• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Mother Should Have Aborted Me (article)

It’s not up to you.

Women have been having abortions since the early Greek days.

Thankfully due to better artifical birth control methods and better sex educations the rate of abortions in the US to the rate of pregnancies have been falling since the mid 1980s.

In the mid 1980s about 33 out of every 100 pregncies were aborted. By 2012 it was about 22 out of 100 pregnancies.
The CDC reported that in 2014 to rate was down to about 18 (actually 17.1 percent ) out of every 100 pregnancies.

Abortion rates by country (list by country)

Actually, this is still a democratic republic. Even though you'd like to eliminate a man's right to vote on certain issues, we don't hold that value and we will never hold that value. He has a say. I have a say. Every man has a say.

So a way to reconcile this is to promote education of young women about the reliability (or lack there of) of birth control.

No body ever believes me that birth control combined with condoms over a three year period will likely result in a pregnancy. Ask any fertility doctor.

Actually, this is still a democratic republic. Even though you'd like to eliminate a man's right to vote on certain issues, we don't hold that value and we will never hold that value. He has a say. I have a say. Every man has a say.

But men do not have the right to dictate how women should control their reproductive rights.

No body ever believes me that birth control combined with condoms over a three year period will likely result in a pregnancy. Ask any fertility doctor.

Yeah, exactly! And I think educating people is a much better alternative than killing fetal humans.

My mother should have aborted me

The statement my mother should have aborted me may shock some people, but this is how I truly feel, everyone would have been better off had I never been born.

My mum contemplated having me aborted but decided the money she would receive for my existence was worth bringing me into the world.

I was never loved nor wanted growing up, my mum could barely say my name, birthdays were non existant and love was something I did not know, pain and misery were the only things my mother ever shoe me.

My Mother Should Have Aborted Me - Mums Advice

========================================================================

Quality of life is more important than quantity. If you cannot or will not take care of a child, you should not bring one into the world.

This child should have been removed from her mother's care, but obviously wasn't.

The fallacy here is that the author assumes that her situation must be true for all children born into the same circumstances. I don't think her depression is justification for killing children of similar circumstances.

I'm not even sure I believe this article. She was an outcast that didn't finish school but she wrote a nearly flawless letter accented with links to rape and crisis centers? Something smells staged here.

Their reproductive right is to have sex with whom they please. I argue it shouldn't be their right to kill another human unless their life is in danger.

They can have sex, but the woman can choose not to give birth to any children that are the product of that particular act of sexual intercourse.

If the fetus is entirely dependent on the mother for sustainence while attached by the embilcal cord, the mother has the final say on the matter

I don't think she should because she is the reason it is there. It didn't just one day spawn like a mole or tumor, her actions directly led her to that predicament.

I don't think she should because she is the reason it is there. It didn't just one day spawn like a mole or tumor, her actions directly led her to that predicament.

If she can choose to have sex, she can choose to abort the fetus.

There is nothing requiring her to carry that baby to term.

If she can choose to have sex, she can choose to abort the fetus.

There is nothing requiring her to carry that baby to term.

You act as if I am trying to argue that the law states that she can't have an abortion. I know what the laws state. I am making a philosophical and moral argument as to why I think the laws should be changed. Telling me "there's nothing requiring her to carry that baby to term" means you don't understand what debating is about. I am saying there should be something requiring her to carry that baby to term, I am not arguing that there currently is something.

You act as if I am trying to argue that the law states that she can't have an abortion. I know what the laws state. I am making a philosophical and moral argument as to why I think the laws should be changed. Telling me "there's nothing requiring her to carry that baby to term" means you don't understand what debating is about. I am saying there should be something requiring her to carry that baby to term, I am not arguing that there currently is something.

And I am making the argument that no one can force a women to have a baby she does not want. No law should force a women to give birth againist her will. It is her womb, her choice, and her decision.

And I am making the argument that no one can force a women to have a baby she does not want. No law should force a women to give birth againist her will. It is her womb, her choice, and her decision.

It isn't her body they are destroying, she shouldn't be able to consent the death of someone else, especially since she is responsible for making the baby.

Still a parasite that's unwanted.

Kids after they are born are parasites until they move out or get a job. This specific parasite is easily avoidable, and it is more than just a parasite. It is another human being who should have rights to their body not being ripped apart by tongs or a vacuum.

It isn't her body they are destroying, she shouldn't be able to consent the death of someone else, especially since she is responsible for making the baby.

If she is responsible for making it, she has the ability to unmake it.

And if the baby is unable to survive without being attached to the embilical cord, it is effectively dependent on the mother to survive.

And if conservatives have their way, you'll see more and more of this. They want less government control (i.e. less child protective services, closing abortion clinics, etc.) and more of letting "parents be parents". Welcome to Trump's America now.

Less murder of babies? Less government control? Letting "parents be parents"?

That's Trump's America? Well all I can say is, God Bless Donald Trump. I am glad I voted for him.

Kids after they are born are parasites until they move out or get a job. This specific parasite is easily avoidable, and it is more than just a parasite. It is another human being who should have rights to their body not being ripped apart by tongs or a vacuum.

They're not parasites after they're out of the womb. And starting from when they leave the womb, as they get older, they get more and more independent.

If she is responsible for making it, she has the ability to unmake it.

And if the baby is unable to survive without being attached to the embilical cord, it is effectively dependent on the mother to survive.

SO with that argument you could kill an already born infant by just letting them die...

They're not parasites after they're out of the womb. And starting from when they leave the womb, as they get older, they get more and more independent.

The are parasites under the "derogatory" definition. Especially infants who cannot do anything for themselves. But identifying them as parasites (technically) does not take away or make it okay to kill humans.

The are parasites under the "derogatory" definition. Especially infants who cannot do anything for themselves. But identifying them as parasites (technically) does not take away or make it okay to kill humans.

In my book, they're not humans if still early in development in the womb.

Yeah, in that case, we were all parasites at one time...we should all be thankful our moms chose to have us anyway...

Back
Top Bottom