• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Bennett says Las Vegas cops threatened to “blow my f—ing head off”

Or the BS the cops made up?

So how easy that is.
iLOL Doh!
What bs would that be?

The only story we have been going on is his and the video you provided does not support what he stated.
So again. It only confirms he was arrested, not all the other bs he likely made up.

iLOL Doh!
What bs would that be?

The only story we have been going on is his and the video you provided does not support what he stated.
So again. It only confirms he was arrested, not all the other bs he likely made up.

What BS are you referring to?

And why is it likely he made **** up?

Oh wait. He's black. Never mind.

What BS are you referring to?

And why is it likely he made **** up?

Oh wait. He's black. Never mind.
1. Funny how you are ignoring that your previous assertion was completely stupid. Figures.

2. The wording used was; "... not all the other bs he likely made up."
That is a statement of likelihood, or if you wish, possibility.
And yeah, it is likely made up bs.

There is nothing that confirms the rest of what he said is there? Why golly gee, no there isn't.

Nothing exists to confirm his claims.

for doing nothing more than simply being a black man in the wrong place at the wrong time

jammed his knee into my back making it difficult for me to breath

cinched the handcuffs on my wrists so tight that my fingers went numb

Excessive use of force
The first is likely exaggerated nonsense as such claims usually are.

Two and and four. More bs. Routine and not excessive regardless if it momentarily makes it difficult to breath.

Cuffs are usually adjusted and locked so as to not cause that though it may occur even if adjusted properly, but it is not excessive.

Guys, guys, guys....

He has to be 100% correct and his version of the story and claims of motive has to be correct. He's a seahawk. That makes it true.

Now, of course, if this was a Patriot player and other posters just immediately assumed the players words were 100% gospel truth, I'm sure atop Cat would totally respond the same way :Roll:

The Bennett brothers have both been outspoken and prone to push agendas. His side of events may be accurate, or it may be biased and inaccurate in ways. Without additional information, absolutely can't make any kind of judgement other than it's a crappy unfortunate situation that thankfully was resolved seemingly correctly in the end.

Guys, guys, guys....

He has to be 100% correct and his version of the story and claims of motive has to be correct. He's a seahawk. That makes it true.

Now, of course, if this was a Patriot player and other posters just immediately assumed the players words were 100% gospel truth, I'm sure atop Cat would totally respond the same way :Roll:

The Bennett brothers have both been outspoken and prone to push agendas. His side of events may be accurate, or it may be biased and inaccurate in ways. Without additional information, absolutely can't make any kind of judgement other than it's a crappy unfortunate situation that thankfully was resolved seemingly correctly in the end.

Riiiiiight. How bout those skins? :lamo

Thank goodness Michael Bennett is still alive.

This is an extremely serious and pressing issue and Bennett's situation should be investigated fully.

Those automatically dismissing Bennett's story, lack a sense of reality. Black Americans are more likely to be brutalized by police officers than White Americans. This isn't a theory, it's a fact.

The video is available. You see proof of the police brutalizing an innocent black man. When Rodney King was brutalized, many white people were still blaming Rodney King even after watching the video evidence.

Even after watching the video, if you can't see reality, you are either purposely living in denial or support this unequal power structure.

Last edited:
Ask yourself, when a black man talks about police brutality or racism, why is it that some want to automatically side with the police and dismiss the black victim's testimony?

I don't think it's denial, but deep seeded racism still in the heart of many white Americans. That privilege that White's held for so long is being evaporated. Siding with the police gives whites a feeling of raw dominance they once had.

Thank goodness Michael Bennett is still alive.

This is an extremely serious and pressing issue and Bennett's situation should be investigated fully.

Those automatically dismissing Bennett's story, lack a sense of reality. Black Americans are more likely to be brutalized by police officers than White Americans. This isn't a theory, it's a fact.

The video is available. You see proof of the police brutalizing an innocent black man. When Rodney King was brutalized, many white people were still blaming Rodney King even after watching the video evidence.

Even after watching the video, if you can't see reality, you are either purposely living in denial or support this unequal power structure.

Lets see how a white football player is treated when he runs from the cops

So basically, if you're black and someone else starts shooting off a gun, do not run for your life. It confuses the police, their initial instincts are to hone in on the black guy running as the likely suspect. Which isn't racist, because only stupid people think cops are prejudice. So black people do your part, if someone starts firing in a large crowd calmly lay down face first on the ground and put your hands on the back of your head. This way the police can quickly apprehend you, and waste less time identifying the actual shooter.

And don't worry if you're laying on the ground with your hands on your head, they probably won't beat the **** out of you and then charge you with resisting. No promises though.

Basically dont hide behind slot machines then take off running when the cops see you

Bennett was arrested because officers who were sweeping the hotel found him crouched behind a slot machine. Bennett then allegedly ran out a backdoor when he saw them and jumped over a wall onto Flamingo Road where he the arrest was made.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nfl-s-michael-bennett-says-police-threatened-blow-my-f-n799276

Not racism just stupid decisions made by Bennett

How many others that were also fleeing were detained?

I have no idea and neither does Bennett. My understanding (from ESPN's reporting of the police's version) is that Bennett, after hearing shots fired, hid behind a slot machine for some time and only fled (ran away) when police later arrived to investigate. That gave the police the impression that Bennett was fleeing the arrival of police rather than the initial gunshots. He was detained for about 10 minutes.

How many others that were also fleeing were detained?

can't tell from that video. oohhh you are making it a race thing.

apparently he may have actually ran from the police.

You and your ilk are so disgustingly turgid to turn everything into a race issue that you cheapen the actual real issues of police misuse of force.

Basically dont hide behind slot machines then take off running when the cops see you

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nfl-s-michael-bennett-says-police-threatened-blow-my-f-n799276

Not racism just stupid decisions made by Bennett

So let me get this straight, what sounds like gunshots go off, the crowd panics and starts fleeing. Police start a sweep, and are allegedly telling people to get out. He's hiding behind a slot machine, and runs.

If you hear what you think are gunshots, are you going to take cover?

If the crowd is fleeing, and you have no reason to think that the police should suspect you, would you not flee as well?

Why was he singled out? Because he acted like a rational person in a potentially dangerous situation?

Why should anyone ever believe the police's official statement? They are a political organization, and will always make a statement showing themselves in the best possible light. They are under no obligation to ever tell the truth to the public. I can show you many videos officers committing a crime, and the resulting statement differing from what the video shows.

You may accept whatever story the police try to float every time as complete truth, but I know better. They will cover their own asses, no matter what. Even if it means fudging when they saw him run out, either with the crowd, or later during their sweep. Or by leaving out the fact they were calling for everyone to exit the building. And just happened to find him suspicious, for reasons.

The usual scenario.. Blame police with out all the information needed to make a determination
of what actually happened. The police officers just have to be guilty! Condition normal

So let me get this straight, what sounds like gunshots go off, the crowd panics and starts fleeing. Police start a sweep, and are allegedly telling people to get out. He's hiding behind a slot machine, and runs.

If you hear what you think are gunshots, are you going to take cover?

If the crowd is fleeing, and you have no reason to think that the police should suspect you, would you not flee as well?

Why was he singled out? Because he acted like a rational person in a potentially dangerous situation?

Why should anyone ever believe the police's official statement? They are a political organization, and will always make a statement showing themselves in the best possible light. They are under no obligation to ever tell the truth to the public. I can show you many videos officers committing a crime, and the resulting statement differing from what the video shows.

You may accept whatever story the police try to float every time as complete truth, but I know better. They will cover their own asses, no matter what. Even if it means fudging when they saw him run out, either with the crowd, or later during their sweep. Or by leaving out the fact they were calling for everyone to exit the building. And just happened to find him suspicious, for reasons.

Probably because there is video.....

The usual scenario.. Blame police with out all the information needed to make a determination
of what actually happened. The police officers just have to be guilty! Condition normal

The norm for the longest time was that the police were all upstanding good people just doing their jobs, at least that was the perspective of affluent america. Now that we have video cameras all over, it makes sense to question the questionable practices PO have been doing for decades. Not in order to persecute them, or to condemn them, but to make them a better at their jobs:serving the community at large.

Probably because there is video.....

Can you provide said video?

And what exactly is on this video, does it clearly show officers instructing others to exit the building?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you one of the posters who repeatedly claim that video doesn't show the whole situation whenever a cop shoots an unarmed man and it's caught on a by standards camera?

Color me shocked, shocked, that you've suddenly flip flopped and now consider video credible when it might exonerate officers. And hey, I hope it does, nobody wants to see law enforcement misuse force. That's why we all freak out when it appears there is a possibility of misuse of force has occurred. But, let's be honest, police nationwide are in no position to expect the benefit of the doubt. They've been caught in to many cover ups, to many lies, and to many incidents to automatically assume their account is more credible than the suspect, victim, witness, or what have you.

Can you provide said video?

And what exactly is on this video, does it clearly show officers instructing others to exit the building?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you one of the posters who repeatedly claim that video doesn't show the whole situation whenever a cop shoots an unarmed man and it's caught on a by standards camera?

Color me shocked, shocked, that you've suddenly flip flopped and now consider video credible when it might exonerate officers. And hey, I hope it does, nobody wants to see law enforcement misuse force. That's why we all freak out when it appears there is a possibility of misuse of force has occurred. But, let's be honest, police nationwide are in no position to expect the benefit of the doubt. They've been caught in to many cover ups, to many lies, and to many incidents to automatically assume their account is more credible than the suspect, victim, witness, or what have you.

Post #37

You are incorrect. I am the one who believes in demilitarization of police. I believe there are good cops and bad cops and cops that protect or don't act to stop bad cops are not good cops.

I believe strongly in reforming the police and requiring for every hr of "tacticool" training they do, they need 10 hrs of "de-escalation training" first.

The problem is, many of you freak out, and scream racism before logically viewing all the evidence. in this case. even after tackling the guy, no excessive force was used here. it was a proper detainment, whether it was the right or wrong guy. Split decision, what if it was the gunman. under these circumstances, I have no problem with how this went down.

Are you going to suggest in the middle of a percieved active shooter scenario police looked for a back guy to rough up?

Huh...I don't understand this at all. I thought that if a Black man applied himself, worked hard, and pulled himself up by the bootstraps, this kind of thing wasn't supposed to happen! WTF?

:roll:

Huh...I don't understand this at all. I thought that if a Black man applied himself, worked hard, and pulled himself up by the bootstraps, this kind of thing wasn't supposed to happen! WTF?

:roll:

What evidence do you have that during this suspected active shooter incident that they targeted this guy because of his color?

Your assumptions are just as bad and do as much damage to race relations as actual racists do. It's abhorrent. While there are real issues, creating fake ones dilute the real.

Post #37

You are incorrect. I am the one who believes in demilitarization of police. I believe there are good cops and bad cops and cops that protect or don't act to stop bad cops are not good cops.

I believe strongly in reforming the police and requiring for every hr of "tacticool" training they do, they need 10 hrs of "de-escalation training" first.

The problem is, many of you freak out, and scream racism before logically viewing all the evidence. in this case. even after tackling the guy, no excessive force was used here. it was a proper detainment, whether it was the right or wrong guy. Split decision, what if it was the gunman. under these circumstances, I have no problem with how this went down.

Are you going to suggest in the middle of a percieved active shooter scenario police looked for a back guy to rough up?

What exactly do you think that video shows?

I'm suggesting, that in the middle of an active shooter scenario they encountered a panicked man, who acted out of fear for his life, and took that panic as suspicious. Which they often do, which often leads them to escalate a situation in which they in turn become panicked because they fear for their life. And because of how they are trained to profile, they are more likely to fear for their life if the suspect is a black male. Which leads them to make mistakes, like the detaining officer not turning on their body cam, which the video you referenced clearly stated was the case. And anytime I see an active shooter situation, where a black male is involved, and the detaining officer turns off their body cam, yes I am suspicious unnecessary force was used.

It's not suspicious for a black man to be afraid or panicked around police. Or for anyone to be panicked in the middle of an active shooter scenario. It is suspicious that the detaining officer had their body cam turned off. And it is suspicious that the bodycam vid they did show only lasted a few seconds, and only showed them herding a crowd of people out of the building. As if to imply if he had been in that herd, no one would have suspected him. When if their is a mad gunman around, they will likely be firing into a crowd. I wouldn't want to move in a big ol herd in that situation. And not showing say, what methods they were using to determine the shooter wasn't one of the people in that crowd they were herding out.

Of the 126 videos they have, that's the one they show? Why? And why only a few seconds? Did you know that it is a common tactic of the police to turn their cams on and off as the situation develops so as to control the narrative they plan to testify to in court? It's only common sense to suspect an officer of impure motives when they don't have a start to finish body cam recording during an investigation, active crime scene, or emergency situation. And not it's not understandable that the detaining officer didn't turn his camera on and leave it on as he arrived on scene.

As a police officer would say, I have reasonable suspicion to believe a crime has occurred, there are inconsistencies.

Believe his narrative or not it doesn't change the fact they put a gun to the head of an innocent man. Of course if this happened to people in this thread they would brush it off and thank the officers for doing their jobs...right?

What evidence do you have that during this suspected active shooter incident that they targeted this guy because of his color?

Your assumptions are just as bad and do as much damage to race relations as actual racists do. It's abhorrent. While there are real issues, creating fake ones dilute the real.

lol...my assumptions are backed up by an overwhelming data set of statistical evidence that would not be questioned at all if it were applied against any other scenario. Sure, it could be wrong, but given how often it would be right, I'm ok with my assumption for now... The cops have a long way to go before they get the benefit of the doubt from me!

lol...my assumptions are backed up by an overwhelming data set of statistical evidence that would not be questioned at all if it were applied against any other scenario. Sure, it could be wrong, but given how often it would be right, I'm ok with my assumption for now... The cops have a long way to go before they get the benefit of the doubt from me!

So basically, you stereotype police based on "overwhelming data set of statistical evidence. (blah blah blah), suggesting that police in this case are stereotyping black people in an active shooter situation, and you think you are better than the "racists" you claim to be speaking about?

You literally are applying the same profiling mindset you claim to be against.

What exactly do you think that video shows?

I'm suggesting, that in the middle of an active shooter scenario they encountered a panicked man, who acted out of fear for his life, and took that panic as suspicious. Which they often do, which often leads them to escalate a situation in which they in turn become panicked because they fear for their life. And because of how they are trained to profile, they are more likely to fear for their life if the suspect is a black male. Which leads them to make mistakes, like the detaining officer not turning on their body cam, which the video you referenced clearly stated was the case. And anytime I see an active shooter situation, where a black male is involved, and the detaining officer turns off their body cam, yes I am suspicious unnecessary force was used.

It's not suspicious for a black man to be afraid or panicked around police. Or for anyone to be panicked in the middle of an active shooter scenario. It is suspicious that the detaining officer had their body cam turned off. And it is suspicious that the bodycam vid they did show only lasted a few seconds, and only showed them herding a crowd of people out of the building. As if to imply if he had been in that herd, no one would have suspected him. When if their is a mad gunman around, they will likely be firing into a crowd. I wouldn't want to move in a big ol herd in that situation. And not showing say, what methods they were using to determine the shooter wasn't one of the people in that crowd they were herding out.

Of the 126 videos they have, that's the one they show? Why? And why only a few seconds? Did you know that it is a common tactic of the police to turn their cams on and off as the situation develops so as to control the narrative they plan to testify to in court? It's only common sense to suspect an officer of impure motives when they don't have a start to finish body cam recording during an investigation, active crime scene, or emergency situation. And not it's not understandable that the detaining officer didn't turn his camera on and leave it on as he arrived on scene.

As a police officer would say, I have reasonable suspicion to believe a crime has occurred, there are inconsistencies.

are you saying it's not suspicious to hide behind a slot machine and run away when you see police?

Police who turn off body cams should face immediate termination.

the other videos will be released

18 mins of video. note other black people in it, not being arrested/detained.

Use logic man.

Be logical here.

Back
Top Bottom