• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manufactured fake news, the migrant crisis under Trump

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
2018-06-17_11-26-55.jpg
A picture says a thousand words. You are all being played as suckers.

How many of those are children separated from there parents.

View attachment 67234668

Picture tells me diddly squat. However facts tell me that separating children from parents was not something the Obama did.

The idea that this is simply a continuation of an Obama-era practice is "preposterous," said Denise Gilman, director of the Immigration Clinic at the University of Texas Law School. "There were occasionally instances where you would find a separated family — maybe like one every six months to a year — and that was usually because there had been some actual individualized concern that there was a trafficking situation or that the parent wasn’t actually the parent."

Once custody concerns were resolved, "there was pretty immediately reunification," Gilman told NBC News. "There were not 2,000 kids in two months — it’s not the same universe," she added.

The Trump administration separated 1,995 children from 1,940 adults from April 19 to May 31, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security said Friday, a period in which the "zero tolerance" policy was in effect.

Jeh Johnson, who served as homeland security secretary under Obama, said he did not separate children and parents despite the enormous surges of unaccompanied minors and families that came across the border in 2014 fleeing Central American violence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...bama-administration-separate-families-n884856

Critical thinking and common sense is your friend, Renae. You need to take the partisan blinders off.

Picture tells me diddly squat. However facts tell me that separating children from parents was not something the Obama did.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...bama-administration-separate-families-n884856

Critical thinking and common sense is your friend, Renae. You need to take the partisan blinders off.
there was pretty immediately reunification
How were they reunited?
By releasing the parents from detention along with the kids into our towns to never return for their court hearings. Trump ended to catch and release program. Where adults had to sit in detention and await trail. But law prevents holding children in detention for anything over 20 days so they kids had to be released. How is that hard to understand?

From what I'm reading here and on other similar thread there are those who deny facts about the incarceration of these children and their families and appear to take perverse pleasure in their suffering.

You want to believe what you want to believe.
You are correct, under the Obama Admin they leaned towards just letting families into the USA with a"please show up at court" and lost track of tens of thousands of people. However to say it didnt' happen is absurdity.

And there are still people claim Sandy hook was fake news.

And there are still people claim Sandy hook was fake news.

There are lots of things people don't want to admit. Is this policy unfortunate yes? Is it something that could be altered to be gentler? Possibly. Is it new? No.

There are lots of things people don't want to admit. Is this policy unfortunate yes? Is it something that could be altered to be gentler? Possibly. Is it new? No.

Don't justify intentional cruelty,so that Orange monster can get his wall

You want to believe what you want to believe.
You are correct, under the Obama Admin they leaned towards just letting families into the USA with a"please show up at court" and lost track of tens of thousands of people. However to say it didnt' happen is absurdity.

They didn't rip kids away from their parents. And don't try to say they did. That is the truth.

View attachment 67234668

Why the dishonest picture and words (see posts on page 1) ?

The things being compared are not the same, nor for the same purpose. The what, why, when, where, and the how are all different. So is the who, but that's not as important to me.

Last edited:
Leftists are suckers for propaganda. Especially when they can whinge.

Leftist promote propaganda when they perceive they can gain a political advantage from it.

In this case, the leftists are propagandizing compliance with, and adherence to, existing federal immigration law and procedures (the same ones that previous administrations also complied with and adhered to BTW and not a peep - oddly enough), detained and properly cared for children of arrested criminal illegal aliens to evoke emotion an not critical thinking.

Critical thinking such as 'Do convicted and incarcerated US citizens keep their children'? are eliminated from consciousness.

Critical thinking such as 'How does the care of the temporarily detained and cared for children compare to the care of child US citizens?' never broach their consciousness.

Critical thinking and problem solving as in 'How do the present federal immigration laws need to change to handle this situation better?' are eliminated from consciousness.

The leftist do not give one whit compliance with existing laws, neither legal immigrants, nor illegal immigrants nor their children; they care only about perceived political advantage.

This is what you can expect from the same people who's mantra is 'By any means necessary' (to get what they want, politically or otherwise).

there was pretty immediately reunification
How were they reunited?
By releasing the parents from detention along with the kids into our towns to never return for their court hearings. Trump ended to catch and release program. Where adults had to sit in detention and await trail. But law prevents holding children in detention for anything over 20 days so they kids had to be released. How is that hard to understand?

It tell allot about the left's (including the propagandist 'news' media) hypocrisy and double standards. On that I'll agree with you.

Don't justify intentional cruelty,so that Orange monster can get his wall
Don't act like it's something new, because the media told you to act like you care now about these illegal immigrants.

I can't get onto the site.

I'm sorry that you cannot, it's full of 2014 pictures of children in cages by the score.

Look, I don't like the situation, but the whole border is a mess. As long as people think there is a way "in" around the system, it is going to be abused, and the longer we fiddle the worse the options are to deal with it. It's not about race, it's not a lack of compassion or care it is for me, controlling a flow of immigration into the country of people that come here and maybe not all of them are the sort we want here. Criminals, gang members, drug runners, repeat offenders, people that aren't here to assimilate just get whatever they can off the system...

Let's weed out the truly needing and deserving and cast out the ones that shouldn't be here.

Does it suck, of course this situation sucks, but to act like Trump started this method, or that it's something "INHUMANE!!" is absurd.

MG, if you were a single mom, and you committed a crime, guess what, you'd be taken from your kids. That's just that. "But Renae! I could post BAIL!" You could, but you see, you have a reason to not disappear, you have a house, a life, stuff, family which makes fleeing and never showing up a less likely scenario than someone who already showed they don't care about our laws. Which is what was happening under the previous "Catch and release" policies.

Control the border, help the ones that need it most and keep the bad ones out. It's not going to be easy, there are hard choices that will have to be made, or we give up, throw open the borders and say "**** sovereignty, **** the law, **** the taxpayer"

Don't act like it's something new, because the media told you to act like you care now about these illegal immigrants.

OMG,how lame a post!I'm embarrassed for you!

Leftist promote propaganda when they perceive they can gain a political advantage from it.

In this case, the leftists are propagandizing compliance with, and adherence to, existing federal immigration law and procedures (the same ones that previous administrations also complied with and adhered to BTW and not a peep - oddly enough), detained and properly cared for children of arrested criminal illegal aliens to evoke emotion an not critical thinking.

Critical thinking such as 'Do convicted and incarcerated US citizens keep their children'? are eliminated from consciousness.

Critical thinking such as 'How does the care of the temporarily detained and cared for children compare to the care of child US citizens?' never broach their consciousness.

Critical thinking and problem solving as in 'How do the present federal immigration laws need to change to handle this situation better?' are eliminated from consciousness.

The leftist do not give one whit compliance with existing laws, neither legal immigrants, nor illegal immigrants nor their children; they care only about perceived political advantage.

This is what you can expect from the same people who's mantra is 'By any means necessary' (to get what they want, politically or otherwise).

Yep, this kind of thing has been going on for years and years, and since the kookers hate DJT, it's suddenly an emergency. Yeah, I don't think there is a single decent normal American who gives a heaping mound of crap about how illegals are currently housed. By the looks of the living conditions, they appear to be much better than a lot of the kookers mommy's basements.

Back
Top Bottom