• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Movies You Have Watched Over and Over Again

I'm seeing a theme.

one of my husband's is White Christmas. He also likes this one called Robin and the Seven Hoods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, yeah....White Christmas. Hasn't everyone seen that one countless times? I watch it every year.
Also "It's A Wonderful Life."

I know many of the words in those two movies by heart because I've seen them so many times.

Seven Samurai, La Dolce Vita, Big Lebowski, Mr. Roberts, It's a Mad Mad Mad...World, The Third Man, Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, Hard Day's Night, 8 1/2, Ran, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Citizen Kane.

To name a few.

Plenty of movies I would watch more than once, like The Shawshank Redemption. Some of my favorite

Annie Hall

Forrest Gump

The Eiger Sanction (I like most of Eastwoods movies)

Author Author (Odd role for Al Pacino, heartwarming)

Sleeper (I know Woody is a sleeze but he makes funny movies)

12 Angry Men

Cool Hand Luke (What we have here is a failure to communicate, never gets old)

Love & Death

Little Big Man

Patton (George C. Scott is awesome)

The Formula (Brando & Scott)

Soylent Green (Science fiction with Heston & Edward G. Robinson)

Last edited:
How could I forget Slap Shot, the Hanson Brothers never get old.

Oh, yeah....White Christmas. Hasn't everyone seen that one countless times? I watch it every year.
Also "It's A Wonderful Life."

I know many of the words in those two movies by heart because I've seen them so many times.

Actually, I didn't watch it until my husband introduced it to me. It was a little surprising to me that he would like it. He hides his sentimental side pretty well.

Wow,, There are so many

The Ten Commandments ( Charlton Heston)

Just about any Clint Eastwood western

Jaws

Star Wars (Original Trilogy)

The Villan (Kirk Douglas)

Forbidden Planet

Just to name a few

djl

The Eiger Sanction (I like most of Eastwoods movies)
Anyone who loves a movie based on my favorite book deserves a like! I also like most of Clint's movies, except the ones with the orangutan in it. :cool:

The movie that ends with me getting the beautiful, intelligent, kind gal and the one billion dollar prize for winning the Mars 10,000 Off World rocket race while ending all poverty and war.

It plays whenever I am bored - in my mind.

Well...it will now.

Anyone who loves a movie based on my favorite book deserves a like! I also like most of Clint's movies, except the ones with the orangutan in it. :cool:

I like Clyde. The Eiger Sanction was cool because even though Clint played the usual tough guy it wasn't over the top. An art teacher and collector no less.

Die Hard
The Terminator
Back to the Future
Jaws
Star Wars (A New Hope)
The Empire Strikes Back
Duel
12 Angry Men
The Shawshank Redemption
Taxi Driver
Goodfellas
Do the Right Thing

Last edited:
Die Hard
The Terminator
Back to the Future
Jaws
Star Wars (A New Hope)
The Empire Strikes Back
Duel
12 Angry Men
The Shawshank Redemption
Taxi Driver
Goodfellas
Do the Right Thing

I liked Duel better as a Playboy short story than as a film, although Dennis Weaver did a good job.

I liked Duel better as a Playboy short story than as a film, although Dennis Weaver did a good job.

Yeah, it's not a movie everyone will enjoy, but to me it represents Spielberg at his best.

Avatar, Tangled (yeah, a cartoon... wanna make something of it???), Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars trilogy (the original), every Ice Age movie made... fun stuff! When I watch movies the last thing I need is to see maudlin tearjerkers, serial killers, zombies, slashers, or dark, dreary people living dark, dreary lives. :)

I like Clyde. The Eiger Sanction was cool because even though Clint played the usual tough guy it wasn't over the top. An art teacher and collector no less.

If you liked the movie then I suggest you read the book too- its awesome. The Eiger Sanction was written as a Bond spoof, but it was so witty and the writing was so good that critics mistook it for a serious spy novel and it was a huge bestseller.

If you liked the movie then I suggest you read the book too- its awesome. The Eiger Sanction was written as a Bond spoof, but it was so witty and the writing was so good that critics mistook it for a serious spy novel and it was a huge bestseller.

The albino ex Nazi head of the spy's could definitely be considered a bit "spoofy". I thought it was cool in the movie along with the idiot sidekick spy.

The albino ex Nazi head of the spy's could definitely be considered a bit "spoofy". I thought it was cool in the movie along with the idiot sidekick spy.

LOL the albino's full name in the book was Yurasis Dragon (slang for your ass is dragging) and Pope's full name was Clement Pope (a play on Pope Clement). The French climber had a different name in the book, in the movie it was Montaine, but in the book his name was Jean Paul Bidet. LOL

LOL the albino's full name in the book was Yurasis Dragon (slang for your ass is dragging) and Pope's full name was Clement Pope (a play on Pope Clement). The French climber had a different name in the book, in the movie it was Montaine, but in the book his name was Jean Paul Bidet. LOL

Pope, that was his name. The guy who played him did a good job of making him a moron. Pretty funny.

TiMER
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Dangerous Liaisons
Kingsman: The Secret Service
True Grit
Camille
Schindler's List
Armageddon
Big Jake
Contact
Silence of the Lambs
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Beauty and the Beast
Into The Woods

Etc.

Also anything narrated by David Attenborough.

Pope, that was his name. The guy who played him did a good job of making him a moron. Pretty funny.

Same actor who played the sheriff in Eastwood's Joe Kidd- thats another movie I love to watch over and over again. Clint's western movies are all great.

Back
Top Bottom