• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Montana election shows how Ftup this country has become>

And not because the GOP candidate won, that was expected in Montana where they believe the worst GOP candidate is better then the best Dem candidate. That is pretty typical of GOP voters. No, what it really showed is how Trump has made news people targets. When the GOP candidate kind of apologized for his actions, people in the crowd were yelling out that he had done the right thing. If it was anywhere but Montana the GOP Candidate would have been in jail. But of course the Sheriff had donated money to the GOP candidate so it was just a misdemeanor assault, even though he not only body slammed the reporter, but hit him several times while he was down on the ground. He then did a Trump and put out a lie that the reporter had basically attacked him. I guess he thought that the Fox Reporters there would support his claim, but instead they backed the reporters version. So our country has come down to allowing physical attacks on reporters and thinking that it was just great and then accepting any lie told by your party as long as it support your opinions.
We are a pretty pitiful country for sure
and Trump is leading us farther down that road every minute he is in office.

The USA is a good country but it could be a lot better.

Is the dude really 70? Now that is funny. I have to admit.

I double checked my mistake, I heard an independent news commentator say he was Trumps age, he is only 56 and the Beta Male is 28, but it doesn't change my point.

Cuz this kinda **** NEVER happened under the Obama presidency.

TTTTRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Hi Congressman! Do you support the Obama agenda?

Commence assault.

but...TRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! !!!!

"Timmy did it first." is a poor excuse for any bad deed.Check with your mama on this.

:lol:

Until technology allows all who want to vote to do so on the same day without taking off work or waiting hours to do it, I see early voting as a necessary thing. This incident does highlight a problem with it, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Technology in voting? That actually does give hackers the ability to change votes. Democrats would no longer need individuals standing in line to vote two and three times or Busloads of crackwhores and streetbums bribed with Mcdonald's coupons.

Indications are Gianforte votes increased after the incident. Not surprising, most real American see the Nasty Snarky Arrogant 20some Beta Male Leftist whining about being assaulted by an old man in his 50s and realize they would be tempted to do the same.

Technology in voting? That actually does give hackers the ability to change votes. Democrats would no longer need individuals standing in line to vote two and three times or Busloads of crackwhores and streetbums bribed with Mcdonald's coupons.

Indications are Gianforte votes increased after the incident. Not surprising, most real American see the Nasty Snarky Arrogant 20some Beta Male Leftist whining about being assaulted by an old man in his 50s and realize they would be tempted to do the same.

Note, "technology" doesn't mean untraceable, hackable systems, and that is already a problem that silly voter ID laws do nothing about.

tech·nol·o·gy
tekˈnäləjē/Submit
noun
the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry.
"advances in computer technology"
machinery and equipment developed from the application of scientific knowledge.
the branch of knowledge dealing with engineering or applied sciences.

The rest of your post was dismissed as partisan ranting.

.... Pajama Boy ....

images

Alright, time for everyone to take their daily dose of Valium.

1) The contention that this is related to Trump is ridiculous on its face. As has been shown in this thread, Congressmen committing assault isn't a new phenomenon.
2) The contention that the Montana voters are a new type of normal is also ridiculous on its face. We've had politicians win elections after committing major felonies. Does Marion Barry ring any bells?

As someone else noted, the R or D next to a politician's name is a very strong indication of whether he'll win or lose in a given election. For all you lovers of direct democracy, remember that the next time you think we need more people voting or that voter turnout is too low. The average Joe is a moron, he does not pay attention, and when he does pay attention, he makes stupid decisions. In all reality, he takes the little R or D that his parents passed on down to him and votes for the guy who has the little R or D next to their name on the ballot. Let's put this in perspective. In some districts where crime and drug use is high, employment is low, our national/local policies are being dictated by people who cannot even keep their own sh*t together. Take a big city like L.A. or N.Y. Sure, there's some wealthy and educated people, but then there's the rest. According to federal government figures, about 20% of Los Angeles is hungry and should be on food stamps. About 600,000 people. Who do you think they are voting for? What kinds of decision-making skills do you think these people have? Now, let's move to the Republican district of Montana. How isolated are these folks from the rest of the country? I am going to take a stab and guess that fighting and brawling gets a very different reception there than it does in, say, the Upper West Side of Manhattan. I am completely lost in my own rant now..... If I made a point in here somewhere, yeah me.

And not because the GOP candidate won, that was expected in Montana where they believe the worst GOP candidate is better then the best Dem candidate. That is pretty typical of GOP voters. No, what it really showed is how Trump has made news people targets. When the GOP candidate kind of apologized for his actions, people in the crowd were yelling out that he had done the right thing. If it was anywhere but Montana the GOP Candidate would have been in jail. But of course the Sheriff had donated money to the GOP candidate so it was just a misdemeanor assault, even though he not only body slammed the reporter, but hit him several times while he was down on the ground. He then did a Trump and put out a lie that the reporter had basically attacked him. I guess he thought that the Fox Reporters there would support his claim, but instead they backed the reporters version. So our country has come down to allowing physical attacks on reporters and thinking that it was just great and then accepting any lie told by your party as long as it support your opinions. We are a pretty pitiful country for sure and Trump is leading us farther down that road every minute he is in office.

My concern is that this level of outrageous, boorish, uncultured behavior has become normal now. Trump is normalizing this culture. We are a nation of uneducated, uncivilized, wild barbarians now. Thanks, party of morality and American values!

Note, "technology" doesn't mean untraceable, hackable systems, and that is already a problem that silly voter ID laws do nothing about.

tech·nol·o·gy
tekˈnäləjē/Submit
noun
the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry.
"advances in computer technology"
machinery and equipment developed from the application of scientific knowledge.
the branch of knowledge dealing with engineering or applied sciences.

The rest of your post was dismissed as partisan ranting.

Partisan Rant? Yes it is, as is every post on this entire site.

That you cant dispute any of my points says it all.

Last edited:
You made my point perfect. Shave off Ben Jacobs low testosterone thin facial hair and he looks like the thing in your pic.

"That thing" in that pic is your Orange boyfriend -- when he was about the age of the reporter.

Casca walked right into that one.
veryfunny.gif

A two-fer - called Trump a pajama boy, and "that thing."

Bravo!

:clap:

My concern is that this level of outrageous, boorish, uncultured behavior has become normal now. Trump is normalizing this culture. We are a nation of uneducated, uncivilized, wild barbarians now. Thanks, party of morality and American values!

Your concern is the Republican party now mirrors the Democrat one? Because the Democrat party has long been about challenging the norms of society. Civilized behavior went out the window a long time ago.

If you want to go way back, reporters were targeted during the revolutionary war. As were publishers.

Cuz this kinda **** NEVER happened under the Obama presidency.

TTTTRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Hi Congressman! Do you support the Obama agenda?

Commence assault.

but...TRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! !!!!

I didnt say it didnt get covered. I said this kind of bull**** didnt start with TTTTRRRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMMMPPPPPP!!!!! That incident happened back in 2010. So if you are looking at the Montana incident or the Trump election as a starting point you are either blind or pushing an agenda.

Maybe the agenda part.

You should stop acting stupid. The point was clear...this kind of thing happened in 2010...under Obama...and it was nobodies fault but the individual. Yet you and people like you will make it be about TTTRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Really? Was the OP about 'politician does something stupid' or was the OP "politician does something stupid because of TTTRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!"

Keep derping it up. And dont fool yourself...you arent at all unique.

Wow dude your posts here are really losing it. Really "derping it up" with your equivocation fallacy.

You seem to think the issue is just that the politician flipped out at a reporter. That's completely missing the point. The point is that they've demonized "liberals" so much that all they need to say is "liberal reporter" and the lemmings immediately concede that the unprovoked beating was well-deserved. That's despicable. Right wing cowards hate liberals more than our actual enemies, that's horrible.

Wow dude your posts here are really losing it. Really "derping it up" with your equivocation fallacy.

You seem to think the issue is just that the politician flipped out at a reporter. That's completely missing the point. The point is that they've demonized "liberals" so much that all they need to say is "liberal reporter" and the lemmings immediately concede that the unprovoked beating was well-deserved. That's despicable. Right wing cowards hate liberals more than our actual enemies, that's horrible.

With their cult leader calling the media the actual enemy.

I agree. We don't need people who think they are not required to display respect and courtesy just because they carry a press credential to become the norm.

However, I don't think it's Trump's fault. I think it's the fault of the Mainstream Media pushing the bad-mannered envelope and the fault of the public who don't call them out on it.

"Timmy did it first." is a poor excuse for any bad deed.Check with your mama on this.

:lol:
Not at all the point...and you either know that are arent bright enough to get it.

Your concern is the Republican party now mirrors the Democrat one? Because the Democrat party has long been about challenging the norms of society.

What are you talking about? Oh, the part about letting negroes and women vote? And that's the same as beating up reporters you don't like. OK, I get it.:roll:

It's time to train reporters in the martial arts.

Yes, sarcasm.

What are you talking about? Oh, the part about letting negroes and women vote? And that's the same as beating up reporters you don't like. OK, I get it.:roll:

The democratic party has always been about challenging all sorts of norms of behavior. I don't mean voting, I mean actual behavior. I am referring to the last 40 years.

Not that I didn't expect the bait, but you really could try to be better as a poster, couldn't you?

The democratic party has always been about challenging all sorts of norms of behavior. I don't mean voting, I mean actual behavior. I am referring to the last 40 years.

Yes. And very proud of it. You can't understand why? I will let Thomas Jefferson explain:

"I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to H. Tompkinson (AKA Samuel Kercheval), July 12, 1816

I am sure though that Mr. Jefferson did not have in mind beating up reporters you don't like, or calling the press the enemies of the people, or shutting out people based on their ethnicity or religion. Those are not changes based on "progress of the human mind". Those are just changes of uncultured and uncivilized folks trying to blindly "remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." .

Not at all the point...and you either know that are arent bright enough to get it

I know that no one should be allowed to get away with blaming their bad behavior on someone else's similar bad behavior in the past.

If you don't get that you're out of touch with reality.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch,running out of time,GOP.

Back
Top Bottom