• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moscow concert hall terrorist attack: Shooting and explosion reported

because it's the West who benefits most from this bloody attack. The West and Ukraine. All this ISIS story is just a cover for your dark deeds.
lol

I mean if we're just spouting off crazy, unsubstantiated claims; Russia did it, Putin staged it so that he could excuse escalating his aggression war of land grabbing against Ukraine.

Finland is not at war with Russia, and would extradite terrorists. Ukraine is actively at war with Russia. They are the only country you could be sure would not extradite you. That doesn't mean that Ukraine was behind the terrorist attack, only that it is actively at war with Russia.

And there is one party that is responsible for the attack on the Moscow music: ISIS.
Oh know. Finland would never find anybody to extradite )). All the suspects would immediately "disappear". This is how your intel agencies work.

Oh know. Finland would never find anybody to extradite )). All the suspects would immediately "disappear". This is how your intel agencies work.
I think you're confused. Western intelligence agencies don't behave the way Russian intelligence agencies do. We are a democracy. Westerners have rights. Russia is a dictatorship. People in Russia have no rights.

That alone is all the proof you need?
I don't think this "proves" anything. As well as the "responsibility claims" from ISIS means absolutely nothing. These claims say nothing about the purpose of an attack , or who have ordered this attack, and who have sponsored it. And after all these claims may turn out to be just LIES.

I don't think this "proves" anything. As well as the "responsibility claims" from ISIS means absolutely nothing. These claims say nothing about the purpose of an attack , or who have ordered this attack, and who have sponsored it. And after all these claims may turn out to be just LIES.
And yet you seem to be absolutely sure that the US is behind it, solely because you can think of a way that they might have benefitted from it?

tlol

I mean if we're just spouting off crazy, unsubstantiated claims; Russia did it, Putin staged it so that he could excuse escalating his aggression war of land grabbing against Ukraine.
You mean you replace these claims with lies like "a mythical ISIS" did it ?

And yet you seem to be absolutely sure that the US is behind it, solely because you can think of a way that they might have benefitted from it?
The question who benefits if the most important question in todays world.

The question who benefits if the most important question in todays world.
Putin benefits by shoring up dwindling Russian support for the quagmire in Ukraine. It also gives him cover to start conscription.

Its a mystery why ISIS would attack Russia NOW. Being a child of US intel agencies its not a mystery in general.

1. Russia has fought ISIS for the last decade in Syria and helped destroy their Caliphate, and vengeance and the desire to remain a relevant force in the global Jihad is never far from the minds of ISIS.
2. To ISIS, Russia is not only a vile Christian crusader state, but it is aligned with two apostate Shia Muslim states, i.e., Syria and Iran. So hurting Russia hurts the apostates.
3. Russia is currently engaged in Ukraine, with its military and intelligence assets and personnel focused heavily in Ukraine in its ongoing attempt at pacification. So your most competent guards are being utilized elsewhere.
EDIT: #4. This is to also act as a recruitment tool for the resentful ethnic groups of the Sunni Muslim Central Asian Republics controlled by Russia whose sons have been used as cannon fodder in your country's war against the Ukrainians. Not every citizen appears exactly thrilled to be a pawn to be sacrificed in the name of maintaining the Russkiy mir by their (nominally) Christian Slavic nationalist overlords in Moscow.

Last edited:
Your rage and pain at being forced to face what the US does and the utter dismantlement of your drivel on every level is hilariously easy to see through, yes.

We both know how upset being forced to face the reality wearing a uniform doesn’t make you special makes you. It shows in every post you make, and it’s hilarious.

Thanks for proving me right again, as you always do 😂
lol. You’re so funny. People laughing at you and your silly butt hurt feelings is not rage or pain.
Here is a hint for you. I don’t take anything you say seriously. I find your silly little rants amusing.

It’s funny I have repeatedly said wearing a uniform is no big deal and it sure doesn’t make one special. Yet you are the one who the moment he failed at being able to wear a uniform your entire world view instantly changed. That tells everyone all they need to know about what you actually thought about wearing a uniform. And the level of butt hurt you are still suffering from.
You can deny reality all you want but that doesn’t actually change anything.

There hasn’t been anything you have been right at in this entire thread.

Poor braindrain. So panicked at realizing his pathetic excuse of a “argument” collapsed at the slightest examination.

It’s certainly embarsssing just how easy it is to trash your pathetic drivel, yes.

It’s hilarious watching you sputter and snivel at being forced to face reality, yes.
Still can’t explain where you got your knowledge out experience to make the assessments you are constantly trying to make huh. Wonder why that is.

Still haven’t figured out that you actually proved my point yet huh. So sad.

That’s funny coming from the guy who has been refusing to face reality since the day he failed boot camp. Pathetic.

Have you checked with you boss this week?

Putin says it was ISIS.
Well he's still holding onto a Ukraine link as well.

On Monday - three days after the attack - Russian President Vladimir Putin told senior officials "we know that the crime was committed by the hands of radical Islamists, followers of an ideology that the Islamic world itself has been fighting against for centuries".

But he also insisted that the attackers were linked to the Ukrainian government. He had said so in his first reaction, on Saturday, claiming Kyiv had "prepared a window" to allow them to cross the border and escape into its territory.

He really wants to link Ukraine into this, while he doesn't necessarily need excuses to escalate his landgrab war, I think he'd like to be able to use this for just such an end.

lol

I'm surprised he didn't blame Moldova so he could justify invading them.

Just like your country has made thousands of Ukrainian children disappear?

You can be a lackluster force and still capture territory. If you don't understand that I can't help you.

Except the Ukrainian forces mentioning the limited fortifications.

American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan were also thousands of miles from home, smaller in number (ISAF struggled to surpass 125,000), with fewer tanks and artillery. We can do this all day.

This is something you just keep claiming with no real proof of it.

What are you basing that off of?

No, it did not "as a whole" improve at all.

What changed was the Iraqi General staff came to fully appreciate just how utterly poor their troops were at conducting operations, and "fixed this" by scripting offensives down to the platoon level. There was no real improvement in the skill-at-arms of actual Iraqi formations.

If you are going to claim a military is “trash” or “garbage”, and they continue to capture significant objectives despite the opposition investing substantial amounts of time and resources in defending them, then the narrative does not hold up.

For example:

“The attack on al-Faw was preceded by Iraqi diversionary attacks in northern Iraq, with a massive artillery and air barrage of Iranian front lines. Key areas, such as supply lines, command posts, and ammunition depots, were hit by a storm of mustard gas and nerve gas, as well as by conventional explosives. Helicopters landed Iraqi commandos behind Iranian lines while the main Iraqi force attacked in a frontal assault. Within 48 hours, all of the Iranian forces had been killed or cleared from the al-Faw Peninsula.[43] The day was celebrated in Iraq as Faw Liberation Day throughout Saddam's rule. The Iraqis had planned the offensive well. Prior to the attack the Iraqi soldiers gave themselves poison gas antidotes to shield themselves from the effect of the saturation of gas. The heavy and well executed use of chemical weapons was the decisive factor in the Iraqi victory.[101] Iraqi losses were a little more than 1,000.[39]

To the shock of the Iranians, rather than breaking off the offensive, the Iraqis kept up their drive, and a new force attacked the Iranian positions around Basra.[20] Following this, sensing Iranian weakness, the Iraqis launched a sustained drive to clear the Iranians out of all of southern Iraq.[26]:264

One of the most successful Iraqi tactics was the "one-two punch" attack using chemical weapons. Using artillery, they would saturate the Iranian front line with rapidly dispersing cyanide and nerve gas, while longer-lasting mustard gas was launched via fighter-bombers and rockets against the Iranian rear, creating a "chemical wall" that blocked reinforcement.”

Except, again, their performance during the Tawakal ala Allah operations strongly contradicts that.

US troops struggled just as badly during past operations in Mexico and the Caribbean, so claiming that it was simply a matter of being far away clearly doesn’t hold up either. They were also facing enemies that didn’t have any tanks, which makes the “fewer tanks” argument hold little water.

The US will to fight in Somalia was broken after taking fewer than twenty KIA in a single operation

I have come to the same conclusion.

Depends on how you define 'win.' The US would survive such an exchange with its military more or less intact. Russia would not. Guaranteed.

If you define 'win' as the US would suffer few casualties and the US economy and standard of living would remain healthy and more or less where it is now, then you are absolutely correct. The entire world, including every surviving American, would regret such a war for decades to come.

It's like what McNamara said in Fog of War: something is not a war crime if you're victorious but is if you're not.

which in turn makes 'murica no different from countries that it criticizes.

If you are going to claim a military is “trash” or “garbage”,

I don't recall using either term.

and they continue to capture significant objectives despite the opposition investing substantial amounts of time and resources in defending them, then the narrative does not hold up.

You're acting like the Ukrainians and Russians were on equal footing. They were not.

Except, again, their performance during the Tawakal ala Allah operations strongly contradicts that.

No it doesn't. Pollack rather clearly illustrates this in "Arabs at War";

"At a tactical level, the Iraqis exhibited the same problems that had plagued them throughout the war... In particular, the same old problems could be seen when, for one reason or another, the situation did not develop as anticipated by Baghdad's plan..., on numerous occasions when Iraqi tactical units were caught off-guard by an Iranian ambush or an unexpected defensive position, this cooperation disintegrated, leading to losses in infantry and tanks. Unforeseen Iranian counterattacks continued to take a disproportionate toll on Iraqi forces: the Iraqis were slow to react, and in every case their only response was to try to beat back the Iranians with overwhelming firepower. Fortunately for them, their advantage in this area was so enormous (and the Iranian forces were so weak) that it usually worked. Overall, Iraqi tanks continued to rely on massed firepower and the shock effect of frontal assaults rather than maneuver... In those few instances when the Iraqis faced Iranian mobile reserves, they generally reverted to their previous practice of charging the Iranians with guns blazing and tended to defeat the Iranians through sheer weight of numbers rather than any skill in handling a tank or tank formations.

Commanders of Iraqi armored and mechanized platoons, companies, and battalions demonstrated little ability to organize and employ their forces as teams. Similarly, Iraqi artillery fire was devastating primarily because of its volume and heavy reliance on chemical warfare. Iraqi artillery batteries only fired preregistered, preplanned fire missions - even in support of the exploitation operations - and as a result, they rarely could contribute if the armored columns took a wrong turn or encountered Iranian resistance where it was not expected. For this reason, Iraqi artillery generally had little effect after the initial breakthrough battle. "

Kenneth M. Pollack. Arabs at War: Military Effectiveness, 1948-1991 (Studies in War, Society, and the Militar) (Kindle Locations 3252-3258). Kindle Edition.

Their performance does not contradict anything; Iraqi forces were at poor at tactical execution in 1988 as they were in 1980. The difference was in 1988 the Iraqis had amassed overwhelming advantages in artillery and armor, and when coupled with poison gas this was enough to overwhelm Irans' badly depleted forces.

US troops struggled just as badly during past operations in Mexico and the Caribbean,

What?

The US will to fight in Somalia was broken after taking fewer than twenty KIA in a single operation.

That was a political decision, not a military one.

Still can’t explain where you got your knowledge out experience to make the assessments you are constantly trying to make huh. Wonder why that is.

Still haven’t figured out that you actually proved my point yet huh. So sad.

That’s funny coming from the guy who has been refusing to face reality since the day he failed boot camp. Pathetic.

Your point being your complete and utter inability to handle facing reality, and all that rage and pain you’ve endlessly displayed when forced to do so? Everyone’s seen it bud, that isn’t news.

You actually proved my point, and continue to do so with every tearful squeal of surrender.

You certainly are, yes.

lol. You’re so funny. People laughing at you and your silly butt hurt feelings is not rage or pain.
Here is a hint for you. I don’t take anything you say seriously. I find your silly little rants amusing.

It’s funny I have repeatedly said wearing a uniform is no big deal and it sure doesn’t make one special. Yet you are the one who the moment he failed at being able to wear a uniform your entire world view instantly changed. That tells everyone all they need to know about what you actually thought about wearing a uniform. And the level of butt hurt you are still suffering from.
You can deny reality all you want but that doesn’t actually change anything.

There hasn’t been anything you have been right at in this entire thread.

Lol, all that rage and pain from you at being forced to face reality. It’s okay bud, I get that you lack the spine to handle facing facts and have to let everyone know just how butt hurt you are.

I agree, your rage at the fact wearing a uniform doesn’t make you special demonstrates how utterly pathetic you are. No amount of tearful squealing can change the facts about the constant US bad behavior, no matter how much you whine.

One day maybe you’ll work up the courage to get over all that rage and pain...but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom