• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man charged with murder in killing of star Iowa State golfer

So the point of the OPer is that if our borders were secure and immigration laws enforced neither murder would have happened, correct?

False, the white citizen would have killed a different female golfer who would have been a U.S. Citizen. The same number of young U.S women would have been killed.

Furthermore, the immigrant killer would have almost certainly chosen to kill a different immigrant girl from his country. So the same number of young immigrant girls would be dead.

The difference? Millions of other perfectly good immigrants wouldn't have the opportunity for a better life here in America, and millions of American businesses would be struggling to find employees without access to cheap immigrant labor.

nothing, look at history of humanity, this violence and evil has occurred throughout all of human history. Evne worse, much of it was supported by the masses

And this type of crime is, historically speaking, on the decline.

Then, her killer led police to her body, and he turned out to be here illegally.
Actually, no he wasn't. He was here legally. He was legally employed on a farm owned by a prominent Iowa Republican Family.

BTW, how do you know that the killer here was male? Maybe it was a jealous female competitor.
Read the article. Her killer has been charged. He was found with her blood on his shorts and a number of wounds that were made by someone clawing at him.

I think you are missing the point as well.

A murder is a murder is a murder, you may never solve this issue.

if this 'White" guy was a legal resident he legally walks among us and is still a criminal.

The Other guy was illegally in our country, potentially preventable and could have saved Mollies life.

BOTH are tragic deaths.... BOTH committed by heinous individuals but ONE was potentially avoidable. that is the difference

I don't consider it reasonable, or even possible, to displace all eleven-million undocumented immigrants because this one murder happened. If you really want to go down this route, we could nuke the entire middle-east to cut down on Islamic terrorism.

The 'this one was illegal, thus preventable' arguement doesn't float with me. If we are specifically talking about deporting people that we know are sketchy, then I'm fine with pouring resources into such efforts, and you can forget this whole post if that's what you're talking about. However, if we actually managed to do what many right-wingers seem to want, I think we'd be hurting far more people than we'd help, and at a net-cost to the nation.

Saying racism wasn't a driving force for either crime is playing the "race card"?

Wouldn't it be playing the not "race card"? Or is the "not race card" still part of the "race card"?

In post 19 Mr. Wonka is suggesting the deportation of white males.

How is that NOT playing the race card?

No picture of the accused in a single article? Undisputable evidence that he must be an immigrant or black.

:D

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

The OP obviously believes that everyone from Spain has brown skin and black hair.

As I suspected, you did not understand the OP. Perhaps read it a couple more times?

You want to deport American white boys?

Why not? If you think deporting Immigrant men is the correct solution to the first murder why wouldn't deporting American white boys be the solution to the second?

Yea, a lot of posts happened between when I hit Reply With Quote, and when I hit Post Quick Reply.

A white, Spanish legal immigrant.

So you're saying you grasp less than nothing about this thread. She's a Spanish immigrant. The shade of her skin is irrelevant, her status as an immigrant and the fact that a citizen killed her is the only thing that is relevant.

How so? Are you saying that death couldn't happen if Republicans didn't bring workers over to work here illegally (which is why he was here)? Because my point is that the nationality of a person doesn't change the crime. Murder is murder. These girls are both dead. Both families lost a loved one.

What does a Republican have to do with this? Hell any political affiliation? NOTHING.

With that. Nationality has NOTHING to do with it either. Other than that a person of X nationality origin committed a crime.

Murder is MURDER yes 100%

But if the Law of the land was STRICTLY enforced by how it was enacted by congress (NOT TRUMP) then Kate Stinely as well as Molli Tibbets my STILL be alive.... which was potentially preventable.

This young lady unfortunately did NOT have that same potentiality.

So you're saying you grasp less than nothing about this thread. She's a Spanish immigrant. The shade of her skin is irrelevant, her status as an immigrant and the fact that a citizen killed her is the only thing that is relevant.

I fully grasp the race baiting.

You and your ilk played the race card when you used the murder of a U.S. Citizen to justify the deportation of all Latino immigrants. I'm playing the card back at you.

You and your ilk played the race card when you used the murder of a U.S. Citizen to justify the deportation of all Latino immigrants. I'm playing the card back at you.

Sounds like butthurt, now.

Edit: I'm not the topic

I don't consider it reasonable, or even possible, to displace all eleven-million undocumented immigrants because this one murder happened. If you really want to go down this route, we could nuke the entire middle-east to cut down on Islamic terrorism.

The 'this one was illegal, thus preventable' arguement doesn't float with me. If we are specifically talking about deporting people that we know are sketchy, then I'm fine with pouring resources into such efforts, and you can forget this whole post if that's what you're talking about. However, if we actually managed to do what many right-wingers seem to want, I think we'd be hurting far more people than we'd help, and at a net-cost to the nation.

Actually I not insighitng a right winger tactic, Im am just staing the obvious. I do NOT have a justifiable answer but I do have the first factual logical retort. That is X person was illegal to begin with X person committed a henoius act that if immigration was fully enforced X person MAY NOT have lost their life

With that, for someone else to CRY why trump is NOT making a big deal about this death is intended to be inflammatory THATS IT. I indicated 13 death in a single month 72 shot in Chicago alone deadliest summer month.... How much did Trump talk about it? More so what about CNN and Fox New's Coverage.... minimal.

so again murder withing are nation is going to happen, regardless of skin, nationality, gender, religious belief but if a death COULD be preventable by executing what is existing law is kinda no Excuse.....

Cristhian Bahena Rivera presented an out-of-state government-issued photo identification and a matching social security card when he was hired in 2014. Lang says, “our employee is not who he said he was.”

Lang said the farm ran the information through the Social Security Administration’s employment verification system and it checked out.

How exactly are you planning on justifying the deportation of this man when his legal documents check out?

That's the joke.

Some posters have run around in the past claiming that no picture in whatever article they find is proof that it isn't a white person that is responsible.

When I have to explain a joke, the problem isn't the joke, it's your lack of information.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

You mean because you're butthurt about your own glaring intellectual dishonest being shoved up your ass?

Again, the thread isn't about me.

Back
Top Bottom