• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[Live] 2020 Dem NV Primary Debate Live Thread!

It's interesting that the front runner, Sanders, isn't being attacked that much. The attacks were on Bloomberg.

The debate has been a bit neutral for Sanders. Not great, not horrible.

Warren by far, very far, the best.

Buttigieg very good except for one mean exchange.

Biden much better than in any previous debate.

Klobuchar continues to look like a light weight.

Bloomberg, full blown disaster, might stop his momentum and reverse his percentage growth in polls.

On Amy forgetting the name of the Mexican president, Pete should have just said "it's OK to have a temporary lapse and forget a name; what I didn't like is your excuse that this is not Jeopardy. That is demeaning to Mexico and not presidential."

Period, full stop.

The way he piled up on her, he looked petty and mean. Not a good look. He kind of undid all the good performance he was having.

So far, Warren has been the best.

A part of me just wants to see Buttigieg debate trump.

I suspect that would be spectacular!

Imagining asking two people who caucus with the Democratic Party to form a new party in order to make way for a racist, sexist, billionaire mayor who was cheering on Bush at the Republican National Convention a few years back.

Liz used to be a Republican too. Ronald Reagan once was a democrat. Hillary used to be a woman....

How does that song by The Kinks go?

OK...never mind my earlier comments...they should just go back to attacking each other. Their responses to policy questions are worse. Joe touts a failing solar farm that he wants to harness and send out to even MORE homes...but it only supports 60k homes and there are 138k homes in the area it is feeding so he is just using local talking points and talking out of his ass. Bloomberg just spewed anti Trump rhetoric. Liz says Im going to stop all drilling and mining...except we'll make a difference if necessary. Bernie channels Greta, but cant answer the factual questions about HOW to actual do what they are claiming they want to do.

Go back to attacking each other. Thats...sad.

Yes, weakest part of the debate.

America is currently the #1 producer of oil in the world at the moment. And most of that comes from fracking.

Banning fracking will hurt the economy.

It probably will, but changing technologies and reality of a developing world sometimes mean jobs disappear in one area and appear in others.

100 years ago nearly a million Americans were employed in the coal industry. Now there are something like 60,000 I believe.

America is currently the #1 producer of oil in the world at the moment. And most of that comes from fracking.

Not to mention that they want to ban natural gas. It's like listening to a bunch of third graders.

Trump has an infrastructure plan too. He couldn't get it passed with a republican congress and republican senate.

I think Obama had one too.

Agreed on Warren, simply brilliant. Finally coming out as what she is: highly intelligent and well prepared. Her weakness is that she doesn't know how to show it, how to campaign, but today she seems to have finally found in herself how to express herself for the people.

If Warren had had similar performances from the beginning she would be leading this race.

She would really make an excellent President.

It's interesting that the front runner, Sanders, isn't being attacked that much. The attacks were on Bloomberg.

The debate has been a bit neutral for Sanders. Not great, not horrible.

Warren by far, very far, the best.

Buttigieg very good except for one mean exchange.

Biden much better than in any previous debate.

Klobuchar continues to look like a light weight.

Bloomberg, full blown disaster, might stop his momentum and reverse his percentage growth in polls.

Buttigieg looked petty IMO, and aside from his canned opening, I wasn't really impressed.

Warren was astonishing.

Ultimately I don't think that this debate will change much aside from burning a metric ****ton of Bloomberg's cash and progress.

Got to admit Sanders might be the most sincere guy/gal on the stage.

True, he does believe this stuff, same way that Ralph Nader believed in his statements, and Ross Perot his. Problem is that ideologues rarely end up getting elected in this country.... well, other than FDR.

On Amy forgetting the name of the Mexican president, Pete should have just said "it's OK to have a temporary lapse and forget a name; what I didn't like is your excuse that this is not Jeopardy. That is demeaning to Mexico and not presidential."

Period, full stop.

The way he piled up on her, he looked petty and mean. Not a good look. He kind of undid all the good performance he was having.

So far, Warren has been the best.
Disagree.

Pete showed that Amy can't handle criticism very well. It wasn't a brain fart moment, she clearly was ignorant of Mexican politics in general. There's a divide between those of your opinion, and those that think Pete needed it to show Amy not handling pressure very well.

My rankings.

1. Warren.
2. Pete.
3. Sanders.
4. Amy.
5. Biden.
6. Bloomberg.

Bloomberg took a beating and he keeps going.

A tweet my wife just read to me sums up this debate in a nutshell.

MNBC: Welcome to the Democratic National Debate.

Warren: Mike Bloomberg is a piece of ****.

Short term profits, long term consequences.

A tweet my wife just read to me sums up this debate in a nutshell.

MNBC: Welcome to the Democratic National Debate.

Warren: Mike Bloomberg is a piece of ****.

And she's right.

Bloomberg isn't elegant or inspiring, and despite his being rational & sensible in his defense - he's taking some heavy hits.

He needs to check his facial demeanor to when he is attacked by a woman. He should have watched 40 hours of Bill Clinton tapes to know how to have a blank look that isn't sneery at best.

Disagree.

Pete showed that Amy can't handle criticism very well. It wasn't a brain fart moment, she clearly was ignorant of Mexican politics in general. There's a divide between those of your opinion, and those that think Pete needed it to show Amy not handling pressure very well.

My rankings.

1. Warren.
2. Pete.
3. Sanders.
4. Amy.
5. Biden.
6. Bloomberg.
I'll second your rating, but switch Biden & Klobuchar.

No question that the way Liz tried to reconcile was ham-handed. i remember that particular debate and Liz simply did not handle that well either in the debate nor in her public comments regarding Medicare for All just before that debate.

I have said for awhile, that Liz's real place is in government, not in politics. A dem needs to win in 2020 and get that lady into their cabinet as a cabinet secretary somewhere. She is doing well tonight. But her ability to make a real ugly political cockup is epic.

She would run rings around Idiot DeVos at Education for example. Would not put her at Treasury though she is capable. Business and Corporate interests would consider that a declaration of war.

Agreed, but I dissent with you entirely on her cabinet appointment; would more than love to have her in Bernie's administration as Secretary of the Treasury; those interests have gotten a pass and looted this country for far too long.

Biden is going to get a boost from this.

If the Facebook link that is live streaming the debate is an indiciation, this has been a bad night for everyone on the panel.

She would really make an excellent President.

The single longest holding political truth in America from the mid-20th century till today is that Republicans (or now T-party folk) know how to run for office and Dems know how to govern. Surely that is the single most significant dichotomy in American politics from mid-20th Century till today. Liz might just be the very best example of that we have.

Back
Top Bottom