• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Jersey solves educational challenges!

This makes perfect sense. If teachers can't meet basic skills standards then it's the exam, not the aspiring teacher that is the problem.
1. This is 2023 America.

2. Not 1950 America.

3. Intelligent and conscientious young people are no longer interested in public school teaching because (a) there are now so many well-paying and interesting professions that are available and (b) teaching in many schools nowadays is mostly a baby-sitting situation and in certain areas a very dangerous profession in which being assaulted is always possible.

4. So the powers-that-be have to fill the teaching positions with whomever they can find, whether or not they can pass a test.

They do.

Her students reported her for a lesson on race. Can she trust them again?​

I exempted Florida in my statement, maybe should have included the other Bible Belt states. ;)

Profit motive means that, as an employer, you utilize the skills of the better employee to GENERATE more profit. Employees that suck are an expense, not an asset.

With the profit motive, you pay as little as possible and hire as few as possible.

So many industries, especially ones with few choices, like airlines, pharmacies and dollar stores have very high profits and very low customer satisfaction.

Back in the day there was a damned good probability that your PRIVATE SECTOR union hire would be more competent than a non-union hire. That's no longer the case.
I'm sure you have an objective way of showing this rather than just conjecture

With the profit motive, you pay as little as possible and hire as few as possible.

So many industries, especially ones with few choices, like airlines, pharmacies and dollar stores have very high profits and very low customer satisfaction.
You're telling me companies would rather run a skeleton crew and maximize profit, health of the workers be damned? I'm shocked at such an insinuation

https://13wham.com/news/nation-worl...oficiency-phil-murphy-crisis-in-the-classroom

This makes perfect sense. If teachers can't meet basic skills standards then it's the exam, not the aspiring teacher that is the problem. One of the biggest problems we have in America is that all kinds of organizations have "expectations" and "standards" instead of respecting such things as a compelling life story or the fact that a given candidate might come from an oppressed demographic. If we get rid of the "standards" then we can make sure that nobody feels left out or otherwise marginalized.
Your academic prowess has zilch to do your teaching ability...................................case closed....

Back
Top Bottom