• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberal Logic

I'm conservative and I desire fewer laws and greater individual freedom. I see expanding government as a problem. I see increased centralization of Government as the major problem of our time domestically.

A Liberal on the other hand, sees government as the solution to everything. A liberal views greater taxation (on other people) as a good thing. A Liberal views greater support (for themselves) as a good thing.

As a Liberal yourself who claims to want a smaller government, what laws would you like to see repealed? What taxes would you like to see reduced? What subsidies eliminated?

Just wondering...

Well, I haven't made any claims but here's a start- I think drugs should be legal. All drugs. Imagine how much money that would free up and how much crime it would prevent?

illegal abortions are usually unsafe unlike guns ,guns are always unsafe whether they are legal or not.but of course if anyone is allowed to own guns legally it is more dangerous than abortion

Guns are intended to be unsafe for the guy in front. That is why I have one. If they were safe, like water pistols, I don't think I would bother.

Scalpels - or whatever diabolical tools the abortion "doctors" use - are intended to be unsafe for the baby. Except that babies seldom commit atrocities beyond a desire to survive inside a crazy woman who got pregnant, with all the means available to the idiot not to.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't made any claims but here's a start- I think drugs should be legal. All drugs. Imagine how much money that would free up and how much crime it would prevent?

That would be a good thing if for no other reason than the regulation of them and the ability of taxing the consumption. Then there's the whole FDA involvement instead of the ATF. I think would be a net income generator for the government, not to mention the existing drug outlets.

Anything else?

That would be a good thing if for no other reason than the regulation of them and the ability of taxing the consumption. Then there's the whole FDA involvement instead of the ATF. I think would be a net income generator for the government, not to mention the existing drug outlets.

Anything else?

The idea is as stupid as they ever come. Would anyone want to make drugs "legal" at home and have a bunch of zombies laying around in stupor? An idea which is even dumber is to let the government tax yet another drug the way they tax cigs and booze. Once there is a tax imposed on anything, the tax collectors want more of what they can put their greedy hands on, not less. The government addiction to money is far greater and more damaging than any other form.

Well then, let's make murder legal as well. "Imagine how much money that would free up and how much crime it would prevent?" (Since murder will no longer be a crime.)

The idea is as stupid as they ever come. Would anyone want to make drugs "legal" at home and have a bunch of zombies laying around in stupor? An idea which is even dumber is to let the government tax yet another drug the way they tax cigs and booze. Once there is a tax imposed on anything, the tax collectors want more of what they can put their greedy hands on, not less. The government addiction to money is far greater and more damaging than any other form.

You mean like making alcohol legal?

The "mob" was made rich on the criminality of liquor.

Now it's the Drug Cartels.

People are going to get the drugs whether they are legal or not. If they are legal, then recreational drugs can be regulated and taxed.

The Cartels are immediately defunded and the illegal border traffic is reduced. All of this is done without massively increasing the police presence in the country or international invasions to attack the cartels.

Doing nothing means nothing improves, tax revenues do not increase and all of the enforcement costs continue to rise.

Which part of this is stupid?

You mean like making alcohol legal?

The "mob" was made rich on the criminality of liquor.

Now it's the Drug Cartels.

People are going to get the drugs whether they are legal or not. If they are legal, then recreational drugs can be regulated and taxed.

The Cartels are immediately defunded and the illegal border traffic is reduced. All of this is done without massively increasing the police presence in the country or international invasions to attack the cartels.

Doing nothing means nothing improves, tax revenues do not increase and all of the enforcement costs continue to rise.

Which part of this is stupid?

That part: Would anyone want to make drugs "legal" at home and have a bunch of zombies laying around in stupor?

Afraid you'll lose?

...and especially liberals from Canada, a disgusting place where abortions are allowed at any moment during pregnancy and for any reason, which, of course, includes gender selection. Just as in China and North Korea.

Well then, let's make murder legal as well. "Imagine how much money that would free up and how much crime it would prevent?" (Since murder will no longer be a crime.)

A brilliant idea which would actually reduce murder rates. According to the liberal dogma, death penalty does not deter, which, to any intelligent person like me, means that nothing deters. Except the fear of instant death delivered by my shiny and well lubricated Beretta. No Miranda, juries, appeals, bad childhood crap, and s*** like that.

Which brings me to my second point. Once murder is legal, all those who do not wish to die a violent death would have to arm themselves. Every single person. Kind of like the Soviets and the US were armed to the teeth and nobody died.

But it gets better. Murder being legal would allow me, or anyone close to me, to shoot the attacker at my discretion, on sight, and without any consequences, civil or criminal.

I am beginning to love your idea.

...and your solution to social ills is abortion. I have proper words for this but I can't use them or I would be banned from this forum for life. Bye.

So how do you explain that near 10 million children under the age of five die every year from "preventable causes"?

That part: Would anyone want to make drugs "legal" at home and have a bunch of zombies laying around in stupor?

The point is, the drugs are already here and are being sold on a Black Market.

We are not talking about availability or lack of availability. We are talking about standards and regulation along with another stream of tax revenue.

The drugs are already present and available. The advent of Zombies lying around in a stupor is not the result of legalization any more than it is the result of prohibition.

That's absurd.
The drug problem isn't that a bunch of losers are throwing away their lives with addiction, they do that anyway, legal or not. The problem is they're stealing from you and I to do it.
Heroin and cocaine have been illegal for about a hundred years. How's that been working out so far? Is progress being made? No. All the prohibition has done is make a lot of nasty, vicious, evil people very rich. And make America the most incarcerated nation in the world. The free, developed world anyway.

Conservative logic: Restricting access to guns won't stop criminals, but will only punish law-abiding citizens, but restricting access to bathrooms WILL stop criminals and WON'T punish law-abiding citizens.

Yeah, doesn't make any sense to me, either.

If you look at it from a law enforcement perspective, all a public bathroom Peeping Tom needs to do to be legal is put on a wig and lipstick.

Anything else?

Your turn. Do you support the Patriot Act and the formation of the Department of Homeland Security?

A brilliant idea which would actually reduce murder rates. According to the liberal dogma, death penalty does not deter, which, to any intelligent person like me, means that nothing deters. Except the fear of instant death delivered by my shiny and well lubricated Beretta. No Miranda, juries, appeals, bad childhood crap, and s*** like that.

Which brings me to my second point. Once murder is legal, all those who do not wish to die a violent death would have to arm themselves. Every single person. Kind of like the Soviets and the US were armed to the teeth and nobody died.

But it gets better. Murder being legal would allow me, or anyone close to me, to shoot the attacker at my discretion, on sight, and without any consequences, civil or criminal.

I am beginning to love your idea.

Ya know, you're not being as facetious as you think you are (you are being facetious, right?). Laws don't prevent anything, I keep saying that because I know it on a personal level. I'm not law-abiding at all- I ignore laws I disagree with whenever I think I can get away with it. It's my sense of right and wrong that prevents me from stealing and killing and assaulting people, not the law.
But laws do put tools in the hands of those charged with maintaining order in our society. That's what laws are for.
And the death penalty isn't a deterrent. If it were, the murder rate would be lower in jurisdictions that applied it but the opposite is often true. What the death penalty is, is revenge. Vengeance, closure, however you want to phrase it. And that has value. But don't kid yourself that applying capital punishment is being tough on crime.

Here's more:

Raising taxes on cigarettes will slow smoking.

Raising taxes on business will not slow business.

Mmm, please prove the first as a premise the Democratic party believes. It's a generator of revenue, not applied as a limitor.

illegal abortions are usually unsafe unlike guns ,guns are always unsafe whether they are legal or not.but of course if anyone is allowed to own guns legally it is more dangerous than abortion

"Illegal" guns and "illegal" guns *might* work to make your point.

But legal abortion and legal guns tend to be pretty safe.

Assult weapons were designed for military assult.
Not for hunting nor for protection.

true but the 2A is not about hunting or protection, it is about preventing govt tyranny (a military goal).

true but the 2A is not about hunting or protection, it is about preventing govt tyranny (a military goal).

Actually she's wrong. Assault weapons is just a political term.

If you look at it from a law enforcement perspective, all a public bathroom Peeping Tom needs to do to be legal is put on a wig and lipstick.

Incorrect. "Peeping" would be illegal regardless of how one is dressed.

I'm conservative and I desire fewer laws and greater individual freedom. I see expanding government as a problem. I see increased centralization of Government as the major problem of our time domestically.

A Liberal on the other hand, sees government as the solution to everything. A liberal views greater taxation (on other people) as a good thing. A Liberal views greater support (for themselves) as a good thing.

As a Liberal yourself who claims to want a smaller government, what laws would you like to see repealed? What taxes would you like to see reduced? What subsidies eliminated?

Just wondering...

What a load of horse ****. None of that is true of myself, a liberal Democrat, nor most that I know.

Feel free to provide some realistic sources as a foundation for your fantasy.

...and your solution to social ills is abortion. I have proper words for this but I can't use them or I would be banned from this forum for life. Bye.

Ha ha ha. So, that was not the claim.

The claim was that your statement re: immigration and abortion was BS. I called you out on that and asked you to provide sources for any negative effects on society from abortion.

Then YOU asked me for some benefits. Which I courteously provided. Do you disagree with my information?

Back
Top Bottom