• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manufactured fake news, the migrant crisis under Trump

No, that's not the issue. The issue is the purposeful and intentional of separation of children from their parents and the willful, gleeful cruelty behind it.

LOL. Well I see your point there. The left never think that illegal immigration is an issue.

Yes. But the leftist media hates Trump and since they can't get anything else to stick to Trump to take him down, this is their latest attempt - going after Trump for the very same thing that happened under Obama and Rachel Maddow didn't shed one tear back then.
Tye obama admin didnt pull children from parents except for cases where they questioned if the person was the actual parent. The parents seeking asylum with kids were generally given ankle bracelets and released and were required to return for their hearing. Last I heard 99% of them returned for the hearing.

The only thing tgat happenned like this in the obama admin is that unnaccomponied minors were kept in similar facilities. But thats very different than pulling families apart. Right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There would be no suffering if the parents had not illegally entered our country. The choice was theirs.

I'm just glad that your opinion is in the minority. The outpouring of support for these families is what makes America great not a nativist in an ugly hat.

The fact people on the right are trying to justify the action by claiming others did it or it's not really their decision says a lot.

People on the right are saying it’s the law, we have laws in America, Trump has asked democrats to come together and change the laws, not just put a bandage on it for now.
Aren’t liberals part of the problem, you let illegals break the law and get in snd they send word back home that they made it ok so more can come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just glad that your opinion is in the minority. The outpouring of support for these families is what makes America great not a nativist in an ugly hat.

We need to stop illegal immigration, even if we have to put someone every 10 feet with an AR-15. There are legal ways to come to this country.

I wouldn't know. I'm not a leftist, but I understand how a Marxist like you rarely thinks things through.

Do you favor the absolute and complete stoppage of illegal immigration? Are you willing to work with Republicans in order to achieve this goal? What methods do you favor to stop any and all illegal immigration?

As are you

Hey, I vote a mix of parties every election from Democrats to Republicans to independents. I voted for Obama in 2012. I agree with some things Democrats stand for and I realize that all sides have their true news and their fake news. I do lean conservative. I'm a card carrying RINO. You, on the other hand, clearly said that "Everything Republican is fake news". I would not say that Everything Democrat is fake news". That makes you hopelessly partisan, not me.

People on the right are saying it’s the law, we have laws in America, Trump has asked democrats to come together and change the laws, not just put a bandage on it for now.
Aren’t liberals part of the problem, you let illegals break the law and get in snd they send word back home that they made it ok so more can come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no laws requiring you to separate families that ask for Asylum...Presidents have discretion in how they carry out the laws on the book. Trump used that discretion to separate families. Sessions and Gen Kelly both stated that separation was a deterrence. Trump reversed his policy through an executive order...which is a President using his discretionary power.

He stated it was Congress doing it...he lied. He claimed it was an Obama law...he lied. Once the blowback because to hot he claimed it was everyone but himself that cause those family separations.

Hey, I vote a mix of parties every election from Democrats to Republicans to independents. I voted for Obama in 2012. I agree with some things Democrats stand for and I realize that all sides have their true news and their fake news. I do lean conservative. I'm a card carrying RINO. You, on the other hand, clearly said that "Everything Republican is fake news". I would not say that Everything Democrat is fake news". That makes you hopelessly partisan, not me.

I rarely vote for a Republican,because I'm not a Billionaire.
BUT ,I did vote for John Kasich for Governor.
And wanted to vote for him as President.

I rarely vote for a Republican,because I'm not a Billionaire.
BUT ,I did vote for John Kasich for Governor.
And wanted to vote for him as President.

I actually did vote for Kasich for president. I thought you said everything Republican is fake news? Are you now having a change of heart?

View attachment 67234668
A picture says a thousand words. You are all being played as suckers.

Today, you're correct, quite a lot of folks are blaming Trump. Probably most on this site. But where do Americans place the blame? I received this poll today. I think it let's us know who is to blame. It's not Trump unless you're a Democratic Hillary Clinton Supporter. The poll starts out: "Most voters blame the parents of the separated children at the border for the latest illegal immigration crisis, not the federal government.

When families are arrested and separated after attempting to enter the United States illegally, 54% of Likely U.S. Voters say the parents are more to blame for breaking the law. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 35% believe the federal government is more to blame for enforcing the law. Eleven percent (11%) are not sure"

Voters Blame Parents, Not Feds, For Border Children Crisis - Rasmussen Reports®

It went on, "To help understand the current political debate over the children issue, a closer look shows that 82% of Republicans and 56% of voters not affiliated with either major political party feel the parents are more to blame for breaking the law. But 60% of Democrats say the government is more to blame for enforcing the law."

I'd pay attention to the not affiliated group, independents in poll talk. Those who aren't very partisan or in the pro or anti-Trump camp. We've had these immigration laws on the book for quite a long time. Either we enforce them or we aren't a nation of laws as most people think and say we are. If one doesn't like the present laws, then get congress to change them. That's the way it works, if that isn't, we become a nation of political agendas depending on whom occupies the White House and the occupant decides which laws to enforce and which to ignore.

Tye obama admin didnt pull children from parents except for cases where they questioned if the person was the actual parent. The parents seeking asylum with kids were generally given ankle bracelets and released and were required to return for their hearing. Last I heard 99% of them returned for the hearing.

The only thing tgat happenned like this in the obama admin is that unnaccomponied minors were kept in similar facilities. But thats very different than pulling families apart. Right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well, if Obama did not separate children from their parents I guess these people were just making it up....

Df_APF9UcAEQ5hm.jpg

Picture tells me diddly squat. However facts tell me that separating children from parents was not something the Obama did.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...bama-administration-separate-families-n884856

Critical thinking and common sense is your friend, Renae. You need to take the partisan blinders off.

Were the partisan blinders off, you might of noted Renae didn't say anything about separation in her op. Rather, "the picture of a thousand words" simply convey that the claim of so-called pictures of "inhumane" treatment of children (in this case sleeping in detention cages on floors) is nothing new with Trump.

The ACLU obtained documents (30,000 pages) on the treatment of children between 2009 and 2014. In sum:

President Barack Obama separated parents from their children at the border.
Obama prosecuted mothers for coming to the United States illegally. He fast tracked deportations. And yes, he housed unaccompanied children in tent cities. …
Obama took several actions that led to an outcry of fear and distrust, though his actions failed to get the attention the Trump administration has.
Yes, Obama separated families at the border, too | McClatchy Washington Bureau

And while 95 percent of the Obama supporting liberal community (and the enabling press) mainly ignored it, the ACLU and Washington Post did not.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1009514731626000386

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...1d319a-b2f2-11e4-bf39-5560f3918d4b_story.html

Now, as a result of that decision, young Mexicans are being held for months without charge in shelters across the United States, sometimes without their parents’ knowledge. Since the program began in May, 536 juveniles have been held — 248 of whom have been deported to Mexico after an average stay of 75 days, according to Border Patrol statistics. Mexican authorities say some of these repeat border-crossers have spent as much as six months in U.S. custody while they await an appearance before an immigration judge.
During their detention, they are questioned by U.S. authorities and then transferred to a network of facilities run by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services, across 15 states. …
But the little-known program, called the Juvenile Referral Process, has worried human rights groups and some Mexican officials who fear that it puts the children at risk. They view it as a way for U.S. authorities to gather intelligence about cartels and think it endangers the children who could be targeted as informants when they return to Mexico. Some question the legality of the extended detentions.

Of course the number of children subjected to this policy under Trump are greater (several thousand) but that would be expected given the policy of Obama to only detain and charge 20 percent of the illegal flow (compared to 100 percent for Trump). None the less, that the so-called compassionate liberal community circled the wagons with apathy because "dear leader Obama" was President cannot be denied.

So really, do you think all the faux anti-Trump hairpulling over treatment standards is fooling anyone?

If so, its a sad comment upon the state of moral intellect of those so fooled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom