• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Law in CA: Can't discriminate against Natural hair

Not sure if you want examples in the world or just in the USA but I'll use examples in the USA.

I googled and picked one example.
San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia

One link...not sure if that classifies as plenty, there were 32 since 2017......but you proclaim that the 1950's weren't more peacable....that's just...an interesting take on it.

One link...not sure if that classifies as plenty, there were 32 since 2017......but you proclaim that the 1950's weren't more peacable....that's just...an interesting take on it.

What's interesting is that you're equalizing localized threats or realized threats of mass shootings to the GLOBAL threats of thermonuclear wars. And two of them were two realized and localized threats that killed millions.

What's interesting is that you're equalizing localized threats or realized threats of mass shootings to the GLOBAL threats of thermonuclear wars. And two of them were two realized and localized threats that killed millions.

LOL you really don't grasp what it is that you are arguing do you? The one guy said, he wanted to go back to the 50's, were things were presumably, more peaceful correct? You said, sarcastically, yea, whats more peaceful than nuclear war and the cuban missile crisis, then, I stepped in and said you are out of your mind, of course the 1950's were more peacable, they didn't have the mass shootings of these days, we have the threat of nuclear war, PLUS mass shootings, PLUS terrorists etc.

Now yes, there were mass shootings before, and terrorists before....no one is saying there wasn't....but they were NEVER at the level they are today.

Apparently you don't grasp that....or you thinksomehow that they WERE at that level before?

LOL you really don't grasp what it is that you are arguing do you? The one guy said, he wanted to go back to the 50's, were things were presumably, more peaceful correct? You said, sarcastically, yea, whats more peaceful than nuclear war and the cuban missile crisis, then, I stepped in and said you are out of your mind, of course the 1950's were more peacable, they didn't have the mass shootings of these days, we have the threat of nuclear war, PLUS mass shootings, PLUS terrorists etc.

Now yes, there were mass shootings before, and terrorists before....no one is saying there wasn't....but they were NEVER at the level they are today.

Apparently you don't grasp that....or you thinksomehow that they WERE at that level before?

So you think it's worse today? In fact I'm shopping at Walmart and I'm enjoying it. Oh BTW I don't hear much about drills at public schools in case of shootings. But we certainly heard a lot about kids ducking under desks during early Cold War. But if you want to think its worst today, then I can't stop you.

So you think it's worse today? In fact I'm shopping at Walmart and I'm enjoying it. Oh BTW I don't hear much about drills at public schools in case of shootings. But we certainly heard a lot about kids ducking under desks during early Cold War. But if you want to think its worst today, then I can't stop you.

32 mass shootings in 3 years, you don't think that's worse?

I think society as a whole, the respect for life is at an all time low,respect for self, respect for each other, common sense in general, is at an all time low, and isn't making any strides for the better.

Men also come under grooming standards in the military

Yes, and? You are still not wanting to understand the problem. Maybe you should go find yourself a couple of African American women and ask them.

32 mass shootings in 3 years, you don't think that's worse?

I think society as a whole, the respect for life is at an all time low,respect for self, respect for each other, common sense in general, is at an all time low, and isn't making any strides for the better.

I agree that the respect for life is lower. Look at our country's attitude towards other countries. If children d8e over there as a result of our policies, oh well.

A business is not a person so no they have no rights for a business they voluntarility choose to open. They are required to treat all people equally regardless of their race, creed, color sex, age disability, etc because of the Public Accommodation protections of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. What the business owner does on their own time is procted by their constitutional rights to be as big of a bigot as they want to be. This is settled law. Newman v. Piggie Park.

Jesus also told you to do this, but maybe those pages were torn from your bible. Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12.

No one is denying bad law exists.

I’m not getting into a scriptural debate with someone who doesn’t accept it as the word of God.

Yeah, before the 50s

And also there was never going to be a global thermonuclear war, states are rational actors, some nutbar going off the reservation with an AR-15 is not a rational actor.

I’ll tell you what, I’ll recant saying there were good things about the 50s if you can show me more school kids died in nuclear attacks on the US then school shootings in the 2010s

Does the hair of African American women grow into dreadlocks? If not, then it's not their natural hair.
That is wondertfully stupid. Is dyed blond hair natural? If not, then it's not natural hair and people who dye their hair blond shouldnt complain about discrimination.

Sent from the Matrioshka in the WH Christmas tree.

No one is denying bad law exists.

I’m not getting into a scriptural debate with someone who doesn’t accept it as the word of God.

What bad law are you referring to? Are you actually suggesting that you oppose the protection of the 1964 Civil Rights Act? Your religious beliefs are not a valid defense to discriminate against your customers in public business.

Jesus was very clear in telling you not to discriminate in both Luke and Matthew. Is obeying your Savior who you claim to be the word of your god also an example of denial of your religious freedom?

Last edited:
That is wondertfully stupid. Is dyed blond hair natural? If not, then it's not natural hair and people who dye their hair blond shouldnt complain about discrimination.

Why is it a problem for your how they style their hair? Is there a list of approved hairstyles for Americans that I am not aware of?

Are you aware of First Amdnement proections, or do they only apply to white conservtives in Trumpistan?
Other challenges in federal courts argued that hair regulations infringe upon the First Amendment right to free exercise of religion. Courts have ruled that correctional officers may be subject to hair grooming policies if the state justifies its regulations with compelling interests such as safety, discipline, and esprit de corps and if the regulations do not substantially infringe upon an employee’s religious beliefs. Prisoners have also challenged hair grooming policies as impediments to the free exercise of religion. Prison officials, however, have claimed that hair grooming policies are necessary for hygiene, for identification of prisoners, and for prison security, in that some hairstyles might conceal weapons and contraband.

Generally the courts have held that if a grooming regulation is related to a legitimate interest, such as prison security, and does not deprive inmates of all ways of expressing their religious beliefs, the regulation is valid. However, prison officials are held to a higher standard when the inmate challenges a prison’s grooming policy under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 or the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000, as did Muslim inmate Gregory Hobbs who wanted to grow a ½-inch beard for religious reasons (Holt v. Hobbs, 2015). The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, in Warsoldier v. Woodford (9th Cir. 2005), issued a preliminary injunction shielding a Native American, whose religious beliefs prohibited him from cutting his hair except for the death of a close relative, against a prison regulation prohibiting hair of more than 3 inches in length.

Why is it a problem for your how they style their hair? Is there a list of approved hairstyles for Americans that I am not aware of?

That's the point. There is no list of approved hairstyles. There is only the baseless claim that hairstyles and professionalism go hand in hand.

What bad law are you referring to? Your religious beliefs are not a valid defense to discriminate against your customers in public business.

Jesus was very clear in telling you not to discriminate in both Luke and Matthew. Is obeying your Savior who you claim to be the word of your god also an example of denial of your religious freedom?

It should be.

It is not a good thing for the government to mandate people do business with each other who do not wish to do so. That is called slavery. It is immoral. And on a practical level it’s not even good policy because in a market situation discrimination functionally does not exist, in fact as Thomas Sowell showed with his research private party discrimination against blacks by for profit businesses in the south did not really even exist. Blacks made up the majority of construction workers in the south (and only in the south, because liberal unions kept them out everywhere else)

And there’s other principles at stake too, why should a business run by individuals who have put their own money out have to have business decisions dictated by people who have no stake at all in the business?

Are you aware of First Amdnement proections, or do they only apply to white conservtives in Trumpistan?

The first amendment was never intended to apply against private businesses and thus is an irrelevant talking point

Yeah, before the 50s

And also there was never going to be a global thermonuclear war, states are rational actors, some nutbar going off the reservation with an AR-15 is not a rational actor.

I’ll tell you what, I’ll recant saying there were good things about the 50s if you can show me more school kids died in nuclear attacks on the US then school shootings in the 2010s

Yeah it's pretty lucky that Stanislav Petrov saved the world or else we wouldn't be here, eh?

Yeah it's pretty lucky that Stanislav Petrov saved the world or else we wouldn't be here, eh?

Ok, so the world was saved and no one died.

So in fact nuclear war was a far away remote threat versus very common shootings and public order problems today which are real problems and not fictitious ones like “nuclear war”

Ok, so the world was saved and no one died.

So in fact nuclear war was a far away remote threat versus very common shootings and public order problems today which are real problems and not fictitious ones like “nuclear war”

You act as if mass killings and "public order problems' are something new and something "worse" than ever in human history. Those mass shootings here in the USA pales in comparison to other acts of terrorism and the mass killings in other countries, especially the Middle East.

That's the point. There is no list of approved hairstyles. There is only the baseless claim that hairstyles and professionalism go hand in hand.

That is the core concept of personal freedom. We have the right to do as we please and not ask permission from the state until there is a compelling legal reason for us to not act as we choose. Why should there be a list of approved hairstyles? It is a problem for you that someone expresses themselves differently than you do or that you agree with? You should like the authoritarian North Korean pipsqueak who puts out of a list of proper hairstyles.

The first amendment was never intended to apply against private businesses and thus is an irrelevant talking point

Why should your boss get to decide how you dress, as long as you are clean and do your job? Is authoritarianism what makes American great for you? Do you have a problem with people who are different from you?

That is the core concept of personal freedom. We have the right to do as we please and not ask permission from the state until there is a compelling legal reason for us to not act as we choose. Why should there be a list of approved hairstyles? It is a problem for you that someone expresses themselves differently than you do or that you agree with? You should like the authoritarian North Korean pipsqueak who puts out of a list of proper hairstyles.

I don't think you understand sarcasm or admissions of it. Good grief, the quality of this forum is degrading. It's like talking to cardboard cutouts with prerecorded voice boxes.

Does the hair of African American women grow into dreadlocks? If not, then it's not their natural hair.

If it is growing out of their head then it is their natural hair...

It should be.

It is not a good thing for the government to mandate people do business with each other who do not wish to do so. That is called slavery. It is immoral. And on a practical level it’s not even good policy because in a market situation discrimination functionally does not exist, in fact as Thomas Sowell showed with his research private party discrimination against blacks by for-profit businesses in the south did not really even exist. Blacks made up the majority of construction workers in the south (and only in the south, because liberal unions kept them out everywhere else)

And there are other principles at stake too, why should a business run by individuals who have put their own money out have to have business decisions dictated by people who have no stake at all in the business?
It is only slavery if you aren't paid for your efforts but that has never been suggested. Being required to only the ethic of reciprocity isn't slavery.

You are a bigot who still supports whites-only businesses and you are trying to hide your bigotry behind being a supposed libertarian. Where in the Bible did Jesus teach this, since you claim to be a Christian? I'm not aware that the Catholic church is welcome to only white people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom