• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name Your Best DEM Tandem to Beat Trump in 2020

Sanders/Gabbard crushes theocratic Trump/Pence with sheer substance. Economy is important but 2020 will be all about healthcare. All of us are sick of the current and prior systems.

I was commenting on her campaign approach only not ber policy positions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You cant have one without the other. She won’t be up against the usual Mr. Nice Guy republican who is content to lose with honor and never challenge her ideas in detail. “Reduce the power of Wall Street” = what exactly are you advocating, Ms. Warren? (Insert crickets here)

Politicians are used to going left, they lying themselves back to the center, winning, then going left again. Until Trump, they were unchallenged since the democrat elites and the republican elites fed at the same trough. That has changed. The top of the ticket is going to have to justify why pie in the sky ideas are practical and implementable when common sense tells you it’s bull****.

Dem’s should be grooming one of the Squad for 2024.

Warren has some good ideas, but they are too tax heavy and don’t cover their costs with productivity. This is where the animus between the parties causes the most problems. I

Warren is uniquely positioned to take on the issue, she's an expert in finance. She has released more detailed plans about how she’d go about it. She’s spent much of her career researching personal bankruptcies and the factors influencing American families’ day to day finances.

Many of her policy proposals address large, structural changes such as breaking up the tech companies, instituting Medicare for All and cancelling student loan debt, among others. Of course big companies like Exxon, Microsoft and Johnson & Johnson will not support Elizabeth Warren for obvious reasons.

Personally, I'm not in favor of 'Medicare-for-all'. I would support Medicare for those who choose it and private insurance for people who prefer better coverage even if it costs them more money each month. I don't think a government health plan should be anyone's only option. Many Americans are relatively happy with their current health coverage and that makes presidential candidates who aren’t as committed to Medicare-for-all nervous about saying they want to take it away.

Looking forward to the 2020 election, I think the time is right for a woman to be elected President of the U.S. So I would go with any one of the women, even if they had to take a second-best seat as a V.P. running mate to Joe Biden, Buttigieg, or Bernie.

Oh, I see. You don't like the shoe on the other foot. It isn't whataboutism, Its called hypocrisy. You condemn a president for foul language but don't want to discuss Clinton's actual affair in the oval office and his gross behavior.

We get it.

I know, I know, following your gospel of personal responsibility without going into whataboutism is not your strong suit. :) It's what you guys' brand has become. ;)

Warren is uniquely positioned to take on the issue, she's an expert in finance. She has released more detailed plans about how she’d go about it. She’s spent much of her career researching personal bankruptcies and the factors influencing American families’ day to day finances.

Many of her policy proposals address large, structural changes such as breaking up the tech companies, instituting Medicare for All and cancelling student loan debt, among others. Of course big companies like Exxon, Microsoft and Johnson & Johnson will not support Elizabeth Warren for obvious reasons.

Personally, I'm not in favor of 'Medicare-for-all'. I would support Medicare for those who choose it and private insurance for people who prefer better coverage even if it costs them more money each month. I don't think a government health plan should be anyone's only option. Many Americans are relatively happy with their current health coverage and that makes presidential candidates who aren’t as committed to Medicare-for-all nervous about saying they want to take it away.

Looking forward to the 2020 election, I think the time is right for a woman to be elected President of the U.S. So I would go with any one of the women, even if they had to take a second-best seat as a V.P. running mate to Joe Biden, Buttigieg, or Bernie.

The only "progressive" whom it makes sense to nominate is Warren. Sanders is too pie-in-the-sky, and besides, he missed his chance in 2016.

She has one plan with “details”: A 2% annual wealth tax for those with assets over $50 million. Why has no one thought about that before? I’ve yet to see the House advance such a bill to into House finance to look at the basics of such a bill.

Why? Their elites have told them to stick with impeachment because it keeps them occupied and out of trouble.

Secret memo to Warren: if you are serious you will keep this a secret until you win.

The only "progressive" whom it makes sense to nominate is Warren. Sanders is too pie-in-the-sky, and besides, he missed his chance in 2016.

And I'm sorry, but I have to play the age card and it's not because Sanders would be 82 by the end of his four-year term and Joe Biden will be 81, it's because I can relate to their age because I'm an older American and realize that my brain isn't quite as sharp or quick as four years ago. So it's not age-discrimination at all, it's just reality. I have noticed a change in Joe Biden today than how he was 4 years ago. He has to search a little more for words and he's just not as 'sharp-minded' as he used to be. Bernie still seems sharp and quick-minded, but I'm just not in total agreement with his ideas although I supported him over Hillary.

She has one plan with “details”: A 2% annual wealth tax for those with assets over $50 million. Why has no one thought about that before? I’ve yet to see the House advance such a bill to into House finance to look at the basics of such a bill.

Why? Their elites have told them to stick with impeachment because it keeps them occupied and out of trouble.

Secret memo to Warren: if you are serious you will keep this a secret until you win.

The super-rich billionaires are supporting Trump because they know damned well that any democrat is going to take away the windfall tax relief that Trump gave them. 'A person can never be too rich or too thin'. At least Trump got half that right.

At this stage I'm basing my criteria on the ticket that can draw in the independents:

Biden with Warren or Harris.

I think you are probably spot on here.

I'd prefer Hickenlooper on top of the ticket though. Or Bullock. And I'd prefer them in second over Warren.

None of the declared candidates have a shot to beat Trump. To win it will take a second coming of an unvetted messiah that will enter the race after one of the declared candidates gets the nomination next summer and drops out / steps aside for Michelle O with maybe some one like Tammy Duckworth as VP. Media would be orgasmic and would do it's level best to deliver.

Albeit a doomsday scenario.........

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Great point and no one seems to bring that up. He's great at proposing lofty goals, but if asked about any details on how he intends to achieve them, he doesn't seem to have a clue. And besides, "he missed his chance in 2016", Warren is the new Sanders in 20'...

Great point and no one seems to bring that up. He's great at proposing lofty goals, but if asked about any details on how he intends to achieve them, he doesn't seem to have a clue. And besides, "he missed his chance in 2016", Warren is the new Sanders in 20'...

Warren feels like what would happen if Sanders actually took the time to explain how he would achieve his goals. "I've got a plan for that!"

Warren feels like what would happen if Sanders actually took the time to explain how he would achieve his goals. "I've got a plan for that!"

On the news today a reporter, editor or some political pundit was talking about the best way to run against our know-it-all president (who doesn't know jack s___). He believes that a campaign focusing on detailed proposed policy plans on complex issues, economy, healthcare, etc., is a sure way to lose to someone who's running on an extremely visceral campaign based on hate and fear.

He suggests that instead of ignoring Don's racism, xenophobia, lies, etc., Democrats should run head-on against them, making his immorality the central theme of their campaign. Making it a good verses evil, darkness verses the light campaign. Democrats need to appeal to American's sense of fairness and morality, just as Don appeals to the cult's hate, fear and racism.

If the Democratic nominee can't dish it out as well as Numnuts and instead turns the other cheek and takes the 'high road', we lose. I'm starting to believe he's right...

Back
Top Bottom