• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberal Logic (1 Viewer)

Which I showed was crap by their desire to ban what they call assault weapons.

Assault weapons are "all guns"? Hmmmm......

Are they guns? Yes.

The post which I quoted had to do with the lie that implicates all liberals as wanting all guns banned. Assault weapons are a type of gun. But not "all guns". Are you saying that all guns are in the category of "assault weapons"? Yes or no.

The post which I quoted had to do with the lie that implicates all liberals as wanting all guns banned. Assault weapons are a type of gun. But not "all guns". Are you saying that all guns are in the category of "assault weapons"? Yes or no.

I can think of no instance where they stood behind gun rights. They are opposed to concealed carry, they are opposed to open carry, they have passed laws to ban anything larger than ten round cartridges, they voiced desires to ban cartridges all together, they want people to wait before they get a gun, they support barring certain people from having guns, they passed laws that banned certain kinds of guns, they have passed laws that took peoples guns, and they have passed laws to tax gun and ammo sales.

Last edited:

Any gun can be placed in the category of assault weapons at will. We're now seeing that in California where they are trying to expend the category of Assault Weapon to include all rifles that accept detachable magazines. Once they establish the category they can put whatever they want in it

One abortion = no problem. 1,000,000 abortions = big problem.

Those missing people are now being replaced by the scum from Latin America. Do you know that one-fifth of El Salvador and a quarter of Mexico is already here and more are coming? They come here to overrun your schools, hospitals and prisons, and bring with them diseases, drugs and crime. What a deal.

Now, it's your turn to show us those mysterious and so well documented benefits to the society. Go.

Please prove that there is a shortage of workers in America. There is not. For example: In agricultural areas where farmers tried to ONLY hire legally and pay more, they still could not keep American citizens on the job, even if they got applications. The work was 'too hard.' Didnt pay 'enough.'

There are hundreds of thousands unemployed Americans. Sorry, you'll have to prove your claim.

Benefits to society:

Here's a couple of links, indluding one from a pro-life site:

Social impacts
Praise for Our Work
*ELLIOT INSTITUTE OUR MISSION & MINISTRY OUR MISSION & MINISTRY S COMPASSIONATE OUTREACH PRO-WOMAN /*PRO-LIFE
Post-Abortion Research, Education and Advocacy*Pro-life*and pro-family leaders applaud our research, our education and outreach initiatives, and*our efforts to end abortion*with compassion by building on the pivotal truth that the welfare of a mother and her unborn child are inseparable.
From: CDC - About Teen Pregnancy - Teen Pregnancy - Reproductive Health
"In 2008, teen pregnancy and childbirth accounted for nearly $11 billion per year in costs to U.S. taxpayers for increased health care and foster care, increased incarceration rates among children of teen parents, and lost tax revenue because of lower educational attainment and income among teen mothers."
"Pregnancy and birth are significant contributors to high school drop out rates among girls. Only about 50% of teen mothers receive a high school diploma by 22 years of age, versus approximately 90% of women who had not given birth during adolescence."
"The children of teenage mothers are more likely to have lower school achievement and drop out of high school, have more health problems, be incarcerated at some time during adolescence, give birth as a teenager, and face unemployment as a young adult."

From <http://www.debatepolitics.com/abortion/186435-question-pro-lifers-w-79-a-20.html#post1063097282>

Children in single-parent households are burdened not only with profound economic disadvantages, but are also far likelier to eventually get into trouble with the law. As a Heritage Foundation analysis notes, youngsters raised by single parents, as compared to those who grow up in intact married homes, are much more likely to be physically abused; to be treated for emotional and behavioral disorders; to smoke, drink, and use drugs; to behave aggressively and violently; to engage in criminal activity; and to be arrested for a juvenile crime. According to the National Fatherhood Initiative, 60% of rapists, 72% of adolescent murderers, and 70% of long-term prison inmates are men who grew up in fatherless homes.*
Poverty and Crime - Discover the Networks

Poverty and Crime - Discover the Networks

Overall, children in single parent homes and/or socio-economically challenged homes are at higher risk of dropping out of high school, never going to college or developing a career (rather than just a job), becoming juvenile delinquents, going into foster care, becoming criminals, entering the court and prison systems. All these things have high costs, socially and financially.

"Without abortions, there would be 50,000,000 million more Americans, and the justification to let foreigners to come here would simply not exist. These criminals are not coming to the US. Only to the border. Beyond that, it is the American criminal government that is deliberately letting the scum in. See the difference? How is this equal to the alleged claim of mine that making abortion illegal would stop illegal immigration?

It would not stop it. And making abortion illegal would not stop women from terminating their pregnancies either. We saw this when it was illegal - it still happened.

After I graduated from University of British Columbia medical school in 1962, I went to Chicago, where I served my internship and Ob/Gyn residency at Cook County Hospital. At that time, Cook County had about 3,000 beds, and served a mainly indigent population. If you were really sick, or really poor, or both, Cook County was where you went.

The first month of my internship was spent on Ward 41, the septic obstetrics ward. Yes, it’s hard to believe now, but in those days, they had one ward dedicated exclusively to septic complications of pregnancy.

About 90% of the patients were there with complications of septic abortion. The ward had about 40 beds, in addition to extra beds which lined the halls. Each day we admitted between 10-30 septic abortion patients. We had about one death a month, usually from septic shock associated with hemorrhage.

Why I am an Abortion Doctor, by Dr. Garson Romalis - The Toronto Review of Books

This is just one hospital in Canada and only the complications of illegal abortion severe enough to require hospitalization.

I can think of no instance where they stood behind gun rights. They are opposed to concealed carry, they are opposed to open carry, they have passed laws to ban anything larger than ten round cartridges, they voiced desires to ban cartridges all together, they want people to wait before they get a gun, they support barring certain people from having guns, they passed laws that banned certain kinds of guns, they have passed laws that took peoples guns, and they have passed laws to tax gun and ammo sales.

So the answer is NO, they did not say they want to ban all guns for civilians. The post that I was referring to was a lie.

Any gun can be placed in the category of assault weapons at will. We're now seeing that in California where they are trying to expend the category of Assault Weapon to include all rifles that accept detachable magazines. Once they establish the category they can put whatever they want in it
e
We are looking at what is currently accepted terminology. Oh, I forgot, this is the abortion forum....correct terminology can be difficult for some.;)

So the answer is NO, they did not say they want to ban all guns for civilians. The post that I was referring to was a lie.

Do you know why the term assault weapons came to pass? Look back at one of my earlier posts to see why. All the democrats have to do is make people scared of a certain gun and then go forth and ban it. One of the great ways to do this is put it under a class of gun that sounds scary.

The word "ban" seems to come up more in conservative logic than it does liberals. It's practically the first thing that comes out of their mouth...oh wait. :roll:

Conservatives are also more inclined to want books, movies and video games banned...

Health & Life - Adults Are More Likely To Believe There Are Books That Should Be Banned Than Movies, Television Shows, or Video Games

That's why your party is the party of regulations even how large of a soda you can drink ! :lamo

Do you know why the term assault weapons came to pass? Look back at one of my earlier posts to see why. All the democrats have to do is make people scared of a certain gun and then go forth and ban it. One of the great ways to do this is put it under a class of gun that sounds scary.

Again, all of this started because another poster indicated that the liberal agenda is to ban all guns for civilians.

DO some liberals want this. No doubt. It CLEARLY and emphatically is not the party platform. By the way, did Obama take all your guns? I still have mine.

One abortion = no problem. 1,000,000 abortions = big problem.

Those missing people are now being replaced by the scum from Latin America. Do you know that one-fifth of El Salvador and a quarter of Mexico is already here and more are coming? They come here to overrun your schools, hospitals and prisons, and bring with them diseases, drugs and crime. What a deal.

On the list of the top 20 world's worst hellholes with the highest murder rates, 18 are south of your border with Mexico, which is wide open for cheap labor and to support the biggest Ponzi scheme ever - the Social Security system that is going broke unable to keep up with the aging US population. For comparison, during the entire WW2, the US casualties were about 500,000. Today, it takes only 6 months of war on babies to match that head count. BTW, do fetuses have heads?

Now, it's your turn to show us those mysterious and so well documented benefits to the society. Go.

I'm not sure about your source or math.

Do you have a link on the number of Mexicans illegally in the USA? These two links would seem to indicate you have faulty sources.

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

Mexico Population (2016) - Worldometers

Well, I'm as liberal as all get-out and my logic tells me that laws don't prevent anything, cops don't protect anyone and anytime someone wants more laws or fewer rights, you're talking to a conservative.

I'm conservative and I desire fewer laws and greater individual freedom. I see expanding government as a problem. I see increased centralization of Government as the major problem of our time domestically.

A Liberal on the other hand, sees government as the solution to everything. A liberal views greater taxation (on other people) as a good thing. A Liberal views greater support (for themselves) as a good thing.

As a Liberal yourself who claims to want a smaller government, what laws would you like to see repealed? What taxes would you like to see reduced? What subsidies eliminated?

Just wondering...

Overall, children in single parent homes and/or socio-economically challenged homes are at higher risk of dropping out of high school, never going to college or developing a career (rather than just a job), becoming juvenile delinquents, going into foster care, becoming criminals, entering the court and prison systems. All these things have high costs, socially and financially.

...and your solution to social ills is abortion. I have proper words for this but I can't use them or I would be banned from this forum for life. Bye.

...and your solution to social ills is abortion. I have proper words for this but I can't use them or I would be banned from this forum for life. Bye.

And if I used the words to truly describe men who believe they have to right to discriminate against women for having a uterus - I'd be banned.

No, legal abortion within the parameters of Roe vs Wade is the solution for women who choose not to continue an unwanted pregnancy or a medically unhealthy pregnancy ( materal or fetal medical problems with the pregnacy) .

And if I used the words to truly describe men who believe they have to right to discriminate against women for having a uterus - I'd be banned.

I'm pretty sure the issue is women killing their unborn children.

I'm pretty sure the issue is women killing their unborn children.

The same women that the pro-lifers want to force give birth and care for these children, because they care so much for the children.

Sounds like you are making a lot of excuses because you can't support your argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom