• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name the ****iest countries in the world

How in hell would YOU know where anyone on this board lives or has visited?

How do you expect anyone to believe anything you say when you so studiously avoid the issues?

That is not what I said. And you have illustrated, don't you think, by avoiding the central issue just how dishonest you are.

Do everyone a favor and stay in CT.

I like to read your CT's.

Nobody does them better [CTs], makes me feel sad for the rest. Nobody does it quite the way you do, why'd you have to be so good!

[thanks Carly Simon]

Last edited:
Perhaps the crappiest country in the world is the one that has caused so many countries to be crappy because of US right wing dictatorships, US raping and pillaging said countries.

Well, you just keep thinking that....A remark worthy only of a horselaugh or sardonic snicker is not worth any quantity syllogisms.

Well, you just keep thinking that....A remark worthy only of a horselaugh or sardonic snicker is not worth any quantity syllogisms.

Horse-laugh this: It would help if you could see beyond the three-mile limit around DC ...

They were an ecological disaster before Putin started effing around with the eastern Ukraine ...

Worse now. The DNR recently flooded an old uranium mine.

Abductively, I suspect at the moment it'd be Syria, but my assertion to that effect is heavily influenced by the current state of affairs there. In a more universal sense, I don't know what is the crappiest country in the world, but I'm sure I've not yet visited it. Here're the places I've visited, mostly to visit with school friends and/or professional colleagues, and sometimes for vacations.
  • UK (Eng., Ire., Wales, & Scot.) -- Lived in central London for a year, checked out a lot of other cities on weekends
  • Indonesia -- Bali, Jakarta
  • Turkey -- Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Troy and and a couple other places in the hinterland
  • France -- Paris, Nice, Lille, Bordeaux, Avignon, Lyon, Arles, Marseille, Nantes
  • Switzerland -- Winterthur, Zurich, Geneva (and surrounding area), St. Moritz, Bern, La Chaux-de-Fonds
  • Monaco
  • Luxembourg
  • Spain -- Madrid, Barcelona, Cordoba, Ibiza
  • Italy -- Rome, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre.
  • St. Barts
  • St. Kitts
  • Anguilla
  • St. Maarten
  • Mexico
  • Honduras
  • Costa Rica
  • Belize
  • Greece
  • Germany -- Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart
  • Austria
  • Argentina -- Buenos, San Martín de los Andes (Patagonia), Bariloche
  • Uruguay
  • China (Lived in Shenzhen-Hong Kong for a year, visited other place...Hong Kong, Kashgar (surrounding area), Lanzhou exurbs, along with the "usual" assortment of major cities...Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shaoyang, etc.)
  • Singapore
  • Thailand
  • Taiwan
  • Japan -- Lived in Tokyo for six months visited Osaka
  • India -- Bombay, Delhi, Hyderabad, half a dozen towns that I don't recall their names (I can better say where they are than what they're called. LOL)
  • Egypt
  • The UAE -- Dubai
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Ethiopia
  • Kenya -- Nairobi, Chyulu Hills, Lewa (Isiolo), Masai Mara, Solio (Nyeri)
  • Benin -- Porto Novo and a safari/culture tour
  • Tanzania -- Ngorongoro Crater
  • South Africa -- Cape Town, Jo-burg, Kruger safari, Mbabane
  • Holland -- A-dam, R-dam, The Hague
  • Canada -- Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Vancouver
  • Brazil
  • Finland
  • Norway
  • Belgium
Obviously, there're a lot of places I haven't been, so I'd have to say that the crappiest country in the world must be one of them. Nearly all the places I have been have their crappy bits and aspects and their not so crappy aspects. I haven't yet found something not to like in St. Barts., but it's the only place about which I can say that. As for TROTW, well, if one wants to look for what's wrong and crappy about a place, one will surely find something. That's not how I travel; I seek what's good about the place in which I find myself. After all, I don't go there to gripe about the place; that'd be a miserable way to spend my time in a place I don't live and in which I have no vested interest.

You have too much time on your hands!

Another American who hates the truth and loves US propaganda. You are in widespread, not good, company.

Abductively, I suspect at the moment it'd be Syria, but my assertion to that effect is heavily influenced by the current state of affairs there. In a more universal sense, I don't know what is the crappiest country in the world, but I'm sure I've not yet visited it. Here're the places I've visited, mostly to visit with school friends and/or professional colleagues, and sometimes for vacations.
  • UK (Eng., Ire., Wales, & Scot.) -- Lived in central London for a year, checked out a lot of other cities on weekends
  • Indonesia -- Bali, Jakarta
  • Turkey -- Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Troy and and a couple other places in the hinterland
  • France -- Paris, Nice, Lille, Bordeaux, Avignon, Lyon, Arles, Marseille, Nantes
  • Switzerland -- Winterthur, Zurich, Geneva (and surrounding area), St. Moritz, Bern, La Chaux-de-Fonds
  • Monaco
  • Luxembourg
  • Spain -- Madrid, Barcelona, Cordoba, Ibiza
  • Italy -- Rome, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre.
  • St. Barts
  • St. Kitts
  • Anguilla
  • St. Maarten
  • Mexico
  • Honduras
  • Costa Rica
  • Belize
  • Greece
  • Germany -- Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart
  • Austria
  • Argentina -- Buenos, San Martín de los Andes (Patagonia), Bariloche
  • Uruguay
  • China (Lived in Shenzhen-Hong Kong for a year, visited other place...Hong Kong, Kashgar (surrounding area), Lanzhou exurbs, along with the "usual" assortment of major cities...Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shaoyang, etc.)
  • Singapore
  • Thailand
  • Taiwan
  • Japan -- Lived in Tokyo for six months visited Osaka
  • India -- Bombay, Delhi, Hyderabad, half a dozen towns that I don't recall their names (I can better say where they are than what they're called. LOL)
  • Egypt
  • The UAE -- Dubai
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Ethiopia
  • Kenya -- Nairobi, Chyulu Hills, Lewa (Isiolo), Masai Mara, Solio (Nyeri)
  • Benin -- Porto Novo and a safari/culture tour
  • Tanzania -- Ngorongoro Crater
  • South Africa -- Cape Town, Jo-burg, Kruger safari, Mbabane
  • Holland -- A-dam, R-dam, The Hague
  • Canada -- Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Vancouver
  • Brazil
  • Finland
  • Norway
  • Belgium
Obviously, there're a lot of places I haven't been, so I'd have to say that the crappiest country in the world must be one of them. Nearly all the places I have been have their crappy bits and aspects and their not so crappy aspects. I haven't yet found something not to like in St. Barts., but it's the only place about which I can say that. As for TROTW, well, if one wants to look for what's wrong and crappy about a place, one will surely find something. That's not how I travel; I seek what's good about the place in which I find myself. After all, I don't go there to gripe about the place; that'd be a miserable way to spend my time in a place I don't live and in which I have no vested interest.

You have too much time on your hands!

I guess you think I went to all those places "last week."...maybe even you think I traveled by boat.....

Last edited:
I giggle at myself.

At a young age I joined the NAVY to see the world, meet foreign people and visit foreign lands. Escape Texas.

But, looking back, I don't recall a single port-of-call where I wasn't wishing I was back home in the good ol' USofA.

Spain was kinda nice.

I guess you think I went to all those places "last week."...maybe even you think I traveled by boat.....

No. It just looks like it was very time consuming writing that diatribe. "World traveler" & all! lol

All of the Middle Eastern countries. Especially for women over there.

Amarillo... Amarillo and Los Angeles should be their own states.

The question, which seems unanswerable in any rational manner, is: Why does the richest country have more than 41 million living in extreme poverty? A journey through a land of extreme poverty: welcome to America This reality doesn't make America the ****tiest nation in the world but it must be acknowledged that there are places in the country which would not reduce any other nation's ****-hole ranking and might even cause that other place to rise toward the #1 position.

How is "extreme poverty" defined here?

Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Baltimore, Louisville, Camden, Philly....oh wait...you said countries!

Household income of less than $2 per person per day

OK, so in your opinion, poverty has a new definition.

The old definition was without, meaning the people didn't have anything.

Now, according to you, poverty is a low income family regardless of the property they own.

Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom