• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi considers firing squad as method of execution

Mississippi is a blast from the past. I'm surprised they didn't add lynching to their proposal.

Don't give them any ideas. Some states I believe still has that on the books.

Dixiecrats may have changed their party but they didn't change what they really are. They're still the same racist bigots they always were.

That's right.

Repeat the propaganda.

I think a shot in the back of the neck might be quicker and more certain.
Why one would want to kill these guys is more than I can fathom, however.

That requires the person carrying out the sentence, knowing he killed someone.

I'm pretty sure that in a modern firing squad, only one or two marksmen have a real bullet. The rest use blanks, and they use a dozen or so marksman.

How many people would take a job that required you to do that type of an execution style killing?

I don't believe in the death penalty, period.

how many have there been that have been sentenced, that were then later found to be not guilty of the crime for which they were convicted?
One executed person wrongly convicted that was innocent is too many.

The Innocence Project along with DNA technology has proven the flaws of the criminal injustice racquet ........

OK, I was kidding; I believe in the death penalty.
Let's just kill everyone & then after we find out they're innocent we will just go dig them up & do some CPR :roll:

Life isn't fair. I understand your concerns, but think the death penalty should be used on all major first degree crimes.

If a person cannot be civil in society, then remove them from the equation.

actually if you notice, the less racist the south becomes, the more republican it becomes.

So true.

It's the democrats that are racists, and don't even realize it. They believe in all the "equal rights legislation," that at the heart, says we need to help minorities because that aren't as good as whites.

That is racism!

Yes, the Gilmore execution was all over the media ....but it was never televised.
I sure think they showed it on the news, and there was no real media distribution in 77, other than the news.

Do you know what the US did to traitors in the 1700's?

They made them president.

Your support of treason noted and dismissed. You know what we did to traitors in 1864?

We sent General Sherman and his boys ripping straight through the gut of the south and ripped Georgia and the Carolinias a new one.

Your support of treason noted and dismissed. You know what we did to traitors in 1864?

We sent General Sherman and his boys ripping straight through the gut of the south and ripped Georgia and the Carolinias a new one.

I've always thought it treasonous that some people claiming to defend the Constitution would rape and kill civilians and burn down their houses.

I've always thought it treasonous that some people claiming to defend the Constitution would rape and kill civilians and burn down their houses.

Oh really? Gee, maybe those civillians shouldn't have been, you know, ****ing shooting at Sherman's troops. And under the laws of war, there's no obligation to take francs-tireaurs prisoner.

Hell, if they hadn't betrayed the United States because they wanted to keep owning human beings, they wouldn't have had to worry about Sherman's troops.

And burning people's property! The horror! :roll:

There's nothing "traitorous" about torching a traitor's house. The fact that you can say that with a straight face says a lot, actually.

Oh really? Gee, maybe those civillians shouldn't have been, you know, ****ing shooting at Sherman's troops. And under the laws of war, there's no obligation to take francs-tireaurs prisoner.

Hell, if they hadn't betrayed the United States because they wanted to keep owning human beings, they wouldn't have had to worry about Sherman's troops.

And burning people's property! The horror! :roll:

There's nothing "traitorous" about torching a traitor's house. The fact that you can say that with a straight face says a lot, actually.

The asshole attacked civilians in order to win a war. He fought like a ****ing asshole and should have been court-martialed for it.

The asshole attacked civilians in order to win a war. He fought like a ****ing asshole and should have been court-martialed for it.

No Henrin, he fought like a ****ing genius. His campaign was absolutely brilliant. He launched a massive offensive deep into enemy territory and dealt the Confederacy a number of serious blows.

He actually was VERY lenient on a traitorous population who routinely sniped at his troops

He actually was VERY lenient on a traitorous population who routinely sniped at his troops

This country exists because of a traitorous population that sniped at King George's troops.

No Henrin, he fought like a ****ing genius. His campaign was absolutely brilliant. He launched a massive offensive deep into enemy territory and dealt the Confederacy a number of serious blows.

No. You don't attack civilians in war, period. If I was in charge I would have made sure he lived the rest of his life in prison.

This country exists because of a traitorous population that sniped at King George's troops.

Ah, but that was a different story entirely. The American Revolutionaries were fighting for a number of reasons; none of which including being able to continue owning other human beings.

Even the slave owning founding fathers found slavery disgusting.

Unlike, of course, the confederacy, which was founded on the idea of holding onto slavery.

No. You don't attack civilians in war, period. If I was in charge I would have made sure he lived the rest of his life in prison.

Good thing nobody put you in charge. But then again, if you had been alive back then nobody would have cared what you wanted. You'd be the one in prison.

Civilians who shoot at troops and aid the enemy cease to be civillians. Would you suggest treating the Volksgrenadier units of Nazi Germany as civillians?

Good thing nobody put you in charge. But then again, if you had been alive back then nobody would have cared what you wanted. You'd be the one in prison.

Civilians who shoot at troops and aid the enemy cease to be civillians. Would you suggest treating the Volksgrenadier units of Nazi Germany as civillians?

I already made my argument very clear. You DO NOT attack civilians, period. If the north had any honor they would have sentenced him for what he did.

I already made my argument very clear. You DO NOT attack civilians, period. If the north had any honor they would have sentenced him for what he did.

"Honor" my ass. This is war. Nothing Sherman did was outside of the laws of war.

"Honor" my ass. This is war. Nothing Sherman did was outside of the laws of war.
Except looting, murder, arson and rape.

Please, tell us more about your version of Yankee morality.

Except looting, murder, arson and rape.

Please, tell us more about your version of Yankee morality.

"Murder"

Gee buddy, I didn't realize they taught you down south that when the village idiot takes potshots at the Yankees and gets himself killed, it's "murder".

"Arson and looting"

Yep. And proud of it. Shoe pinches when it's on the other foot don't it?

Y'all have no problem with rape, or arson, or looting when you are the ones doing it to poor innocent African Americans, but when it's retuned to you tenfold--- as a consequence of your action--- you start squealing like stuck pigs.

"Murder"

Gee buddy, I didn't realize they taught you down south that when the village idiot takes potshots at the Yankees and gets himself killed, it's "murder".

"Arson and looting"

Yep. And proud of it. Shoe pinches when it's on the other foot don't it?

Y'all have no problem with rape, or arson, or looting when you are the ones doing it to poor innocent African Americans, but when it's retuned to you tenfold--- as a consequence of your action--- you start squealing like stuck pigs.

So, two wrongs do make a right after all then. Good to know

And what will they do when courts, like almost the entire rest of the world, blocks those methods too?

Sorry to break it to them, but they have no say in anything. That's what happens when you're so regressive that anyone worthwhile doesn't want to live there - dead 50th last in every category

i generally agree, but southerners at that time were by and large as bad as any jew hating german, when those cities were bombed. Fully 1/20 were slavers and the other 19/20 aspired to be

So, two wrongs do make a right after all then. Good to know

The means justify the end. And considering the fact that Sherman's campaign ended after the war, while certain elements of the southern populace(read: the vast majority) continued to terrorize African Americans for the next hundred years.

Sorry to break it to them, but they have no say in anything. That's what happens when you're so regressive that anyone worthwhile doesn't want to live there - dead 50th last in every category

We're just a "Flyover State" right? No one in flyover country surely has any say in anything.

How's that turning out for you?

Back
Top Bottom