• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leah Remini to tackle Jehovah's Witnesses

No reaction to the post about the earthquake and zombies walking around that only Matthew noticed. The other gospel authors thought that it was too trivial to mention and no Jewish or Roman writers noticed it.

I disagree. There are people who I subjectively judge as evil. There are some behaviors that are so horrible that any sane person would judge those actions as wrong, based on empathy, normal social values, a view of normal social behaviors, and the effect those actions had on other people.

Yes, you subjectively judge them with a made up concept called evil. Evil is a concept; it does not really exist. There are no good or evil people, just people who behave in ways that we subjectively judge as good or evil. What physically makes a person good or evil?

Yes, you subjectively judge them with a made up concept called evil. Evil is a concept; it does not really exist. There are no good or evil people, just people who behave in ways that we subjectively judge as good or evil. What physically makes a person good or evil?

It exists as a concept. That is good enough. IT is what people think of it.

Nope. If their opinion is that it was not fiction but it was indeed fiction, then they are deluded. One does not mistake whether a man rose from the dead. Either he did or they were deluded. No way around it.

Why do you purposely keep misunderstanding what I actually post? No one witnessed the resurrection and wrote about it first hand. None of them who wrote the stories knew for a fact that it happened. They wrote the fiction thinking they were writing truth, but not truth as in factual truth, but truth in the sense of a deeply held belief.

Ramoss fails to answer Veritas' questions in Post 894.

And?? It wasn't directed to me, and my response answered that question, if you are able to actually understand things. It made a point. If the point is over your head, then that's your issue.

Pope Francis.

Don't know him, don't follow him but if he denies Jesus Christ and what he taught in the Christian Geek Scriptures, then he is not a true Christian, by definition...

Don't know him, don't follow him but if he denies Jesus Christ and what he taught in the Christian Geek Scriptures, then he is not a true Christian, by definition...

You don't get to define what a true christian is. If you claim he is not a christian, I know he would strongly differ with you.

You don't get to define what a true christian is. If you claim he is not a christian, I know he would strongly differ with you.

The Bible defines what a true Christian is...a God-given name for the followers of Jesus Christ.​..Acts 11:26; 26:28

The Bible defines what a true Christian is...a God-given name for the followers of Jesus Christ.​..Acts 11:26; 26:28

Those bible quotes do not define what a christian is at all. They don't define anything at all.

and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?”

Those bible quotes do not define what a christian is at all. They don't define anything at all.

A follower of Christ, just as Veritas said...so you are wrong...

veritas1;1068667954]The entire foundation of the NT is that salvation is by faith through God's grace. BTW, why would you care who a true Christian was if you don't even believe in Christ? If Christ didn't do what the NT says, then we can dismiss the whole thing. You offer up your opinions as if they are facts. They aren't facts at all.

A follower of Christ, just as Veritas said...so you are wrong...

No, veritas said a believer in christ, not a follower. Following requires action, not just belief. Faith alone does not make you a follower.

And your bible quotes defined nothing at all. They don't explain what it means to be a follower of christ.

No, veritas said a believer in christ, not a follower. Following requires action, not just belief. Faith alone does not make you a follower.

And your bible quotes defined nothing at all. They don't explain what it means to be a follower of christ.

Belief without action is null and void in God's eyes...so again, you are wrong...

"Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it?" James 2:14

Belief without action is null and void in God's eyes...so again, you are wrong...

"Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it?" James 2:14

Tell it to veritas, not me.

There are stories about people sighting Elvis after he died. Do you believe those stories?

Is anybody going to their death for Elvis? Threaten them with it and see what they say then.

At what point does the stories about Jesus have to converge with the "Jesus existed" to have the Jesus existing. What is the variation from the stories about Jesus to the actual history about Jesus is allowed for Jesus to 'have existed'?

I don't even know what this means. You can accept that Jesus existed without accepting the miracles. The evidence for Him is overwhelming and no serious scholar denies that Jesus was a real person.

Why do you purposely keep misunderstanding what I actually post? No one witnessed the resurrection and wrote about it first hand. None of them who wrote the stories knew for a fact that it happened. They wrote the fiction thinking they were writing truth, but not truth as in factual truth, but truth in the sense of a deeply held belief.

Of course they knew it happened. They saw the risen Christ. If Christ was not risen then they were lying. Then, they went about spreading the lie and even went to their deaths for it. You can make whatever rationalizations you like but they don't hold water. These were people just like any others. They didn't seek death. They either described what actually happened or they made it up and then died for what they made up. If you think they died for what they made up, then it would be up to you to show why that makes any sense. They would either have to all be deluded or all seeking suicide. Neither makes any sense.

Of course they knew it happened. They saw the risen Christ. If Christ was not risen then they were lying. Then, they went about spreading the lie and even went to their deaths for it. You can make whatever rationalizations you like but they don't hold water. These were people just like any others. They didn't seek death. They either described what actually happened or they made it up and then died for what they made up. If you think they died for what they made up, then it would be up to you to show why that makes any sense. They would either have to all be deluded or all seeking suicide. Neither makes any sense.

That is your belief.

We will be spurred to good deeds by our faith and desire to imitate Christ but it is our faith which saves us, not works. Remember that the thief crucified next to Jesus was saved by his faith alone.

Is anybody going to their death for Elvis? Threaten them with it and see what they say then.

People have gone to their death for hale bop though.

Back
Top Bottom