• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[Live] 2020 Dem NV Primary Debate Live Thread!

Why, when the ones who even work two or three jobs still often barely manage to get paid enough to hold it all together?
That is how most of our new "low unemployment" economy works now.

Did you know that in some parts of India, "BEGGAR" is sometimes classified as a person's job?
Those particular provinces can claim ZERO unemployment.

You don't see a problem with a man becoming a millionaire in public office when his post didn't pay anywhere near that?

You should have a problem with that.

You don't see a problem with a man becoming a millionaire in public office when his post didn't pay anywhere near that?

You should have a problem with that.

If you tell me where you hid the time machine, I'll explain the modern world.

71% in, now. Biden got a more significant lead over Buttigieg, looks poised to secure second place (1,774 votes ahead). Bernie went up a bit, now with 40.9 percent, and with Warren's 11.1% the progressives are again at 52% of the popular vote, their best showing so far. Buttigieg dropped to 17.2%. Klobuchar 6.9%.

If the economy does not turn between now and November the idea that the country will turn it over to Bernie is yet another Bernie supporter fantasy. I will still vote for Bernie if forced by circumstances to support him in an effort to oust Trump but IMO Bernie will lose to Trump and lose the Dems control of the House without gaining control of the Senate.

Makes no sense seeing as how a strong coalition of a wide variety of Democrats in a majority would cut off the Republican Trump agenda AND also serve as a buffer zone for Dems who think Bernie's position is too far left for them.
Who on Earth is crazy enough to cut their own Congressional advantage off because they don't lean as far left as their POTUS?
It makes zero sense.

The entire premise of a POTUS candidate poisoning an existing majority makes no sense.
Imagine if we had transitioned directly from Bush43 to Trump during a stretch of GOP Congress majorities. Do you honestly believe that Republican voters would have slashed that existing majority because they wanted Trump to be more centrist like Bush?

Reminds me of a line from Dylan: "That's like saying 'I got a cold, think I'll take a shot of malaria'."

(Talkin' Paranoid John Birch Society Blues)

87% of the vote counted, sharp turn in delegate allocation as Bernie and Biden are pulling further ahead, dislodging Buttigieg from the delegate threshold in some congressional districts.

So now Sanders is projected to earn 24 delegates, Biden 9, and Buttigieg only 3.

Still 13% more to be counted, we'll see if these numbers still change.

Bernie now with 47.7% of delegate-equivalents, Biden with 20.82%, and Buttigieg down to 13.69%, but still above the delegate threshold in two of the four districts, earning one delegate in one of them, and two in the other one.

So Buttigieg's strong performance of earlier, is fading; the counting must have hit a Biden-rich spot. If Biden continues to distance himself ahead of Buttigieg, it is conceivable that the latter would fail to earn delegates all together. This is the last suspense in this race, given that everything else appears fairly decided already, as far as Sanders goes.

In popular vote Sanders remain sort of stationary at 40.7%.

Makes no sense seeing as how a strong coalition of a wide variety of Democrats in a majority would cut off the Republican Trump agenda AND also serve as a buffer zone for Dems who think Bernie's position is too far left for them.
Who on Earth is crazy enough to cut their own Congressional advantage off because they don't lean as far left as their POTUS?
It makes zero sense.

The entire premise of a POTUS candidate poisoning an existing majority makes no sense.
Imagine if we had transitioned directly from Bush43 to Trump during a stretch of GOP Congress majorities. Do you honestly believe that Republican voters would have slashed that existing majority because they wanted Trump to be more centrist like Bush?

Reminds me of a line from Dylan: "That's like saying 'I got a cold, think I'll take a shot of malaria'."

(Talkin' Paranoid John Birch Society Blues)

Fabulous post. This is a mortal blow on the silly idea that Bernie, who is likely to stimulate a huge turnout (with people then voting straight Dem ticket) will hurt the races down ballot.

What would hurt the downballot races would be Sleepy Joe stimulating a low Dem turnout. Or Bloomberg making 30% of the party sympathizers defect or sit out.

Back
Top Bottom