• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi considers firing squad as method of execution

Seeing as the south went to war to try and keep their slaves, it's not propaganda at all.

The United States government faked the Gulf of Tonkin Incident to justify the slaughter of 58,000 Americans and millions of Vietnamese. Do you take personal responsibility for that? You're from the USA, correct? Surely, you're somehow directly responsible for that atrocity.

The United States government faked the Gulf of Tonkin Incident to justify the slaughter of 58,000 Americans and millions of Vietnamese. Do you take personal responsibility for that? You're from the USA, correct? Surely, you're somehow directly responsible for that atrocity.

Gee buddy, which part? You do realize there were two incidents, right?

It's been confirmed that the attack on August 2 did occur, but the general consensus is that the one on August 4 was instead a case of shooting at ghosts by overwater crewmen. That's not in line with your claim that it was "faked".

Your attempt to defend the Confederacy by bringing up the Vietnam War is ineffective at best.

Your attempt to defend the Confederacy by bringing up the Vietnam War is ineffective at best.

Your argument has been consistent in blaming current, living Southerners for slavery. If I'm responsible for what the CSA did in 1861, then surely you can be held accountable and blamed for what your own government did a mere 50 years ago.

Your argument has been consistent in blaming current, living Southerners for slavery. If I'm responsible for what the CSA did in 1861, then surely you can be held accountable and blamed for what your own government did a mere 50 years ago.

Considering the fact that current, living southerners still fly the confederate flag, of course I can blame them. They are showing support for a treasonous, racist regime which deserved everything it got.

And what exactly did the US government do?

By the way, the president at the time of the Gulf of Tonkin incidents was LBJ.

Guess where he was from.

Your attempt has backfired seriously.

Actually, the right is trying to rewrite history and claim that modern democrats were responsible for slavery.

Considering the fact that current, living southerners still fly the confederate flag, of course I can blame them. They are showing support for a treasonous, racist regime which deserved everything it got.

So, do you still respect the US flag after all the worldwide atrocities committed by your federal government? You must not care much about native americans, and I find that terribly racist.

Keep flying your US flag proudly, American hero.

So, do you still respect the US flag after all the worldwide atrocities committed by your federal government? You must not care much about native americans, and I find that terribly racist.

Keep flying your US flag proudly, American hero.
Speaking of those Native Americans, how about those Cherokee? You know, the guys who used to live in Georgia, Alabama and the Carolinas? Hmm......

Or the Seminoles down in Florida, for that matter?

Give it up buddy. You are never going to able to excuse the treason and horrific behavior of the Confederacy. Especially not the way you've been trying to do it.

Speaking of those Native Americans, how about those Cherokee? You know, the guys who used to live in Georgia, Alabama and the Carolinas? Hmm......

Or the Seminoles down in Florida, for that matter?

The United States government did that. While flying the US flag. The one you still seemingly enjoy as your banner.

The United States government did that. While flying the US flag. The one you still seemingly enjoy as your banner.

The US government......which was controlled by southern interests at the time. As it was up until Lincoln.

Learn some history dude.

Maybe, but the fact remains that it was the Republican Party which was the party of Lincoln--the one which championed the liberation of blacks--while the Democratic Party was busy doing all it could to hold them down. And Southern Democrats continued to do that well into the 20th century.

And the Southern Democrats switched to Republican after the Civil Rights Act...and Black Southern Republicans switched to Democrat...but that always seems to get ignored in the right wing narrative..which is little more than a deceitful and a lame attempt to rewrite history.

The South was far right conservative christian back then and still are today. The only difference is that today they don't lynch people with a rope..because it's not PC...instead they lynch them on the internet and social media.

We're just a "Flyover State" right? No one in flyover country surely has any say in anything.

How's that turning out for you?

Nah, MS isn't even worthy of being flyover territory, and for the most part it's not. It's like flying around Russia - there's not much worthwhile that it stands in the way of, but if god forbid you do need to visit Kazakhstan or Texas, you should go around to avoid the trigger happy crazies

It's working just for me, thanks for asking. After all, i'm not stuck in the state that's dead last in everything

Mississippi lawmakers are advancing a proposal to add firing squad, electrocution and gas chamber as execution methods in case a court blocks the use of lethal injection drugs.

Republican Rep. Andy Gipson says House Bill 638 is a response to lawsuits by "liberal, left-wing radicals."

The bill passed the House amid opposition Wednesday, and moves to the Senate.
Mississippi considers firing squad as method of execution - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

I consider this is a move in the right direction...

Any state as poor as Mississippi, who look to Republicans to improve their wealth, needs to reevaluate their entire agenda.

Honey, the south lost the war....get over it.

The war was fought for both good and bad reasons. I'm glad the slaves were freed, but we lost the effectiveness of the 10th amendment in that war.

Seeing as the south went to war to try and keep their slaves, it's not propaganda at all.

It was more than that, and that isn't what my post was about. My point is democrats are still the party of racism. Not republicans. They are the ones always race-baiting. Always pointing pushing to help the lesser person. Minorities are not lesser people, but that's how democrats treat them.

It was more than that, and that isn't what my post was about. My point is democrats are still the party of racism. Not republicans. They are the ones always race-baiting. Always pointing pushing to help the lesser person. Minorities are not lesser people, but that's how democrats treat them.

It was not more than that. The entire point of the Confederacy was the preservation of slavery.

No, there was more than that. It wasn't only slavery.

The confederacy's cause was entirely based on slavery. Hell, everything in the antebellum south came back to slavery and keeping African Americans from having equal rights. The "states rights" they loved to preach about came down to one very specific "right"--- the "states right" to continue slavery.

Dixiecrats may have changed their party but they didn't change what they really are. They're still the same racist bigots they always were.

And most of them went right back to the democrat party.

I think Mississippi is more republican now, lynching were a democrat tool!

Mississippi conservatives were Democrats because Lincoln was a Republican.

Nah, MS isn't even worthy of being flyover territory

Yet, you're commenting in this thread about Mississippi. It seems that if we're not worthy of anything, you wouldn't waste your time reading and commenting and arguing about people that don't matter.

And the Southern Democrats switched to Republican after the Civil Rights Act...and Black Southern Republicans switched to Democrat...but that always seems to get ignored in the right wing narrative..which is little more than a deceitful and a lame attempt to rewrite history.

The South was far right conservative christian back then and still are today. The only difference is that today they don't lynch people with a rope..because it's not PC...instead they lynch them on the internet and social media.

Your lame attempt to rewrite history is not convincing. It was the Democratic Party which--for a century--led the drive to keep black Americans down through "black codes," antimiscegenation laws, laws aimed at weakening the votes of blacks, and so on. Even in the 1930's, Democratic politicians in the South sought to help white members of labor unions by passing laws which excluded blacks, who were willing to work cheaper, from construction jobs.

Your lame attempt to rewrite history is not convincing. It was the Democratic Party which--for a century--led the drive to keep black Americans down through "black codes," antimiscegenation laws, laws aimed at weakening the votes of blacks, and so on. Even in the 1930's, Democratic politicians in the South sought to help white members of labor unions by passing laws which excluded blacks, who were willing to work cheaper, from construction jobs.

Thats right...and the Democrats of the South were right wing conservatives....just like you.

See the Solid South

Yet, you're commenting in this thread about Mississippi. It seems that if we're not worthy of anything, you wouldn't waste your time reading and commenting and arguing about people that don't matter.

it is worthy of one thing - condemnation. Intolerance anywhere is intolerance everywhere, something something

Back
Top Bottom