanta has the momentum. I'm going with the Falcons.

Super Bowl

New England Patriots vs Atlanta Falcons

New England has looked very good, but Atlanta has the momentum. I'm going with the Falcons.

If you want to win the tiebreaker - you have to include what you think the total score will be.

I'm picking Atlanta since I can't stand New England!!

Atlanta 34 New England 31

Total points 65

Gawd I hope Atlanta wins !!!

Put me down for Atlanta too

Winner: Atlanta Falcons

Final Score: 38 - 34

Winner: New England Patriots

Finals score: 54-24

Total points: 78

MVP: the GOAT

Atlanta will expose the Cheatriots. They will drop a 40 burger on them.

43-27

Atlanta wins. The Brady Bunch will be relegated to watching old re-runs.

I think the score will be Atlanta 31, NE 27. Sorry to make two posts to include everything. Let's see. Got to do some cipherin. 105 total points. No, wait. 108. No, ah, 58? Wild guess. Took a sip of milk while I was carrying the numbers, and either added or dropped a few, or sumthin. I'll go with 58. I had to clean up a little milk spill, which took away from the total. Then again, I did finish the milk, which added to the total. Sooooo, 58 total points.

Now, back to my real work. I'm a climate scientist.

I think the score will be Atlanta 31, NE 27. Sorry to make two posts to include everything. Let's see. Got to do some cipherin. 105 total points. No, wait. 108. No, ah, 58? Wild guess. Took a sip of milk while I was carrying the numbers, and either added or dropped a few, or sumthin. I'll go with 58. I had to clean up a little milk spill, which took away from the total. Then again, I did finish the milk, which added to the total. Sooooo, 58 total points.

Now, back to my real work. I'm a climate scientist.

Good afternoon, humbolt. :2wave:

:thumbs: It's rather rare that a person finds his life's work tying in so closely with his method of problem solving. You are to be congratulated, Sir, you have done so and it only took one post! :lamo

I'm calling it:

Atlanta 30
New England 27

I think it will be close, but the Falcons will pull through.

My NFL 2016 pick for ..
.. SUPER BOWL LI:

Sunday February 5, 2017

Cleveland Browns vs. Dallas Cowboys - er - (sorry, wishful thinking) Go Cowboys!

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs. ATLANTA FALCONS .. 55 total points

This game’s impossible to pick. I have no idea what Belichick’s defensive brain trust will do to attempt to stop Atlanta. If they succeed, an easy win for NE; if they fail, it could even be a repeat of ATL v GB. NE is a bit more injured than ATL .. but NE’s been here before .. and won. As a Cowboys fan, I want the NFC rep. to win .. so go Atlanta!

Last edited:
Your D hasn't played anybody. Especially with the caliber of offense that we have.

That's what they said 2 weeks ago. " Patriots will never shut down big Ben, Brown and Bell".

Seriously though enjoy the day, soak in the festivities but don't worry about the result because you will be disappointed.

That's what they said 2 weeks ago. " Patriots will never shut down big Ben, Brown and Bell".

Seriously though enjoy the day, soak in the festivities but don't worry about the result because you will be disappointed.

And Bell got hurt, and the Steelers had no running game. Plus, the Steelers don't have nearly as good of an offense as we do. We're firing on all cylinders, and the Pats have faced 6 backup QB's this year. They're just not battle tested.

And I will. I'll really enjoy the parade in downtown Atlanta, too. :mrgreen:

And Bell got hurt, and the Steelers had no running game. Plus, the Steelers don't have nearly as good of an offense as we do. We're firing on all cylinders, and the Pats have faced 6 backup QB's this year. They're just not battle tested.

And I will. I'll really enjoy the parade in downtown Atlanta, too. :mrgreen:

Bell got shut down in the first quarter before his injury, they actually ran more when Williams came in.

Just the idea that Bill B's team isn't battle tested in laughable. But I guess we will see ;)

Bell got shut down in the first quarter before his injury, they actually ran more when Williams came in.

Just the idea that Bill B's team isn't battle tested in laughable. But I guess we will see ;)

I mean, if you do shut down our run game, which would surprise me. We'll just throw it to Jones, and Sanu, and Gabriel, and Coleman, Freeman, Hooper, etc. There is no weakness in our offense. and I would be surprised if we don't get 2-3 sacks on Brady.

I mean, if you do shut down our run game, which would surprise me. We'll just throw it to Jones, and Sanu, and Gabriel, and Coleman, Freeman, Hooper, etc. There is no weakness in our offense. and I would be surprised if we don't get 2-3 sacks on Brady.

I mean I would be very surprised, you have the 6th worst pass rush unit in the NFL.

WEEK 3 PLAYOFFS WINNERS AND STANDINGS:

Bucky - 1
Ontologuy - 0
PirateMk1 - 0
Tigerace117 - 0
Your Star - 0
PoS - 0
CanadaJohn -
humbolt - 0
penn1954 - 0
Top Cat - 0
AGENT J - 0
calamity - 0
coldjoint - 0
LaylaWindu - 0
rjay - 0

CONGRATULATIONS TO THIS WEEK'S WINNER: Bucky he was the ONLY ONE to pick the Patriots!!!

Thumbs-Ammo-22-Chuck-Norris.jpg

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 3:

calamity - 8
humbolt - 8
penn1954 - 8
Ontologuy - 8
Tigerace117 - 8
Your Star - 8
LaylaWindu - 7
Top Cat - 7

CanadaJohn - 6
coldjoint - 6
Crovax - 6
Middleground - 6
PoS - 6
Higgins86 - 5
PirateMk1 - 5
rjay - 5
Bucky - 4
Agent J - 3
Kobie - 3
RetiredUSN - 2
antiquity - 1

So we have a SIX way tie at the top. So we have to go the tiebreakers - which was total points for the Super Bowl (which in actuality was 62 total points).

calamity - 72
humbolt - 58
penn1954 - 65
Ontologuy - 55
Tigerace117 - 57
Your Star - 59

WOW!!! So Your Star and penn1954 each were 3 points away.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/sport...ame-2016-a-post1066796292.html#post1066796292

But, the rules stated that this tiebreaker goes to the person who put their picks in first. And since Your Star did by 10 hours and 45 minutes...

Your Star WINS the PLAYOFF CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

5999977-Smiley-balls-going-to-a-party-Stock-Vector-emoticon.jpg

But, Penn1954 won the regular season and finished second in the playoffs...WHAT A SEASON FOR HIM (this from the guy who last year could not even work the Copy and Paste properly - ;) )

:july_4th:

Big thanks to PoS for running this thread yet again and doing a great job. And to everyone for making it a lot of fun.

See you next season.

Voting against Tom Brady is silly.

All he does is win win win.

WEEK 3 PLAYOFFS WINNERS AND STANDINGS:

Bucky - 1
Ontologuy - 0
PirateMk1 - 0
Tigerace117 - 0
Your Star - 0
PoS - 0
CanadaJohn -
humbolt - 0
penn1954 - 0
Top Cat - 0
AGENT J - 0
calamity - 0
coldjoint - 0
LaylaWindu - 0
rjay - 0

CONGRATULATIONS TO THIS WEEK'S WINNER: Bucky he was the ONLY ONE to pick the Patriots!!!

Thumbs-Ammo-22-Chuck-Norris.jpg

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 3:

calamity - 8
humbolt - 8
penn1954 - 8
Ontologuy - 8
Tigerace117 - 8
Your Star - 8
LaylaWindu - 7
Top Cat - 7

CanadaJohn - 6
coldjoint - 6
Crovax - 6
Middleground - 6
PoS - 6
Higgins86 - 5
PirateMk1 - 5
rjay - 5
Bucky - 4
Agent J - 3
Kobie - 3
RetiredUSN - 2
antiquity - 1

So we have a SIX way tie at the top. So we have to go the tiebreakers - which was total points for the Super Bowl (which in actuality was 62 total points).

calamity - 72
humbolt - 58
penn1954 - 65
Ontologuy - 55
Tigerace117 - 57
Your Star - 59

WOW!!! So Your Star and penn1954 each were 3 points away.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/sport...ame-2016-a-post1066796292.html#post1066796292

But, the rules stated that this tiebreaker goes to the person who put their picks in first. And since Your Star did by 10 hours and 45 minutes...

Your Star WINS the PLAYOFF CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

5999977-Smiley-balls-going-to-a-party-Stock-Vector-emoticon.jpg

But, Penn1954 won the regular season and finished second in the playoffs...WHAT A SEASON FOR HIM (this from the guy who last year could not even work the Copy and Paste properly - ;) )

:july_4th:

Big thanks to PoS for running this thread yet again and doing a great job. And to everyone for making it a lot of fun.

See you next season.

This was fun---it sure beats gambling for, like, real money. :)

Back
Top Bottom