• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mollie Tibbetts' father in op-ed: She is not a pawn in 'racist' immigration narrative (1 Viewer)

It really won't matter what Mollies family requests. You can't force people to act like decent human beings. Extreme partisans have no concern for anyone or anything but their agenda.

Both sides have lost all dignity and respect. Tragedies are being used for gains.

Yes, how dare the father demand people stop using his murdered daughter as a political prop.
:doh It is not a "how dare" he issue.

It is only proper to use examples when advocating for an issue.
This issue is no different.

I have no idea how many daughters you had that been murdered but I would go with the father's wish on this one out of decency.
You go with it because it lends your position support to go with it. Whether her father likes it or not, mollie is an example of the dangers associated with illegals being here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

It really won't matter what Mollies family requests. You can't force people to act like decent human beings. Extreme partisans have no concern for anyone or anything but their agenda.
Decent people protect each other from these types of unnecessary and preventable tragedies

Literally true. Any and all. But how many times has Trump accused Canadian illegals of rape? We are all grownups here. To ignore the racial overtones of Trump’s policies and statements is hopelessly naive.

How many Canadian illegals are there?

At this point Trump cultists really have no room to whine and cry about being called deplorable......and if you ever wonder why, all you have to do is look at this post.

Oh, and by the way.....we actually do know what her opinion was thanks to this thing called "social media".

You know what her opinion was before she became a victim. You don't know if she had that opinion of illegals as one was stabbing her death.

Decent people protect each other from these types of unnecessary and preventable tragedies

Decent people will respect the families wishes.

Enough! I don’t care about the debate that everyone wants to have. The law will decide whether or not this fool is guilty or not. I couldn't care less about this dude’s status, but apparently, the forum does. My opinion is if he confessed to doing it then what am I missing here? You know what is pretty pathetic that the father of molly “the victim in case anyone forgot” wrote an opinion and I feel bad for the guy who just lost his daughter! If I were the judge, I would make myself entirely clear that this case will not be decided based on any racial tensions or whatever because he admitted to it period end of the story.

How many threads do we need on his absurd position.

There is no disrespect here with advocating that illegal aliens be deported and the laws changed for better enforcement to help prevent tragedies such as this, regardless of his daughters absurd views on the subject.

So him not desiring to have his daughter used as a political pawn in some racist anti-immigrant agenda the Orange Oaf has is an absurd position?

Yes, because of course he should have no say about his daughters memory and how she thought about the Orange Oaf and his anti-immigrant views.

And there may not be an issue with even a bigoted person like the president talking about stopping illegal immigration to make sure nobody gets hurt, except there is no need to misuse this girls memory for a political agenda if that goes against her wishes and her parents wishes.

And his daughters views were not absurd.

You know what her opinion was before she became a victim. You don't know if she had that opinion of illegals as one was stabbing her death.

Her Father stated that he knew his daughters feelings on the matter. I know my daughters opinions on this, now shove off.

So him not desiring to have his daughter used as a political pawn in some racist anti-immigrant agenda the Orange Oaf has is an absurd position?

Yes, because of course he should have no say about his daughters memory and how she thought about the Orange Oaf and his anti-immigrant views.

And there may not be an issue with even a bigoted person like the president talking about stopping illegal immigration to make sure nobody gets hurt, except there is no need to misuse this girls memory for a political agenda if that goes against her wishes and her parents wishes.

And his daughters views were not absurd.
1. You failed when you claimed it is racist; It isn't, so stop lying.
2. He can say what ever he wants, but yes, he has no say in anyone using this as an example to support political agendas, especially as using examples is the norm.

1. You failed when you claimed it is racist; It isn't, so stop lying.
2. He can say what ever he wants, but yes, he has no say in anyone using this as an example to support political agendas, especially as using examples is the norm.

1. that is your opinion, as is my right. You might think it is a lie, it is not. He has proven he is a racist on several times in the past and there is no reason to feel he has changed his views.

2. He can say what he want, he is an inconsiderate a-hole, that is quite obvious. But the girls father has the right to say that he does not want his daughters name and memory misused for some anti-immigrant agenda. He is her father, he has the right to complain about the total lack of respect by that lying loser for his daughters memory.

Decent people will respect the families wishes.
iLOL
Decent people will continue to use it as an example of why we should strengthen our laws regarding illegal aliens.

iLOL
Decent people will continue to use it as an example of why we should strengthen our laws regarding illegal aliens.

Vile people will continue to exploit Mollies death despite her families wishes as those extreme partisans have no concern for anyone or anything but their agenda.

1. that is your opinion, as is my right.
My opinion is your right? Interesting.

You might think it is a lie, it is not. He has proven he is a racist on several times in the past and there is no reason to feel he has changed his views.
As usual, you are wrong.
And he has never been proven to be a racist. All there is is unsupported allegations.

2. He can say what he want, he is an inconsiderate a-hole, that is quite obvious.
Your focus on The President is misplaced. Try reading the article.

But the girls father has the right to say that he does not want his daughters name and memory misused for some anti-immigrant agenda. He is her father, he has the right to complain about the total lack of respect by that lying loser for his daughters memory.
1. No one said he didn't have a right. So stop with the stupid arguments.
2. How do you figure this is about the President? Try reading the article.

3. He has no say in anyone using this as an example to support political agendas, especially as using examples is the norm.

Vile people will continue to exploit Mollies death despite her families wishes as those extreme partisans have no concern for anyone or anything but their agenda.
iLOL
So will decent people.

Trump is a liberal? He’s been the one who ignored the rule of law in dealing with immigration. I as a liberal recognize our country’s rights to deport those here illegally, recognize the legal obligation to allow people to apply for political asylum, and the legal requirement not to return refugees. I also understand that illegal immigration is down, and that liberal Obama deported as many or more as his predecessors of both parties.

Convict this guy if guilty; enforce immigration law. But dont make absurd connections between liberals and the two factors. That’s lynch-mob logic.

Give me a break. Political asylum??? Seriously? You know how many people on tourists visa's come here and apply to become a refugee?

What an insult to actual people who are actually refugee's.

Precisely this. You can debate illegal immigration all you want, but leave her name out of your mouth when you do it.

Obviously, the family is hurting, so I understand that however, Mollie Tibbett is not a copyrighted or patented name. I can say her name as many times I please.

Obviously, the family is hurting, so I understand that however, Mollie Tibbett is not a copyrighted or patented name. I can say her name as many times I please.

You can ignore her families request and continue to exploit her death and show that you have no concern for anyone (including Mollie) but your agenda. Yes. Yes you can.

The thread is about what you should do. Not what you can do.
Can you understand that? Or should you.

Since there has been no attempt by anyone in the legitimate media that I've seen, to use this tragedy to advance racist viewpoints, I'd say this man is using his daughters death to advance his own political agenda by attempting to silence anyone who would dare point out facts that don't bode well for his beliefs concerning US immigration policy.

Since there has been no attempt by anyone in the legitimate media that I've seen, to use this tragedy to advance racist viewpoints, I'd say this man is using his daughters death to advance his own political agenda by attempting to silence anyone who would dare point out facts that don't bode well for his beliefs concerning US immigration policy.

You mean his agenda not to have his daughters death misused by politicians? That is not a political agenda, that is a personal agenda.

How many Canadian illegals are there?

Estimates are that 40-50% of “illegals” are visa overstayers, which includes several nationalities, among which are Canadians, one presumes. I believe stats showed that illegal immigration from Mexico was down when Trump made his rapist statement.

Rather than me, who blathers on this site, you would be better advised to ask Trump his main source for his facts. (Hint: he sits on it.) He offered no proof, referred to no study, and he was running for president for Chrissakes!

Do Central Americans rape more than Mexicans? Within that group, Hondurans more than Guatemalans? There is more evidence out there that Trump is inclined towards rape.

This was a bigoted attack by Trump, demonizing “the other,” in keeping with his record with respect to blacks and Muslims.

You can ignore her families request and continue to exploit her death and show that you have no concern for anyone (including Mollie) but your agenda. Yes. Yes you can.

My agenda is stop people who shouldn't be here, to begin with from committing crimes.

Wanting illegal immigrants out of this country is not racist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom