• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Law in CA: Can't discriminate against Natural hair

Well, since leftist don't actually consider them people, they are subject to the whims of government and hence they don't have rights guaranteed by the constitution.

That would be . . . incorrect.

Do leftists believe private businesses should have any rights at all?

How is not being able to fire a person for having an afro a violation of the business rights?

You act as if mass killings and "public order problems' are something new and something "worse" than ever in human history. Those mass shootings here in the USA pales in comparison to other acts of terrorism and the mass killings in other countries, especially the Middle East.

Which is relevant how?

It is only slavery if you aren't paid for your efforts but that has never been suggested. Being required to only the ethic of reciprocity isn't slavery.

You are a bigot who still supports whites-only businesses and you are trying to hide your bigotry behind being a supposed libertarian. Where in the Bible did Jesus teach this, since you claim to be a Christian? I'm not aware that the Catholic church is welcome to only white people.

No, I do not support white only businesses.

You are someone who has a severe problem (as all leftists do) accepting nuance and moral principles in arguments. “Supporting a whites only business” is not the same thing as opposing undo state intrusion into business affairs.

The Catholic Church is not a whites only institution. It is in fact one of the most, if not the most, diverse group of people in the world, and it’s a beautiful thing that our Lord established an institution based on the sacred nature of human life and established a new covenant for the salvation of all people, however I’m guessing you oppose the Church politically and so your arguments here hold no weight.

Yes, and? You are still not wanting to understand the problem. Maybe you should go find yourself a couple of African American women and ask them.

Look at tne post I was responding to. He was commenting about military grooming standards for women; I just pointed out men in the military also have grooming standards.

How is not being able to fire a person for having an afro a violation of the business rights?

It's about social control and being able to control someone because of their need for a job to survive. They are desperate to hide their racism behind the First Amendment.

It’s not just a matter of an Afro, it’s the matter of principle. It’s like many bars allowed smoking then the government came in and mandated no business owner could allow it. Or businesses don’t wish to cater homosexual weddings and now predatory homosexuals are running around forcing businesses to serve them. And a delusional man who’s a child predator who thinks he’s a woman is getting businesses shut down because real women don’t want to touch that thing’s scrotum. At some point maybe one or two businesses mandating hair be worn professionally isn’t the greatest of evils

Why should your boss get to decide how you dress, as long as you are clean and do your job? Is authoritarianism what makes American great for you? Do you have a problem with people who are different from you?

It is not authoritarian to mandate a dress code at a private employer. You’re free to seek another job.

It is not authoritarian to mandate a dress code at a private employer. You’re free to seek another job.

Does this particular employer have a hair code other than it be kept clean and neat?

Does this particular employer have a hair code other than it be kept clean and neat?

On principle I don’t think it matters. The only thing that should matter is what the employer thinks. The market will take care of unreasonable people in the end.

On principle I don’t think it matters. The only thing that should matter is what the employer thinks. The market will take care of unreasonable people in the end.

What is unreasonable about dreadlocks?

What is unreasonable about dreadlocks?

It doesn’t matter.

I will not agree that this type of personal relationship needs to be mandated by law under any circumstances

No, I do not support white only businesses.

You are someone who has a severe problem (as all leftists do) accepting nuance and moral principles in arguments. “Supporting a whites-only business” is not the same thing as opposing undo state intrusion into business affairs.
The US Constitution gives the government the power to regulate businesses in the Commerce Clause.

What moral argument is there to deny treating others as equals because of their race, creed color, gender age or sexual orientation/gender? Are you customers demanding that you like them when you exchange money for your work product? The customers don't care about your religious views in business because what the owner or the employees belive is irreverent to the transaction, so why are you trying to bring it is when it doesn't belong and isn't necessary? The problem is that bigots lost in the courts in civil rights for blacks/Interacial people and LGBT so they are trying to use the business to enforce their bigotry that the courts will not.
The Catholic Church is not a whites-only institution. It is, in fact, one of the most, if not the most, diverse group of people in the world, and it’s a beautiful thing that our Lord established an institution based on the sacred nature of human life and established a new covenant for the salvation of all people, however I’m guessing you oppose the Church politically and so your arguments here hold no weight.
I opposed the church shielding pedophiles while criticizing others and that is what lead to me leaving it, despite the fact ban I never believed because it is illogical. How can you support bigotry, under the guise of being a libertarian who opposes government regulating businesses, and the claim to be Christian? If you treated others as equals then the government would not need to step in and force you to do so, but that isn't the case so regulation is necessary for an interdependent and interconnected society.

It doesn’t matter.

I will not agree that this type of personal relationship needs to be mandated by law under any circumstances

So you are for allowing employers to discriminate?

Do leftists believe private businesses should have any rights at all?

As opposed to consumers having no rights at all?

This isn't a "leftist" thing. It's a liberal thing. The tension that you feel is the conflict between Liberals pointing out imperfection and constantly wanting to tweak out some perfection in society (no matter how obnoxious) versus the Conservative's need to cling to tradition (no matter how antiquated).

Do you think that customers care about employees wears dreadlocks as long as they get good service? I wouldn't care if the employees had 2 heads, 3 eyes, was both bisexual and transgendered and had skin with a tartan plaid as long as I received good service. I like people sho show some personality instead of being mindless drones. Its shows creativity.

Does anyone else think this might just be taking state power a tad too far? While I understand the progressive/lberal mindset is that the state can do no longer and is the perfect arbitrator of every issue, this seems a bit much.

Do you think that customers care about employees wears dreadlocks as long as they get good service? I wouldn't care if the employees had 2 heads, 3 eyes, was both bisexual and transgendered and had skin with a tartan plaid as long as I received good service. I like people sho show some personality instead of being mindless drones. Its shows creativity.

Ok, then you can seek out the one business in America that has three headed bisexual tartans and give them your business, what’s your point? That you have a state enforced right to choose who other people hire?

It’s not just a matter of an Afro, it’s the matter of principle. It’s like many bars allowed smoking then the government came in and mandated no business owner could allow it. Or businesses don’t wish to cater homosexual weddings and now predatory homosexuals are running around forcing businesses to serve them. And a delusional man who’s a child predator who thinks he’s a woman is getting businesses shut down because real women don’t want to touch that thing’s scrotum. At some point maybe one or two businesses mandating hair be worn professionally isn’t the greatest of evils

How does an afro or how do dreadlocks impede ones ability to be professional and what is unprofessional about having long hair, or a beard, or an afro or died hair color?

It's about social control and being able to control someone because of their need for a job to survive. They are desperate to hide their racism behind the First Amendment.
That was the set-up to my question...

Ok, then you can seek out the one business in America that has three headed bisexual tartans and give them your business, what’s your point? That you have a state enforced right to choose who other people hire?

So back to 50's when people are allowed to discriminate?

That is the core concept of personal freedom. We have the right to do as we please and not ask permission from the state until there is a compelling legal reason for us to not act as we choose. Why should there be a list of approved hairstyles? It is a problem for you that someone expresses themselves differently than you do or that you agree with? You should like the authoritarian North Korean pipsqueak who puts out of a list of proper hairstyles.

LMAO, pardon me, I'm laughing because you clearly don't recognize Hatuey's politics. He hates Trump almost as much as you do...you realize that right?

How does an afro or how do dreadlocks impede ones ability to be professional and what is unprofessional about having long hair, or a beard, or an afro or died hair color?

It simply doesn’t matter. If that’s your argument you can say “why does choosing to dress in fishnet leggings and daisy dukes and a bra mean you can’t be professional?

Back
Top Bottom