• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name the ****iest countries in the world

Because European countries and then the USA raped and pillaged Haiti. If the US gave back all the immense wealth it has stolen, the world would be a much better place. But the USA has always been satisfied to murder children both actively and by stealing wealth that belongs to them.

Please detail the "immense wealth" that was supposedly "stolen" from Haiti....

Yeah, right. Those are the values that had UK and now the USA raping and pillaging the planet. At least the UK wasn't so damn hypocritical as the US. The US makes a grand pretense about "All men are created equal" and the USA has never followed that notion right from the get go to today.

We are created equal in our nudity, but that’s where equality ends. The rest is education in all of its forms.

Have at it:

Some may think of the USA and Canada as being crappy places compared to the way native America's lived. So may go the traditional route and say sub Saharan Africa is the crappiest place in the world, some will say places like Venezuela holds a spot, what do you say?

Will there be a consensus?

Xinjiang Provence China sure has to be right up there:

Today, Xinjiang has both a massive security presence and ubiquitous surveillance technology: facial-recognition cameras; iris and body scanners at checkpoints, gas stations and government facilities; the collection of DNA samples for a massive database; mandatory apps that monitor messages and data flow on Uyghurs' smartphones; drones to monitor the borders. While there's some debate over how advanced the system tying these technologies together is, it's clear that China's plan is for a fully integrated system that uses artificial intelligence to rapidly process massive amounts of information for use by the similarly massive numbers of police in convenience stations.

"[Xinjiang] represents a very new frontier and approach when it comes to online surveillance and oppression."

For Uyghurs, it means that wherever they go, whomever they talk to and even whatever they read online are all being monitored by the Chinese government. According to The New York Times, "When Uighurs buy a kitchen knife, their ID data is etched on the blade as a QR code." BuzzFeed documented stories of family members too scared to speak openly to relatives abroad. And the combination of all of these tools through increasingly powerful AI and data processing means absolute control and little freedom
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-apos-xinjiang-surveillance-dystopian-160000609.html

The same shallow propagandist memes. This is what happens to people who get brainwashed by their "education" system. All they have are pat, empty replies.

Why does your remark sound more like propaganda talking points than mine does?

~ South Africa used to be a great place, today, not so much and I would not step foot there unless they went back to the old way of doing things or at least got some sense of law and order ~

Yeah, the old ways like locking up any of them uppity blacks who wanted equal rights, banning blacks from even setting foot in white towns unless they were cleaners. Bet it was also better when police could indiscriminately bullwhip any blacks or shoot unarmed protesters wanting to change the order.

Really? Wanna know how they wash their babies in Africa? They spray them with breast milk and let the goats lick them clean.

That has to be the stupidest thing I've read on the internet in years. Why not push your lie even further and say where they don't have goats to lick babies clean they use monkey droppings as baby wipe?

Yeah, the old ways like locking up any of them uppity blacks who wanted equal rights, banning blacks from even setting foot in white towns unless they were cleaners. Bet it was also better when police could indiscriminately bullwhip any blacks or shoot unarmed protesters wanting to change the order.

That has to be the stupidest thing I've read on the internet in years. Why not push your lie even further and say where they don't have goats to lick babies clean they use monkey droppings as baby wipe?
SA most certainly worked better before we saved it than it does now....they are working hard on being a failed state.

SA most certainly worked better before

Give me some factual examples.

we saved it

You didn't save SA. The Cubans did a heck of a lot more to force the Apartheid govt to negotiations than the Americans ever did. I will agree there was some help in the 80's from Reagan's govt but in no major way did the USA save or help bring about the end of minority government.

~ they are working hard on being a failed state.

Yeah, their stock exchange has collapsed, industry is on its knees and it's now the smallest economy in Africa - not.

What people like you refuse to acknowledge is that you cannot go from minority / colonial rule overnight and create a powerful successful economy for all the next day or even 50 years. How long did it take the US to recognise equal rights for all? How long did it take for the US to recognise women's rights? Aboriginal nation's rights? How long did it take for the poor sections of the US to be raised out of the gutter and cornfield to having a President sit in power?

We are created equal in our nudity, but that’s where equality ends. The rest is education in all of its forms.

Nice try at diversion but it didn't work.

Been to many countries. I'd say Siberian Russia is definitely a ****hole, although the people are generally hospitable and for the most part decent.

What you may fail to realize is this, under the old system unemployment was 1.1%, yes blacks got paid 40% of what a white person got paid for the same work, not fair in the least, but they (the blacks) had a higher standard of living then blacks in the surrounding countries. I was in SA during these times and blacks yes in the plural asked me to tell our politicians to not back the ANC and Winnie Mandela. They were aware of the inequity but also where aware that tens of thousands of blacks from other nations were migrating into SA every year. If things were so bad, why would they be coming in?

I don't fail to see what was wrong with the old system, but if you compare quality of life from then to now you'd easily see they (all SA's) were better off before then now. Could another system be put in place to make things better, very likely yes, but that transition should have been done over decades not in an all at once move and to the people that inherited power. Have an open mind and digest the facts.

~ they (the blacks) had a higher standard of living then blacks in the surrounding countries. I was in SA during these times and blacks yes in the plural asked me to tell our politicians to not back the ANC and Winnie Mandela. They were aware of the inequity but also where aware that tens of thousands of blacks from other nations were migrating into SA every year.

I think the analogy of the American House Negro slaves would be totally lost on you yet it is right there in your story.

~ Have an open mind and digest the facts.

I love such challenges.

OK, find me a neutral fact based record of South African GDP at any time in the last 20+ years since Mandela became President and then give me the same for any period in Apartheid South Africa and then we can discuss facts.

I'm all ears.

I've travelled pretty extensively but I've yet to go to a country I'd consider ****ty.

Some of the poorest countries I've travelled through have been the most beautiful in terms of their people and natural beauty.
Our President Trump pointed out a few months ago which ones are the crappiest and he hasn't been proven wrong yet.

I think the analogy of the American House Negro slaves would be totally lost on you yet it is right there in your story.

I love such challenges.

OK, find me a neutral fact based record of South African GDP at any time in the last 20+ years since Mandela became President and then give me the same for any period in Apartheid South Africa and then we can discuss facts.

I'm all ears.

I'm not about to do your research for you, you disprove my statements if you care to. Fact remains I was there and have no reason to lie about what I witnessed first hand. The blacks I encountered in SA were the nicest warmest people of any country I've ever traveled too. I wouldn't want anything but the best for them, what they have now is certainly a step backwards for the entire nation.
There's a reason when things turned they
said "If you want to leave you can, but you can't take any of your wealth with you." They knew full well that people would not want to remain under the new system.

SA most certainly worked better before we saved it than it does now....they are working hard on being a failed state.

I see you are still making **** up.

I'm not about to do your research for you, you disprove my statements if you care to. Fact remains I was there and have no reason to lie about what I witnessed first hand. The blacks I encountered in SA were the nicest warmest people of any country I've ever traveled too. I wouldn't want anything but the best for them, what they have now is certainly a step backwards for the entire nation.
There's a reason when things turned they
said "If you want to leave you can, but you can't take any of your wealth with you." They knew full well that people would not want to remain under the new system.

I must wonder just how much time you actually spent in South Africa. I have three friends who live in Cape Town in retirement, after working in other countries for at least half of their lives.

I must wonder just how much time you actually spent in South Africa. I have three friends who live in Cape Town in retirement, after working in other countries for at least half of their lives.

Cape town is far more English then Pretoria and Johannesburg which are more Dutch. If you do have friends there I'd really enjoy hearing what they could tell you about the economy prior to the US sanctions and immigration from other African nations during the 80's.

I'm not about to do your research for you, you disprove my statements if you care to. ~

The answer of someone who knows he/she can't back a claim up. Traditionally in debate, the person talking about "facts" backs them up: for example, "I saw a green Martian last night, I can prove they exist and here is the picture."

It's not for the person asking for verification to provide the photographic proof of someone else's claim. That's just moronic.

Now, you are claiming SA was economically better off, blacks were better off under apartheid so just go ahead and back up your statement or be treated as a liar.

Simple.

The question, which seems unanswerable in any rational manner, is: Why does the richest country have more than 41 million living in extreme poverty? A journey through a land of extreme poverty: welcome to America This reality doesn't make America the ****tiest nation in the world but it must be acknowledged that there are places in the country which would not reduce any other nation's ****-hole ranking and might even cause that other place to rise toward the #1 position.

I don't understand this. How can people be living in extreme poverty when welfare and other 'safety nets' are available?

Have at it:

Some may think of the USA and Canada as being crappy places compared to the way native America's lived. So may go the traditional route and say sub Saharan Africa is the crappiest place in the world, some will say places like Venezuela holds a spot, what do you say?

Will there be a consensus?

Of the countries I've lived in Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo) was by a wide margin the worst. Of the countries I have visited Congo Brazzaville and South Africa score low.

Of European countries Belgium (my family home for 10 years) is in steep decline.

The question, which seems unanswerable in any rational manner, is: Why does the richest country have more than 41 million living in extreme poverty? A journey through a land of extreme poverty: welcome to America This reality doesn't make America the ****tiest nation in the world but it must be acknowledged that there are places in the country which would not reduce any other nation's ****-hole ranking and might even cause that other place to rise toward the #1 position.

There is no such country as 'America'. I take it you mean the USA. If you think that 41 million people in the USA are "living in extreme poverty" then you have never seen what actual extreme poverty looks like.

There is no such country as 'America'. I take it you mean the USA. If you think that 41 million people in the USA are "living in extreme poverty" then you have never seen what actual extreme poverty looks like.

Not that I'm looking to back anyone up on this but the USA is commonly known as "America". It may not be factually correct but in common terms it is known and accepted as America.

I only have chose to visit countries for their beauty, or to visit relatives or the lands from which my ancestors
arrived here from. England & Scotland, Ireland & Germany. Also skied in Zematt Switzerland & toured Paris because my first wife desired to do so.
They all were far from ****holes

I don't think one has to visit a ****hole country to determine if it is one or not. ****hole countries IMO are exemplified by Haiti,
Zimbabwe & Somalia. Being a white farmer in South Africa would be living in a ****hole situation but the country itself
is not as bad as those mentioned

Back
Top Bottom