• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meet the Creationist Helping to Change Arizona School Standards on Evolution

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
One more reason not to vote conservative.

Arizona Superintendent Diane Douglas tapped a young-earth creationist to serve last month on a committee tasked with revising the state's science curriculum standards on evolution.

Kezele teaches biology at Arizona Christian University in Phoenix. He advocates teaching his version of "established, real science" in classrooms.

He argued that scientific evidence supports his creationist ideas, including the claims that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs were on board Noah's Ark.​

Arizona Superintendent Diane Douglas tapped a young-earth creationist to serve last month on a committee tasked with revising the state's science curriculum standards on evolution.

Kezele teaches biology at Arizona Christian University in Phoenix. He advocates teaching his version of "established, real science" in classrooms.

He argued that scientific evidence supports his creationist ideas, including the claims that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs were on board Noah's Ark.​

please make this be an onion article

Idiot...SMH...

"He argued that scientific evidence supports his creationist ideas, including the claims that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs were on board Noah's Ark."

Oh good, there goes the education in Arizona. Sigh...

Do they think Jesus rode on the back of Dinosaurs?.....Arizona sound infected with the same ignorant beliefs the Texas school board has

Superintendent lost her primary... this is a parting shot going out the door for her. Seriously doubt she'd try this if she was in the general election this fall.

Douglas was elected in 2014 and lost her re-election bid in the Republican primary to Frank Riggs on August 28. Riggs will soon face educator and political newcomer Kathy Hoffman in November's general election.

But Douglas will serve until the end of the year. She believes that evolution and creationism should be taught side by side in classrooms. Douglas must now evaluate the science standards and submit them to the State Board of Education with a recommendation.​

what does voting conservative have to do with this nutter? he doesnt speak for them or represent them. The vast majority of conservatives i know do not believe retardation like that nor would they support it.... :shrug:

what does voting conservative have to do with this nutter? he doesnt speak for them or represent them. The vast majority of conservatives i know do not believe retardation like that nor would they support it.... :shrug:

Still many do......99% of these evangelical nut jobs are "conservative"

Republicans will support whatever the Evangelicals tell them to support, and they are just as backward with climate and environmental science.

See my Siggy.

I have no idea how many do or do not support it. I assume, by default, that Christians and Republicans that I run into aren't die-hard, evolution-denying creationists, until they prove otherwise. People will let you know fairly quickly that they're cray-cray. That said, one would have to have their head in the sand to ignore how the right has weaponized politically-active evangelicals. Until that unholy marriage is dissolved, we'll continue to see this kind of bull**** from the right.

while i believe your percentage is a bit understated, it is also true that such a tRumpvangelical cohort is a minor portion of the entire conservative political community
there are progressives who defend antifa, and i resent being associated with those crazy anarchists. but because of that tiny sliver of progressives who support them, antifa is tagged as being an arm of the progressive movement. i could similarly understand a thoughtful conservative taking umbrage at being included in a description of scientifically ignorant people as were featured in the OP

and yet they dont speak for conservatives and are still individuals... grouping conservatives (or liberal or republicans or democrats etc) all together like one like minded entity is illogical and dishonest. its part of the problem with politics today.

Republicans will support whatever the Evangelicals tell them to support, and they are just as backward with climate and environmental science.

See my Siggy.

no, ...... they wont. all republicans do not believe in the stupidity in the OP. grouping republicans (or liberals or conservatives or democrats etc) all together like one like minded entity is illogical and dishonest. its part of the problem with politics today.

1.)I have no idea how many do or do not support it. I assume, by default, that Christians and Republicans that I run into aren't die-hard, evolution-denying creationists, until they prove otherwise. People will let you know fairly quickly that they're cray-cray.
2.) That said, one would have to have their head in the sand to ignore how the right has weaponized politically-active evangelicals. Until that unholy marriage is dissolved, we'll continue to see this kind of bull**** from the right.

1.) agreed
2.) nobody is denying that SOME people on the right (just like some in any group) have supported nutball movements like in the op.... still doesnt change the fact this is not representative of conservatives

i repeat grouping conservatives (or liberal or republicans or democrats etc) all together like one like minded entity is illogical and dishonest. its part of the problem with politics today.

04FF98C1-7708-49C7-AE77-6494F6F94216.jpg

1.) agreed
2.) nobody is denying that SOME people on the right (just like some in any group) have supported nutball movements like in the op.... still doesnt change the fact this is not representative of conservatives

i repeat grouping conservatives (or liberal or republicans or democrats etc) all together like one like minded entity is illogical and dishonest. its part of the problem with politics today.
No offense, but with this particular issue, I seriously doubt that there are any or many people that lean left that buy “creationism” and the whole 6000-year-old Earth thing. For whatever reason they all lean right.

No offense, but with this particular issue, I seriously doubt that there are any or many people that lean left that buy “creationism” and the whole 6000-year-old Earth thing. For whatever reason they all lean right.

More than a "few".....The crazy Evangelical demographic is a significant portion of the GOP base.....

1.) agreed

I agree 100% with that. I'm not sure as to how to even put into words as to how annoyed I am with people who go on tirades about X group of people as if the whole lot of 'em were a signle entity. I personally try to avoid this, especially, when it comes to opposition voters, be they centrist Dems, traditional conservatives, or Trump supporters. I feel like we'd see a lot less pissing-contests if we broke down this 'the other' nonsense.

no offense at all but what does that have to do with the fact that the loon in the OP does represent all conservatives/republicans?

I agree 100% with that. I'm not sure as to how to even put into words as to how annoyed I am with people who go on tirades about X group of people as if the whole lot of 'em were a signle entity. I personally try to avoid this, especially, when it comes to opposition voters, be they centrist Dems, traditional conservatives, or Trump supporters. I feel like we'd see a lot less pissing-contests if we broke down this 'the other' nonsense.

agreed.... its that reason ive been an independent for a long time now and will remain one for ever.....

no offense at all but what does that have to do with the fact that the loon in the OP does represent all conservatives/republicans?
Not all conservative Republicans are creationists but all creationists are conservatives and/or Republicans.

"He argued that scientific evidence supports his creationist ideas, including the claims that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs were on board Noah's Ark."

Oh good, there goes the education in Arizona. Sigh...

Why is the US still teaching this crap? And yes I am a Christian, with Religious beliefs, but this is still crap.

Not all conservative Republicans are creationists but all creationists are conservatives and/or Republicans.

again how does that opinion change the fact that the loon in the OP does represent all conservatives/republicans?

This is part of the coalition they marry themselves to to get elected.

no, ...... they wont. all republicans do not believe in the stupidity in the OP. grouping republicans (or liberals or conservatives or democrats etc) all together like one like minded entity is illogical and dishonest. its part of the problem with politics today.

I never said they all believe in it. They do however empower it.

Back
Top Bottom