• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Pick'Em Game 2016!

I haven't played all year. I was 4 for 4 last week which I thought was a very easy week but I woulda got my butt kicked during the year. I did not do well LOL

Anyway I find this week VERY hard. Some mix of games that logic VS my heart/wants make my vision cloudy.

Saturday January 14

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons (though I want to pick the hawks cause I like them)
Houston Texans at New England Patriots

Sunday January 15
Pittsburgh Steelers at Kansas City Chiefs
Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys (Going with the boys, second favorite all time team)

Saturday January 14
Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons
Sunday January 15
Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys

Saturday January 14
Sunday January 15
Green Bay Packers at 5 Time World Champion Dallas Cowboys

My NFL 2016 picks for ..
.. Playoffs Week 2 games:

I have to confess that I am extremely uncertain in all of my picks but one.

Saturday January 14

Sunday January 15

Go Cowboys!

I’m going with Seattle’s experience and grit, though their OL could make even Atlanta’s defense look good, and the Falcons offense could wear down even the Seahawk’s defense.

I’m going with New England because, as Rodgers showed last week, an elite QB playing above average by his lofty standards can put considerable hurt on even a top defense, especially when the opposing offense is as anemic as Houston’s.

I can’t help but go with Pittsburgh and their offensive big three. But KC is hot, peaking at the right time, and Tyreek Hill is downright scary good.

Yes, I know that “Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaad man”, to quote Stephen A. Smith, and that he’s hot as can be and operating behind a great pass-blocking unit. But my heart is with the Cowboys, and so is my pick.

Sunday January 15

Playoffs Week 2

Saturday January 14

Sunday January 15

Green Bay Packers at 5 Time World Champion Dallas Cowboys
6 Time World Champion THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS
EvljZUr.gif
at Kansas City Chiefs

Haha I just did that above to tease another poster who did it with the cowboys

WEEK 2 PLAYOFFS WINNERS AND STANDINGS:

calamity - 4
CanadaJohn - 4
penn1954 - 4

Agent J - 3
coldjoint - 3
Crovax - 3
humbolt - 3
LaylaWindu - 3
Middleground - 3
Tigerace117 - 3
Top Cat - 3
Your Star - 3
Bucky - 2
Higgins86 - 2
Ontologuy - 2
PirateMk1 - 2
PoS - 2
RetiredUSN - 2
rjay - 2
antiquity - 1

CONGRATULATIONS TO THIS WEEK'S WINNERS: calamity, CanadaJohn and penn1954...all with perfect scores!!!

thumb-up-smiley.png

That is the second week in a row that calamity got a perfect score!!!

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 2:

calamity - 8
humbolt - 7
LaylaWindu - 7
penn1954 - 7
coldjoint - 6
Crovax - 6
Middleground - 6
Ontologuy - 6
Tigerace117 - 6
Top Cat - 6
Your Star - 6
CanadaJohn - 5
Higgins86 - 5
PoS - 5
rjay - 5
Agent J - 3
Bucky - 3
Kobie - 3
PirateMk1 - 3
RetiredUSN - 2
antiquity - 1

So calamity is out front with an absolutely PERFECT score!!!
clipart-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon-b4e9.png
:allhail

But humbolt, LaylaWindu and penn1954 (the regular season winner) are right on his tail.
And 15 players still have a chance at the big prize.

PLAYOFFS WEEK 3 GAMES:

Sunday January 22

Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons
Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots

BTW - there will be a tiebreaker as we can only have one winner. Suggestions for the tiebreaker? It must have something to do with the Super Bowl - like who gets closest to the over/under or something.

I am voting for whomever bribes the guy that runs this playoff season part of the thread the most. ;)

Last edited:
Atlanta Falcons 45
Green Bay Packers 38

The Falcons will win because the Packers do not have enough on defense. If the Packers play like they did against Dallas, they will lose. It will be close however the Falcons underrated running game will allow them to control the clock. The Falcons have the most complete offense in the NFL.

New England Patriots 49
Pittsburgh Steelers 27

This hasn't been a good matchup for the Steelers in the Bill Belichick/Tom Brady era. They have lost nine of their past 12 to the Patriots and have won in New England only once in the past 18 years. That one victory? It came in 2008, after Brady tore his ACL and Matt Cassel took over as the starting QB.

Tom Brady, nuff said.

Atlanta Falcons 45
Green Bay Packers 38

The Falcons will win because the Packers do not have enough on defense. If the Packers play like they did against Dallas, they will lose. It will be close however the Falcons underrated running game will allow them to control the clock. The Falcons have the most complete offense in the NFL.

New England Patriots 49
Pittsburgh Steelers 27

Tom Brady, nuff said.

Big Ben, Bell, and Brown might have something to say about it this time around.

Doing terrible as usual but it shall not deter me:

Sunday January 22

Congrats to Calamity, picking 8 out of 8 is pretty darn good no matter when you're doing it. Well done.

Picks next weekend:

Atlanta closes out the Georgia Dome in style - putting up 36 points against a stout Sea Chickens' defense tells me the Falcons offense is the real deal this year and will put Green Bay behind, and significantly, for the first time in a while.

Pittsburgh, the eventual Super Bowl winner, picking up their record 7th Championship, are heading into New England the healthiest and most dynamic they've ever been in the Roethlisberger/Brady era. And the Steelers' defense, as witnessed yesterday, is gelling at the right time. We're looking at two teams currently on 9 game winning streaks so no excuses for either side. Haven't seen the long term forecast and of course none of us, other than Bucky, knows exactly how Belichick and the Patriots will try to cheat at home, as they do regularly, but clearly the Steelers have the most pure talent of the two teams and I'm counting on pure talent prevailing.

Good luck and have fun to all those who still have teams in the running - it's a fun and exciting time.

Atlanta Falcons 45
Green Bay Packers 38

New England Patriots 49
Pittsburgh Steelers 27

Tom Brady, nuff said.

Why does Belichick always show up for games looking like an overweight, homeless bum?

My picks as follows

Atlanta

Pittsburgh

Congrats Calamity !!

My picks for....

PLAYOFFS WEEK 3 GAMES:

Sunday January 22

GB Fudge Packers versus the Atlanta Falcons

Pittsburg Sqeelers versus New England Cheatriots

Sunday January 22

These should both be good games, and the SB should be good as a result. Good teams all, regardless of who wins.

Green Bay Packers
Pittsburgh Steelers

I'd rather lose than pick the Pats :)

Sunday January 22

My NFL 2016 picks for ..
.. PLAYOFFS WEEK 3 GAMES:

Sunday January 22

As is befitting this time of year, it’s very difficult to pick with confidence.

Aaron Rodgers on a run-the-table mission is the last guy I want to pick against. But he’s a bit under the weather, and he has some additional receivers down too. I haven’t really believed in the Falcons, yet their offense remains very potent, even with Jones’ toe. Still, if Rodgers can perform up to his par, he’ll match the Falcon’s offense. Then it will be up to the defenses to decide. The Packers’ chances lie in their ball-control abilities. If they can control the ball longer, they could wear the Falcons’ defense down and stay in the game. But if they get into a run-and-gun with Atlanta (a bunch of either quick touchdowns or four-and-outs), the Falcons will out shoot ‘em. The Packers’ defense may have improved since the last time these two met in late October, but they have too many issues in the secondary now. The Falcons should win.

Here it’s hard to bet against the Steelers’ big three, but the Steelers have contracted a bug too, and they’re going to need more than field goals this time. Though the defenses are close to equal, if Houston’s D couldn’t hold Brady down for long, I don’t think the Steelers’ D will either. Tom T’s on a deflate-gate-my-ass mission .. and I just don’t see him being stung to death by a bunch of weary bees.

Go Cowboys! (Couldn’t help myself.)

This weeks dartboard picks.

Sunday January 22

Sunday January 22
6 Time World Champions THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS
EvljZUr.gif
at New England Patriots

Last edited:
WEEK 3 PLAYOFFS WINNERS AND STANDINGS:

Bucky -2
Ontologuy - 2
PirateMk1 - 2
Tigerace117 - 2
Your Star - 2

PoS - 1
CanadaJohn - 1
humbolt - 1
penn1954 - 1
Top Cat - 1
AGENT J - 0
calamity - 0
coldjoint - 0
LaylaWindu - 0
rjay - 0

CONGRATULATIONS TO THIS WEEK'S WINNERS: Bucky, Ontologuy, PirateMk1, Tigerace117 and Your Star...all with perfect scores!!!

big-thumbs-up-smiley.png

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 3:

calamity - 8
humbolt - 8
penn1954 - 8
Ontologuy - 8
Tigerace117 - 8
Your Star - 8
LaylaWindu - 7
Top Cat - 7

CanadaJohn - 6
coldjoint - 6
Crovax - 6
Middleground - 6
PoS - 6
Higgins86 - 5
PirateMk1 - 5
rjay - 5
Agent J - 3
Bucky - 3
Kobie - 3
RetiredUSN - 2
antiquity - 1

So calamity is still in first...but so is humbolt, penn1954, Ontologuy, Tigerace117 and Your Star...with LaylaWindu and Top Cat only one behind!!!A whopping 8 people can still win it all!

Even Spock is impressed with the close race.
article-2296269-18CD2A52000005DC-281_634x473.jpg

NOTE: All those in the above standings that are highlighted, when you make your Super Bowl pick, could you also please add the total points you think will be scored in Super Bowl LI? That will be used as tiebreaker No. 2. If two people either choose the same number OR are off by the same amount then the person who put their picks in first wins.
Tiebreaker No. 1 is if only one person on top of the standings after the Super Bowl actually picked the Super Bowl winner. And if tiebreaker No.2 is needed, only those who picked the Super Bowl winner will be eligible (unless no one involved picked the winner then all who are tied for the lead after the Super Bowl are eligible for tiebreaker No. 2).

If that is not clear, please submit your questions to me with an enclosed Pal Pal donation to my account for $5. ;)

SUPER BOWL LI:

Sunday February 5, 2017

Cleveland Browns vs. Dallas Cowboys - er - (sorry, wishful thinking)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs. ATLANTA FALCONS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom