• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lost in the scuffle.

Over arching data on gun suicides though it kind of hard to ignore. Sure many would still be hellbent on killing themselves and eventually would but as Australia shows, if you take away the simplicity of it all, it drops.

How is buying a gun, buying bullets, loading the gun with bullets, simpler than drinking poison or sleep pills?

But not in every murder.

Did I say it was?

If you want to claim the majority are done with guns go ahead, but when someone points out that blacks commit a vastly disproportionate amount of crime in this country are we going to ban blacks?

Well that would certainly be right in line with the reasoning used by others in this thread: focus on the person, not the gun. I wonder how thrilled others on your side of the position would be to share your logic.

So why focus on guns? It's murder and/or suicide that should be the focus.

Because guns were preferred in the overwhelming majority of murders and suicides. Guns are clearly facilitating these deaths.

I'd be very interested in your suggestions for the bold but I dont believe that is what the OP wants. And since I've asked you before and you refused to distinguish between laws requiring 'inconvenience' and laws affecting life and death, I'm not sure it would be productive.

Explain.

Because guns were preferred in the overwhelming majority of murders and suicides. Guns are clearly facilitating these deaths.

No they are not. Guns are simply a convenient tool. They are no more facilitating than knives, water, box cutters, aircraft, rocks, to name a few.

If the goal is to prevent murders and suicides, we must address murder and suicide and their causes.

No they are not. Guns are simply a convenient tool.

You just contradicted yourself, or you don't know what "facilitate" means.

How is buying a gun, buying bullets, loading the gun with bullets, simpler than drinking poison or sleep pills?

I'm not saying someone with suicidal intent does that. I'm saying if you have suicidal intent and a gun is in the house... Done and done. Doesn't get much more simple than that.

I'm not saying someone with suicidal intent does that. I'm saying if you have suicidal intent and a gun is in the house... Done and done. Doesn't get much more simple than that.

My dark humor compels me to ask why ya haten on suicidal folks? Maken em work for it, eh?

Yet the largest number of killings has come with bombs and airplanes???

My dark humor compels me to ask why ya haten on suicidal folks? Maken em work for it, eh?

Nah.. Its just that when the element of simplistic spontaneity is removed from the suicide equation the likelihood that they change their mind seems to increase rather dramatically.

Guns are commonly used in suicides in which people killed themselves with guns? Yes, I would certainly imagine that to be the case. As for the other types of suicide, those are not with guns so I'm not looking at those cases.

Guns are used in approx 50% of the cases in the US. They are not used in a statistically significant manner in the UK, Japan, or Australia, modern countries with suicide rates let capita that mirror ours. Guns are only a means. Actively suicidal people commit suicide, regardless of means. Guns are no more relevant to suicide than are belts, closets, fast moving trains, poisons, or window in high rise apartments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is the blame the tool argument if applied when trucks are used as weapons to perform mass killings. Those truck enthusiasts think it's a loose nut behind the wheel problem, not a truck problem.

I would be happy to regulate guns to the same extent as we regulate trucks, which must be registered, inspected, are subject to search and seizure, and the operators must demonstrate competence.

Before i read your post, which i will. many drugs come through the Mexican border, not in dispute. many people, including teens, die from drug overdoses or use. Does that mean that you support a border wall to lessen drug and gun trafficking?

just looking to see if you are consistent in your reasoning.

Most drugs come in trucks and ships, which a wall will not stop

I would be happy to regulate guns to the same extent as we regulate trucks, which must be registered, inspected, are subject to search and seizure, and the operators must demonstrate competence.

I am sure that you would be - how about use at age 16 and no restrictions for use on private property?

I am sure that you would be - how about use at age 16

Trucks have age restrictions. The age restrictions need not be identical. After all, a truck is not a gun.

and no restrictions for use on private property?

Again, a truck is not a gun.

I talked about regulating guns to the same extent as trucks; not regulating guns in exactly the same way as trucks

Trucks have age restrictions. The age restrictions need not be identical. After all, a truck is not a gun.

Again, a truck is not a gun.

And driving on public roadways is not a right.

You need to read and comprehend the 2nd amendment.

Did you not ever hear of the BATH bombing and or 9/11?

What was the total number of fatalities for those attacks? And please source your answers.

What was the total number of fatalities for those attacks? And please source your answers.

Please it's common knowledge, perhaps your knowledge isn't as common as you'd like to think.

Please it's common knowledge, perhaps your knowledge isn't as common as you'd like to think.

Do you not know how many people actually died? Did you not research anything before you posted?

Back
Top Bottom