• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Mexico Store Bans ‘Obama & Other Muslims’

That drawing of the noose hanging from the tree with the sign "Obamas swing set", is really disturbing and beyond obscene.

That drawing of the noose hanging from the tree with the sign "Obamas swing set", is really disturbing and beyond obscene.

true, that's an obvious reference to the sick legacy of lynching

Let's give this a little consideration.

Mayhill, NM, according to Wikipedia, has "a post office, a restaurant, and a gas station". - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhill,_New_Mexico

It's one small "unincorporated community" (not even big enough to be a town or a village) in Otero County. The whole of Otero County has less than 70k residents and half of them live in Alamagordo.

The Wiki page for Weed, NM (also in Otero County) shows a population of 63 and even an area code. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weed,_New_Mexico - That's like 10 times the information given on Mayhill.

Just ponder, if you will, how much effort someone must have gone to just to discover this convenience store in a back water nobody ever heard of and then how much additional effort they had put forth just to become outraged over the proprietor's signs.

I'm curious. What is it that prompts people to get outraged over this crap? If it wasn't for the internet would anyone even hear about this crap? Would they care? I mean, seriously, one of the reasons people live in tiny little towns out in the middle of nowhere is so that they can express their opinions without causing a stir. Yet, just because they can't find enough stuff to be pissed off about where they live, some idiot has to go out traveling the back roads just to find those opinions and expose them to everyone else. I'm not even going to blame lefties for this. We see people on the right scouring college course catalogues just so they can get all wigged out over the latest "100 reasons to hate white, cicgender males" class.

I'm tired of this ****. I just finished dealing with 8 years of absurd and ever increasing divisiveness. More than that, actually. It's really been since around 2003 that the lunatics started running the media asylum and it shows no signs of stopping. How difficult is it to take a second or two when you see this clickbait crap and think to yourself "I've got about a million things better to do with my time than spend one second getting pissed off over this crap"?

Dude, this is a huge deal. There might be at least 25 people in the next year that sees this sign. Someone might even read it. It deserves national attention. The horror!!!!!

They had to report on some asshole that they dug up in Mayhill, NM. If this is all they have to report on then life must be pretty good.

Last edited:
It's all in context. The fact that "care" is in extremely small print says it all, especially when you see that the poster right next to it says "2012 Don't re-nig". This asshole is a racist looney tune who would just love to see an assassination.. And if the residents there didn't support what he is posting, he would have been out of business by now.
This is from the article that spurred the article in HuffPo.

As it turns out, the store is up for sale for $359,000. McWilliams thinks it’s priced too high.

“I wish somebody would buy it,” said McWilliams. “I really do, because it would be a great asset for somebody to be there to run it. Because that's the only place you can go to get milk and bread.

http://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/...signs-causing-online-outrage-mayhill/4356926/

The guy needs therapy and a different hobby.

It actually sounds more like a case of promoting violence rather than making "threats" of violence.

Hi Maggie :2wave: I am in no way endorsing the actions of this store owner; but:

President Obama appears to have been quite adept at bringing out the absolute worst in so many Americans, including his own supporters as well as his detractors such as this fellow.

Far too many of President Obama's supporters project the belief that his Administration condones and justifies their violent racial protests involving vandalism, looting, assaults and even murder.

It seems that many of these so-called "protests" went uninterrupted by police departments that were ordered to stand down as violence and destruction exploded around them.

And Obama's detractors are reacting to 8 years of misguided concern for the rights of illegal aliens, refugees and terrorists while defending the good image of Islam; rather than the safety and welfare of American citizens.

The entirety of the Obama Presidency has been one big set back for race relations in America. I for one have certainly never seen it this bad in my 29 years of life.

Good post.

Question: Is it better to live in a country where stupid and offensive signage is permitted? Or one where it would get you arrested pdq? An example of the first would be the US and of the second Sweden.

For all your whining about Obama "killing women and children" nothing he's done has been in any way out of the ordinary when it comes to war fighting.

I could be wrong but I believe he is the first to target an American citizen and kill him without due process.

"A New Mexico convenience store owner appears to promote his business by making threats of political violence.

The Mayhill Convenience Store has had signs up for more than a year that include phrases like “Bullets Not Ballots” and “Kill Obama” with the word “care” written in smaller letters under it."

New Mexico Store Bans 'Obama & Other Muslims' | The Huffington Post

It saddens me to see an American behaving this way. At least he's honest. Article say's his phones turned off, I wonder if that's because he can't afford it or is tired of the abuse from people looking to shame him into changing. Personally, I say just don't shop there, forcing racists to be politically correct doesn't cure racism. It teaches them how to package their racism as something that seems benign. And I think we all know how that can come back to bite us...

Ive been through there before its a very remote area. Looking at the messages in his window its pretty obvious that he is one of those militia nut jobs. I dont consider people who hate America to be American.

"A New Mexico convenience store owner appears to promote his business by making threats of political violence.

The Mayhill Convenience Store has had signs up for more than a year that include phrases like “Bullets Not Ballots” and “Kill Obama” with the word “care” written in smaller letters under it."

New Mexico Store Bans 'Obama & Other Muslims' | The Huffington Post

It saddens me to see an American behaving this way. At least he's honest. Article say's his phones turned off, I wonder if that's because he can't afford it or is tired of the abuse from people looking to shame him into changing. Personally, I say just don't shop there, forcing racists to be politically correct doesn't cure racism. It teaches them how to package their racism as something that seems benign. And I think we all know how that can come back to bite us...

There have always been people that behaved like that. It just didn't make the news as much.

I could be wrong but I believe he is the first to target an American citizen and kill him without due process.

When somebody joins up with jihadis, I would think the fact that they were American becomes very secondary to the fact that they are helping murder innocent people.

That **** makes me so mad.

there were many reasons to oppose Obama and to argue he was a crappy president but that sort of reference to Klan violence is way beyond the bounds of decency. In fact its so stupid that the person doing it is actually insulting himself in the eyes of anyone who as an IQ above cretin

there were many reasons to oppose Obama and to argue he was a crappy president but that sort of reference to Klan violence is way beyond the bounds of decency. In fact its so stupid that the person doing it is actually insulting himself in the eyes of anyone who as an IQ above cretin

Yep. Unfortunately for us, some people are still stuck in the 1930's.

Let's give this a little consideration.

Mayhill, NM, according to Wikipedia, has "a post office, a restaurant, and a gas station". - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhill,_New_Mexico

It's one small "unincorporated community" (not even big enough to be a town or a village) in Otero County. The whole of Otero County has less than 70k residents and half of them live in Alamagordo.

The Wiki page for Weed, NM (also in Otero County) shows a population of 63 and even an area code. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weed,_New_Mexico - That's like 10 times the information given on Mayhill.

Just ponder, if you will, how much effort someone must have gone to just to discover this convenience store in a back water nobody ever heard of and then how much additional effort they had put forth just to become outraged over the proprietor's signs.

I'm curious. What is it that prompts people to get outraged over this crap? If it wasn't for the internet would anyone even hear about this crap? Would they care? I mean, seriously, one of the reasons people live in tiny little towns out in the middle of nowhere is so that they can express their opinions without causing a stir. Yet, just because they can't find enough stuff to be pissed off about where they live, some idiot has to go out traveling the back roads just to find those opinions and expose them to everyone else. I'm not even going to blame lefties for this. We see people on the right scouring college course catalogues just so they can get all wigged out over the latest "100 reasons to hate white, cicgender males" class.

I'm tired of this ****. I just finished dealing with 8 years of absurd and ever increasing divisiveness. More than that, actually. It's really been since around 2003 that the lunatics started running the media asylum and it shows no signs of stopping. How difficult is it to take a second or two when you see this clickbait crap and think to yourself "I've got about a million things better to do with my time than spend one second getting pissed off over this crap"?

Social media and constant internet access has really exacerbated the problem. Somebody passing through probably saw the sign, snapped a pic with their smartphone, uploaded it, and the outrage ensued.

The news media now covers anonymous tweets as well. The world is full of idiots. If those idiots don't hold an office or have any power whatsoever then why the hell do we need to know what their stupid thoughts are?

Back
Top Bottom