• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minority Leader Schumer Knowingly Lies About Trump/Russia

That has nothing to do with this statement which I have been repeatedly asking for evidence of

So where is proof of that?

Well, since I didn't say that, I guess you are sol.

And still no evidence from the Trump apologists.

The posts I have made here are all related to my post #6 in which I explained why it is beyond stupid to obsess on the claim that 'Trump was not under investigation'.

I was informed that Schumer said something and I asked for proof of his statement. And despite Trump apologists like yourself taking issue with me, nobody has been able to supply it.

Here is what you earlier told me

Quote Originally Posted by holbritter View Post
Then move on and don't engage. My main point was media bias. Everyone else seems to be up to date regarding Schumer's statements.

and this

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
You are pretty good at mental gymnastics and contortions. But the fact is, Schumer said "President Donald Trump" is under investigation for colluding with the Russians.

You seem to have no problem with this claim .... So bring me up to date and show me the proof that Schumer said what is claimed he said.

My position is a rather simple one that needs no rephrasing - no interpretation - no restating - no other words - no translation - and no reformation. When one says TRUMP - it can refer to all the things I previously listed. And when one says TRUMP is being investigated, it can mean any of those things without meaning all or some other of those things.

You're spin is understood, and very clear. Unnecessary to explain it any further.

:spin: :spin: :spin:

Where's the MSM's outrage on this? Why wasn't/isn't a constant leading story on the news? I do not and will not trust the media to tell us everything, without bias, regardless of network.

Oh, and Schumer should be ousted for his part.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) has blasted Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) for knowingly lying about Trump being under investigation for ties to Russia.

Grassley, in a statement delivered to the Senate Floor, stated that way back in March, then-FBI Director James Comey told him and seven other Senate and House members, including Schumer, that President Donald Trump was not under investigation.

Schumer, however, continued to lie to the media, telling them the President was under investigation.

“That helped feed the media hysteria,” said Grassley.

“The Minority Leader even tried to say that the Senate shouldn’t vote on the Supreme Court nomination because the president was under investigation. And the whole time, he knew it wasn’t true.”

As an example, Schumer told reporters on March 21, “there is a cloud now hanging over the head of the president, and while that’s happening, to have a lifetime appointment made by this president seems very unseemly and there ought to be a delay.” Media hysteria ensued.

“Countless media articles falsely claimed the president was under investigation for colluding with Russia,” Grassley said in his statement.

“Over and over again, the media published selective leaks. They published classified half-truths. All this was used to make false allegations of sinister conduct by the president. And a lot of people believed it.”

“After a year of the entire might of the U.S. intelligence community and the FBI looking for evidence of collusion with the Russians, where is it?” he asked.

“Unfortunately, now it looks like Mr. Comey and the media might be doing the same thing to Attorney General Sessions.”

“Here we go again. The rumor mill is back in business. It’s insinuating improper ties with Russians and undermining people’s faith in another senior government official,” said Grassley on the current media hysteria over Jeff Sessions due to Comey suggesting that the FBI knew something about the Attorney General that they couldn’t disclose publically.

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/06/chuck-schumer-trump-russia-lie/

Oh look, Elizabeth Warren caught lying about Trump being under investigation.

And still no evidence from the Trump apologists.

The posts I have made here are all related to my post #6 in which I explained why it is beyond stupid to obsess on the claim that 'Trump was not under investigation'.

I was informed that Schumer said something and I asked for proof of his statement. And despite Trump apologists like yourself taking issue with me, nobody has been able to supply it.

There is plenty of evidence. By no means is the "Russian cloud" going away anytime soon.

5 times the Trump circle denied they had any contact with the Russians during the campaign season.
http://https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/15/4-times-donald-trumps-team-denied-contact-with-russia/?utm_term=.5389e50f81f6

Only after Flynn got caught for lying to the FBI (which is a Felony) and only after was Jeff Sessions was accused of lying under oath did Trump surrogates come forward and admit that they had contact with the Russian ambassador. At the RNC convention where they were writing Foreign policy with the Russian ambassador and installed in the platform--that we would "not arm the Ukranians against pro Russian separatists." Now that's very odd they would do that in the middle of a campaign season and long before they were even close to winning an election.
More Trump advisers disclose meeting with Russia's ambassador - CNNPolitics.com

July, or during the same time period as the RNC Convention was when Comey testified that the Russian investigation started.
Comey: FBI launched Trump-Russia probe in July - POLITICO

Shep Smith in this 8 minute video explains that Trump surrogates were not only on the phone with the Russian Ambassador but with Russian intelligence agencies including the very day that the DNC databases were getting hacked into.
https://youtu.be/RKjK2fiZLVA

Last edited:
It is the job, the responsibility, the duty of the person making to the claim to substantiate it. I have no responsibility to do so beyond checking the OP and the article contained in it - which did NOT contain the alleged quote.

So apparently you have no responsibility or desire to know the truth. I've already offered a link which demonstrates Schumer said the exact thing the OP claims, and says it twice. You can purposely avoid it, but it remains despite your avoidance of the truth.

We know that Michael Flynn is currently under criminal investigation and we also know that Trump is now under investigation for Obstruction of Justice.
http://http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/lindsey-graham-russia-probe-now-a-criminal-investigation/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...er625pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.b28a107f9e5e

Here is an 8 minute FOX News Video--where Shep Smith discloses that Trump surrogates were not only on the phone with the Russian ambassador but with Russian intelligence agents including the very day that Russia was hacking into DNC databases.
https://youtu.be/-TfqTHlMszA

This while the Trump administration previously denied that any of their surrogates had any contact with Russians during the campaign season.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-contact-with-russia/?utm_term=.d51be345e985

It's really not looking good. In fact James Clapper stated this is much worse than Watergate.
James Clapper says Watergate scandal "pales" in comparison with Russian claims - CBS News

Supply some evidence. I'm familiar with the rumors.

I will challenge undocumented and unsupported claims whenever they are made and I see fit.
So if I were to look through your posting history i would find you frequently lambasting the MSM for relying on "anonymous sources" at an unprecedented rate for the past 7 months?

You're spin is understood, and very clear. Unnecessary to explain it any further.

:spin: :spin: :spin:

spin???? Most people call it reality. :doh:roll:

So apparently you have no responsibility or desire to know the truth. I've already offered a link which demonstrates Schumer said the exact thing the OP claims, and says it twice. You can purposely avoid it, but it remains despite your avoidance of the truth.

in which post did you claim to have done this?

So if I were to look through your posting history i would find you frequently lambasting the MSM for relying on "anonymous sources" at an unprecedented rate for the past 7 months?

You are confusing two very very different things.

People here who make claims of fact have every responsibility to support it when challenged.

Professional journalists use sources which to them ARE NOT ANONYMOUS but know to them and have credibility with them. They are simply not revealed in the story because of various concerns that are well known. Professional journalists have functioned this way for a very long time going back more than a century and if they did not operate this way scandals like Watergate would not have been revealed.

Two different things.

As Robert DeNiro said in THE DEERHUNTER.... "this is this, this isn't something else, this is this."

in which post did you claim to have done this?

I don't claim to have done it. I did it. It's post #19, which you clearly didn't read because it offers a link to - gasp! - National Review. Quotes and videos, Hay. Quotes and videos.

I don't claim to have done it. I did it. It's post #19, which you clearly didn't read because it offers a link to - gasp! - National Review. Quotes and videos, Hay. Quotes and videos.

I read that link. I do not see the quote from Schumer as some have claimed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
You are pretty good at mental gymnastics and contortions. But the fact is, Schumer said "President Donald Trump" is under investigation for colluding with the Russians.

Perhaps you can provide the exact quote just to clear things up?

I will be gone until Wednesday evening so you have some time. Thank you.

I read that link. I do not see the quote from Schumer as some have claimed here.

Perhaps a re-reading and viewing is in order for you.

No, I believe the quotes offered are sufficient to substantiate the claim that Schumer was lying. Objective and reasonable people will easily arrive at that conclusion.

Perhaps you should re-read the thing, or maybe your vision needs a check.

I believe it's clear that Schumer lied as the video shows, so it's not necessary to clear things up... Say Hay, you weren't a tap dancer at some point in your life, or maybe in a previous incarnation, were you?

You are confusing two very very different things.

People here who make claims of fact have every responsibility to support it when challenged.

Professional journalists use sources which to them ARE NOT ANONYMOUS but know to them and have credibility with them. They are simply not revealed in the story because of various concerns that are well known. Professional journalists have functioned this way for a very long time going back more than a century and if they did not operate this way scandals like Watergate would not have been revealed.

Two different things.

As Robert DeNiro said in THE DEERHUNTER.... "this is this, this isn't something else, this is this."

An anonymous source in the FBI has told me that James Comey is conspiring with Mueller to sabotage the Trump campaign.

And Watergate is very different than the shoddy journalism of today. Maybe you should follow your own quote more carefully.

Where's the MSM's outrage on this? Why wasn't/isn't a constant leading story on the news? I do not and will not trust the media to tell us everything, without bias, regardless of network.
Oh, and Schumer should be ousted for his part.

OK, let's check you to see if you're trustworthy, and if you are actually the one we should hold to account.

You claim that Schumer lied, why did you not quote him? Please quote what you claim is a lie, so we can see if you're just towing Right wing propaganda, or if you have a point.

Because the only quote I found in your linking to right wing propoganda, is this:
As an example, Schumer told reporters on March 21, “there is a cloud now hanging over the head of the president, and while that’s happening, to have a lifetime appointment made by this president seems very unseemly and there ought to be a delay.” Media hysteria ensued.

Which is 100% true.

So it looks right now like you, and your source, are the only liars. But that's based on current evidence, I'd love to see it and hold his feet to the fire if he did.

FFS, the thread is about the biased media. Find your own link.
Seems odd as hell that you put forth an OP assertion regarding Schumer yet can offer no substantiation.

OK, let's check you to see if you're trustworthy, and if you are actually the one we should hold to account.

You claim that Schumer lied, why did you not quote him? Please quote what you claim is a lie, so we can see if you're just towing Right wing propaganda, or if you have a point.

Because the only quote I found in your linking to right wing propoganda, is this:

Which is 100% true.

So it looks right now like you, and your source, are the only liars. But that's based on current evidence, I'd love to see it and hold his feet to the fire if he did.
Exactly. Some folks don't quite seem to understand how assertion and verification works.

So, let me understand this. Trump can lie endlessly and repeatedly, with no consequence nor pay a price, but if someone else says anything remotely untrue, they should be sanctioned?

So, let me understand this. Trump can lie endlessly and repeatedly, with no consequence nor pay a price, but if someone else says anything remotely untrue, they should be sanctioned?

I give up. You guys keep going on about Trump lying, etc. I'm concerned about the bias in the media right now. And since you haven't heard it on your favorite news show, it's not true. Which is exactly my point, that people don't hear everything because the media is biased. Period.

Back
Top Bottom