• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Mother Should Have Aborted Me (article)

WHy should they be able to opt out? Are they not 50% responsible for that child?

If they are not held accountable for their responsibilities to the child, then the taxpayer is stuck with the bill...and we are zero % responsible for the creation of that child and we cannot opt out.

I completely agree. I am pro-life

Sure legally speaking. But should it be that way?

Yes.

The problem is pro-choice advocates argue that women should have the right to choose to have a baby or not. For different reasons but generally due to controlling/preventing unwanted the changes in their body, but also if they couldn't provide a life for the child.

This second aspect should apply to both men and women but currently is solely dependent on the choice of the woman.

There are threads on this forum about men's rights and child support. This is not one of them.

Why?

There are threads on this forum about men's rights and child support. This is not one of them.
It was relevant to the discussion I was having due to what was brought up by someone else. The vast majority of my post directly on topic. A small point here and there isn't against the rules.

Completely pro-life, no exceptions?

I understand the need for sometimes aborting fetuses, health reasons, or rape etc... I really dislike abortions in those scenerios and would prefer the mother to carry out, but I think if thier life is at risk or they were raped, they have the right to choose.

My argument is people that choose to risk having children should own up to the consequences for the child's sake. The child is innocent.

I understand the need for sometimes aborting fetuses, health reasons, or rape etc... I really dislike abortions in those scenerios and would prefer the mother to carry out, but I think if thier life is at risk or they were raped, they have the right to choose.

My argument is people that choose to risk having children should own up to the consequences for the child's sake. The child is innocent.

The unborn have no ability to think, act, or even form intent. If they are 'innocent,' it's because they are empty, a vacuum. They have no ability to be anything else if you insist on applying that adjective to them....but it's the same 'innocence' of a flower or a tree...it's an 'innocence of emptiness.'

Can you explain why you feel that is of value? And can you explain what a woman is guilty of?

I don't think anyone is "Pro-abortion." Nobody likes the idea of having an abortion, we just disagree over which situations are necessary for abortion.

The unborn have no ability to think, act, or even form intent. If they are 'innocent,' it's because they are empty, a vacuum. They have no ability to be anything else if you insist on applying that adjective to them....but it's the same 'innocence' of a flower or a tree...it's an 'innocence of emptiness.'

Can you explain why you feel that is of value? And can you explain what a woman is guilty of?

They have innocence because they are developing humans who have not done anything to warrant them being ripped apart and killed.

They have innocence because they are developing humans who have not done anything to warrant them being ripped apart and killed.

That's not a definition of innocence. They havent done anything to warrant anything because they are incapable of doing so. I just wrote that.

And as such, I dont see why it is of value. Do you value it in flowers and rocks too?

Nor did you answer what the woman is guilty of.

That's not a definition of innocence. They havent done anything to warrant anything because they are incapable of doing so. I just wrote that.

And as such, I dont see why it is of value. Do you value it in flowers and rocks too?

Nor did you answer what the woman is guilty of.

A fetus is more than a flower or a rock. It is a living thing with human DNA. Even after 6 weeks the baby has a brain that continues to develop for the next 25 or so years. People have to sidestep around human constructed definitions to justify the killing of millions of babies.

A fetus is more than a flower or a rock. It is a living thing with human DNA. Even after 6 weeks the baby has a brain that continues to develop for the next 25 or so years. People have to sidestep around human constructed definitions to justify the killing of millions of babies.

Yes, I never said otherwise. I was just saying that the 'innocence' you seem to think is important is non-existent in the unborn the same way it is in a flower or rock...all are incapable of acting or even forming intent. It's not a positive attribute...it's a vacuum.

I understand that abortion kills the unborn...but you seem to be kidding yourself by personifying the unborn, giving them traits they do not have...why is that?

Yes, I never said otherwise. I was just saying that the 'innocence' you seem to think is important is non-existent in the unborn the same way it is in a flower or rock...all are incapable of acting or even forming intent. It's not a positive attribute...it's a vacuum.

I understand that abortion kills the unborn...but you seem to be kidding yourself by personifying the unborn, giving them traits they do not have...why is that?

"Incapable of acting" implies innocence. A fetus is not a subject in the same way a fetus/person is.

"Incapable of acting" implies innocence. A fetus is not a subject in the same way a fetus/person is.

But it's a vacuum...it's meaningless. How does that have value? It cant be anything but empty (or innocent as you call it)

The value in innocence is how one acts when there is a choice of good or evil.

And you still didnt tell me what the woman is guilty of. Why isnt she innocent?

If the woman doesn't want the baby, and the baby is feeding off of her, guess what the baby is?

Many people won't like the word I use to describe what's going on, but I'll say it anyway - The baby's a parasite.

If the woman doesn't want the baby, and the baby is feeding off of her, guess what the baby is?

Many people won't like the word I use to describe what's going on, but I'll say it anyway - The baby's a parasite.

Human being none-the-less, point is irrelevant.

It does boil down to personal freedom. Face it.. so since you have no experience with it.. you are willing to tell another person what they cannot do? That's exactly the same attitude that the pro life crowd has. They don't understand or are not willing to understand that woman have all sorts of reasons for abortion.. from a rape they are afraid to report, to medical complications, to a variety of other reasons.

In some regards self harming, cutting and eating disorders are a matter of personal liberty.

Would you support a woman who has anorexia being forced to have GI tube be put down her throat and being force fed? OR do you respect her freedom to not have that intervention done?
Should a person that's cutting herself.. be placed indefinitely in a facility where she cannot harm herself? Or kept drugged to the point where she is unaware of her surroundings?

Do you think officers should check inmates on suicide watch? Do you think we should end the policy of suicide watch, because it interferes with the rights of people incarcerated and facing trial?

I don't think in terms of personal freedom like that. Doing so raises all kinds of questions and creates problematic issues, some of them are really ridiculous.

Not currently, but I disagree with that ideal. I don't think women should be able to make a life only to later kill a human.

It’s not up to you.

Women have been having abortions since the early Greek days.

Thankfully due to better artifical birth control methods and better sex educations the rate of abortions in the US to the rate of pregnancies have been falling since the mid 1980s.

In the mid 1980s about 33 out of every 100 pregncies were aborted. By 2012 it was about 22 out of 100 pregnancies.
The CDC reported that in 2014 to rate was down to about 18 (actually 17.1 percent ) out of every 100 pregnancies.

Abortion rates by country (list by country)

Last edited:
It’s not up to you.

Women have been having abortions since the early Greek days.

Thankfully due to better artifical birth control methods and better sex educations the rate of abortions in the US to the rate of pregnancies have been falling since the mid 1980s.

In the mid 1980s about 33 out of every 100 pregncies were aborted. By 2012 it was about 22 out of 100 pregnancies.
The CDC reported that in 2014 to rate was down to about 18 out of every 100 pregnancies.

Obviously it isn't up to me, but you are on a debate forum where people debate about abortion and their views/stances.

Obviously it isn't up to me, but you are on a debate forum where people debate about abortion and their views/stances.

Obviously it takes both a man and a woman to make an unborn.

And over 65 percent of US women of child bearing years use artifical birth control consistently when they wish not to become pregnant. They are saying no to pregnancy.

That’s not including the numbers of women who cannot become pregnant due to a medical condition or due to a medical procedure.

Unfortunately, all artifical birth control has a failure rate and over half the women who abort were using artifical birth control.

Over 60 percentof Women who abort have at least one born child.

Women do not abort wanted pregnancies unless something is very tragically medically wrong with woman’s or the unborn s health.

Obviously it takes both a man and a woman to make an unborn.

And over 65 percent of US women of child bearing years use artifical birth control consistently when they wish not to become pregnant. They are saying no to pregnancy.

That’s not including the numbers of women who cannot become pregnant due to a medical condition or due to a medical procedure.

Unfortunately, all artifical birth control has a failure rate and over half the women who abort were using artifical birth control.

Over 60 percentof Women who abort have at least one born child.

Women do not abort wanted pregnancies unless something is very tragically medically wrong with woman’s or the unborn s health.

So a way to reconcile this is to promote education of young women about the reliability (or lack there of) of birth control.

Back
Top Bottom