• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man charged with murder in killing of star Iowa State golfer

But in other places the presence of an "illegal" would prevent a murder, because the victim was not alone.

From the studies I've seen immigrants commit less violent crimes than native born Americans, so having more immigrants actually makes the USA a safer place.

Since these additional immigrants are not displacing any people born here then the number of immigrants required to lower the US violent crime rate by any significant amount would be huge (100M more might just do the trick).

What you leave out is a illegal alien murdered a young white American girl in Iowa. There is the difference and that is why the president got involved. A person who should of not been here murdered a US citizen.
The Republican owned farm that hired the man in the first place checked his documents against the social security database and everything went through just fine.

A person who broke our laws on immigration.
The white male citizen who murdered this Spanish immigrant had a record of many run-ins with the law. In fact, we are aware of zero run-ins with the police that the immigrant murder had before this one.

Somehow I don't think her family is consoled by the fact their daughter/sister/friend ect was murdered by a white guy.

I wasn't addressing that, just answering the OP's question. Thank you for pointing out something that wasn't being discussed...

Again, the thread isn't about me.

Yes, it is. I made the thread, and I should know what it's about. This thread is about Conservative Intellectual dishonesty when faced with a tragic murder of an immigrant carried out by a white citizen.

What does a Republican have to do with this? Hell any political affiliation? NOTHING.

With that. Nationality has NOTHING to do with it either. Other than that a person of X nationality origin committed a crime.

Murder is MURDER yes 100%

But if the Law of the land was STRICTLY enforced by how it was enacted by congress (NOT TRUMP) then Kate Stinely as well as Molli Tibbets my STILL be alive.... which was potentially preventable.

This young lady unfortunately did NOT have that same potentiality.

The republican who employed the immigrant is responsible for him being here. He brought him here so I think it is relevant. And you can point to strictly enforcing laws as prevention however murder being illegal is strictly enforced yet it still happens. So therefore making something illegal doesn't simply stop it from happening. And so therefore making it illegal to be here illegally would have prevented Tibbets murder then she would still be alive. But he was here illegally and somehow that didn't stop him. The two things (immigration and murder) have no connection. They happen independent of one another. Since Tibbets was brought up her being murdered by an immigrant is just as relevant as why he was here (the cons hiring illegal help) as his immigration status. You seem to want to only take note of what is politically helpful to your leadership and want to ignore the rest. If you want to bring in parts, bring it all in

Yes, it is. I made the thread, and I should know what it's about. This thread is about Conservative Intellectual dishonesty when faced with a tragic murder of an immigrant carried out by a white citizen.

This thread is the biggest race bait all day.

My reply still is the same. You quoted me but must have been replying to someone else since your post to me in which you quoted me had nothing to with the post of mine that you quoted. 90,000 posts and you still can't get it right is amazing. Try again. Quote my post and then reply with a relevant response that actually addresses my post. It really isn't that hard.

So if we made it illegal for white men to be in the country we could prevent this one too right?

Also, you seem to be forgetting that the immigrant killer was in the country legally. He was employed on a farm run by a prominent Iowan Republican Family.

So your solution to preventing the first death was to kick out all the immigrants, even the ones here legally. Here's another problem with that, the most recent victim was also an immigrant. If we kicked her out too as you suggest we should then the white male citizen that killed her would have undoubtedly killed a different young female golfer. The result? The same number of young American girls being murdered by ****ty white men as before.

Well, we could start by deporting all white men. That would be the equivalent solution to the one offered by you to prevent the other one.

Or we could try focusing on the violent nature of too many young men. This white citizen had a record of violence. The latino killer did not. There was nothing in his history that indicated violent tendencies at all. It was a complete surprise to everyone who knew him. This white citizen on the other hand literally told a friend of his that he wanted to kill and rape a golfer the week before while walking by the exact same golf course.

Studies tend to show that child abuse tends to lead to violence down the road. The exact types of discipline and corporal punishments that are still all too prevalent among many rural white conservatives families and many African American families as well.

Studies show you don't tell things that are factual.

And U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Shawn Neudauer said Thursday that "law enforcement remains absolutely confident that we’ve correctly identified the suspect as an illegal alien from Mexico, based both on investigative interviews with him and on records checks."

Cristhian Bahena Rivera, 24, was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder in the July 18 disappearance of Tibbetts, a University of Iowa student whose abduction has captured national headlines.
https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1064567002
4:30 p.m. Wednesday: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services spokesman Michael Bars tells USA Today reporter Alan Gomez, "A search of records by USCIS revealed Rivera did not make any DACA requests nor were any grants given. We have found no record in our systems indicating he has any lawful immigration status."

1:05 p.m. Thursday: ICE spokesman Shawn Neudauer tells the Register that "law enforcement remains absolutely confident that we’ve correctly identified the suspect as an illegal alien from Mexico, based both on investigative interviews with him and on records checks."

1:16 p.m. Thursday: The Iowa Department of Transportation says that after reviewing its records, "no Iowa driver's license or credential was issued to Cristhian Bahena Rivera, either under that name or any alternate name bearing his likeness and we have no license history for him."

Thursday afternoon: In a Register interview, Richards, Rivera's lawyer, disputes that his client is in the country illegally, but he does not present new evidence to support that claim. Days later, Richards withdrew from the case.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...egal-immigrant-dane-lang-e-verify/1072889002/

So once again, you are caught telling a falsehood.

As for the "If whites were illegal..." line of.. whatever you think you're trying to say... grow up. We're talking about people being in the USA Legally or not. Skin color only matters to racist.

I wasn't addressing that, just answering the OP's question. Thank you for pointing out something that wasn't being discussed...

Because one involved someone dying at the hands of a person that shouldn't have been in the country, ergo it was preventable.

Thought that was you. Odd how your name was by it if it wasn't. Weird.

Considering you are pushing a lie, and I called you out for it, you aren't one to claim intellectual dishonesty at anyone. You don't even have your facts straight.

Because one involved someone dying at the hands of a person that shouldn't have been in the country, ergo it was preventable.

Thought that was you. Odd how your name was by it if it wasn't. Weird.

Odd how you still make no sense... it's a trend.

The republican who employed the immigrant is responsible for him being here. He brought him here so I think it is relevant. And you can point to strictly enforcing laws as prevention however murder being illegal is strictly enforced yet it still happens. So therefore making something illegal doesn't simply stop it from happening. And so therefore making it illegal to be here illegally would have prevented Tibbets murder then she would still be alive. But he was here illegally and somehow that didn't stop him. The two things (immigration and murder) have no connection. They happen independent of one another. Since Tibbets was brought up her being murdered by an immigrant is just as relevant as why he was here (the cons hiring illegal help) as his immigration status. You seem to want to only take note of what is politically helpful to your leadership and want to ignore the rest. If you want to bring in parts, bring it all in

1) "The person that Hired the illegal" used common knowledge to research may not have been the CORRECT method by it seems some diligence was done
1a) The Illegal used ILLEGAL documentation. to by pass the system fake SSN and ID

2) So now its on the person hiring. So its OK that the ILLEGAL Killed someone because someone else hired them unwilling and let them in.....you do hear what you seem to be insinuating right?

3) Murder is a crime after you have committed.
3a) Illegal entry is a demeanor on its first offense and a fellony on it second. NO WHERE NEAR Murder on its initial offense so YES enforceable prior to the act of TAKING SOMEONES LIFE.

4) YES Exactly Murder and Immigration are independent that is why one CAN be enforceable prior to a heinous crime like Murder .

5) My very first sentence detracts your last point has NOTHING to do with POLITICS PERIOD, but enforcement of existing laws set for by congress. I dont know how you missed it YES BRING it, means 100% enforcement. of all ILLEGAL entries could mitigate 1 murder of 1 USA citizen. 1 needless death is not justifiable PERIOD.

Finally as a sill example. you have a pool, you have kids.... our responsibility to our children is to safe guard them. If you choose if an when to lock the back door so the kids cant get into the pool, and DIE, whos fault is that. enforcement works ONLY if there is continuity with the enforcement.

WE LACK continuity PERIOD.... NOTHING to do with politics. Enforce Existing LAWS no if ands or butts.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...te-golfer-celia-barquin-arozamena/1343218002/

Okay, so to recap. About a month ago a young white American girl was murdered by a Latino immigrant in Iowa. This was used by Trump and his disgusting supporters to argue for a wall, and to justify treating all immigrants like garbage.

This week a young Spanish immigrant girl was murdered by a white American citizen in Iowa.

Why is one of these a tragedy that requires the attention of the President, but the other is not? Why should one of these criminals be treated radically different than the other? What do these killers have common? They're violent men. It doesn't matter where they were born they were still violent men who thought it would be fun to rape and kill a beautiful young woman. The country of origin of the killers and the victims are irrelevant. There doesn't appear to be any evidence to conclude that racism was a driving force behind either crime.

Here's the answer to your questions....

This thread is more about your intellectual dishonesty as pointed out in post number two.

Last edited:
How exactly are you planning on justifying the deportation of this man when his legal documents check out?

If you'll take the time to read the Snopes link, you'll read that the farm manager says Rivera worked there under a fake name. He presented a SS card that was either fake or didn't belong to him. And E-Verify was not used.

1) "The person that Hired the illegal" used common knowledge to research may not have been the CORRECT method by it seems some diligence was done
1a) The Illegal used ILLEGAL documentation. to by pass the system fake SSN and ID

2) So now its on the person hiring. So its OK that the ILLEGAL Killed someone because someone else hired them unwilling and let them in.....you do hear what you seem to be insinuating right?

3) Murder is a crime after you have committed.
3a) Illegal entry is a demeanor on its first offense and a fellony on it second. NO WHERE NEAR Murder on its initial offense so YES enforceable prior to the act of TAKING SOMEONES LIFE.

4) YES Exactly Murder and Immigration are independent that is why one CAN be enforceable prior to a heinous crime like Murder .

5) My very first sentence detracts your last point has NOTHING to do with POLITICS PERIOD, but enforcement of existing laws set for by congress. I dont know how you missed it YES BRING it, means 100% enforcement. of all ILLEGAL entries could mitigate 1 murder of 1 USA citizen. 1 needless death is not justifiable PERIOD.

Finally as a sill example. you have a pool, you have kids.... our responsibility to our children is to safe guard them. If you choose if an when to lock the back door so the kids cant get into the pool, and DIE, whos fault is that. enforcement works ONLY if there is continuity with the enforcement.

WE LACK continuity PERIOD.... NOTHING to do with politics. Enforce Existing LAWS no if ands or butts.

So which law should we have passed that would have saved Tibbets? And yes, it does have to with politics since politicians bring it up for political gain.

So which law should we have passed that would have saved Tibbets? And yes, it does have to with politics since politicians bring it up for political gain.

Should have? WE ALREADY HAVE.

We have illegal entry laws as WELL as the CURRENT E-Verify system that WAS NOT used, but could have used to better the chance of catching the error through Biometrics that he was using fake IDs.

WE do no need to PASS more, We need to ENFORCE existing and create continuity of USE and enforcement which again I state LACKS we have states claiming sanctuary.... now so how about those that dont when our state borders are FULLY open how do we respect states borders when other states are using sanctuary and personal discretion if and when to ENFORCE Congressional LAW....

She's a Spanish immigrant.

She's still white, and it was you who made skin color and race a major issue in your very first post...

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...te-golfer-celia-barquin-arozamena/1343218002/

Okay, so to recap. About a month ago a young white American girl was murdered by a Latino immigrant in Iowa. This was used by Trump and his disgusting supporters to argue for a wall, and to justify treating all immigrants like garbage.

This week a young Spanish immigrant girl was murdered by a white American citizen in Iowa.

Why is one of these a tragedy that requires the attention of the President, but the other is not? Why should one of these criminals be treated radically different than the other? What do these killers have common? They're violent men. It doesn't matter where they were born they were still violent men who thought it would be fun to rape and kill a beautiful young woman. The country of origin of the killers and the victims are irrelevant. There doesn't appear to be any evidence to conclude that racism was a driving force behind either crime.

Last edited:
If you'll take the time to read the Snopes link, you'll read that the farm manager says Rivera worked there under a fake name. He presented a SS card that was either fake or didn't belong to him. And E-Verify was not used.

I also posted to Wonka more information showing he is incorrect, notice he's not responded, better to run from data that makes him look... wrong than to man up and say "okay I hadn't seen that, thanks for bringing it to my attention."

Because one involved someone dying at the hands of a person that shouldn't have been in the country, ergo it was preventable. How do you prevent this death? I'll wait while you think on that.

A bogus pretense for bigotry... if the issue is preventable death then why not mandatory laws to lock firearms away from children? Why not punish those adults responsible for leaving firearms where children can find them? It is easy to prevent these deaths both by prevention and serious punishment for allowing minors access to deadly force unsupervised....

I'll wait while you think on that pretending 'ergo it was preventable'... :peace

My reply still is the same. You quoted me but must have been replying to someone else since your post to me in which you quoted me had nothing to with the post of mine that you quoted. 90,000 posts and you still can't get it right is amazing. Try again. Quote my post and then reply with a relevant response that actually addresses my post. It really isn't that hard.

If you're unable to comprehend the meaning of the OP, that's your problem. Not mine.

Not passed, enforce existing immigration laws.

A bogus pretense for bigotry... if the issue is preventable death then why not mandatory laws to lock firearms away from children? Why not punish those adults responsible for leaving firearms where children can find them? It is easy to prevent these deaths both by prevention and serious punishment for allowing minors access to deadly force unsupervised....

I'll wait while you think on that pretending 'ergo it was preventable'... :peace

Bigotry? You ARE desperate aren't you? True or false, the murderer was here illegally? TRUE! So, he shouldn't have been in the country! I don't care where he's from, what his skin color is... he had no legal right to be in the USA. Had we enforced the laws, she'd still be alive.

Now, preventing a citizen from committing such a crime... please explain how we can prevent that? Also, your gun analogy is very lame, try again.

Actually, no he wasn't. He was here legally. He was legally employed on a farm owned by a prominent Iowa Republican Family.

Read the article. Her killer has been charged. He was found with her blood on his shorts and a number of wounds that were made by someone clawing at him.

No, he wasn't. The employer thought he was legal because he gave false papers.

Back
Top Bottom