• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lawmakers briefed by Yale psychiatrist on Trump's mental

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Has this ever happened before?

Dr. Bandy X. Lee reportedly met with the group of lawmakers on Dec. 5 and Dec. 6 and warned them the president is "going to unravel." All of the lawmakers in attendance were Democrats, except for one Republican senator.

"We feel that the rush of tweeting is an indication of his falling apart under stress. Trump is going to get worse and will become uncontainable with the pressures of the presidency," Lee told Politico.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-report/ar-BBHQtbq?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

On the surface, it's probably funnier than it is scary. But, if Trump is truly unhinged, that would be scarier than it is funny.

On the surface, it's probably funnier than it is scary. But, if Trump is truly unhinged, that would be scarier than it is funny.

The results of his physical this month is going to be very interesting.

The results of his physical this month is going to be very interesting.

I wonder if he'll do a live appearance in the ESPN booth during Monday's national championship game...and, then I wonder what he will say.

How could you not have seen that he was unhinged when you were voting for him?

How could you not have seen that he was unhinged when you were voting for him?

I didn't vote for him, but less because I felt he was unhinged than that I saw him as a clown.

It doesn't take a psychiatrist to see that.

No, I seriously doubt this is the first time the deranged left have hung their hopes on a poorly sourced hit piece from an uber-liberal media outlet. I’m just as certain it won’t be the last.

I wonder what the good Dr. Lee would have to say about Trump Derangement Syndrome.

No, I seriously doubt this is the first time the deranged left have hung their hopes on a poorly sourced hit piece from an uber-liberal media outlet. I’m just as certain it won’t be the last.

I wonder what the good Dr. Lee would have to say about Trump Derangement Syndrome.

That it is justified.

That it is justified.

No, it isn’t. I never voted for President Obama, and disagreed with most of what he stood for, but I also never sunk to the level of all this childish “#notmypresident” baloney. There were actually several issues in which I felt he was dead right, and I never wished for my country to fail so he would look bad.

Try it. Your blood pressure will thank you.

I suspect she would correctly say that lots of folks on the far right have been deranged by their attachment to Trump and their obsession with apologizing for him and justifying the unjustifiable that he says and does. And that is the true TDS.

I suspect she would correctly say that lots of folks on the far right have been deranged by their attachment to Trump and their obsession with apologizing for him and justifying the unjustifiable that he says and does. And that is the true TDS.

Actually, you're probably correct, seeing how Dr. Lee is comfortable diagnosing patients she's never met. That, and her cozy relationship with MSNBC and Congressional Democrats tells me pretty much all I need to know about her level of objectivity and professionalism.

Actually, you're probably correct, seeing how Dr. Lee is comfortable diagnosing patients she's never met. That, and her cozy relationship with MSNBC tell me pretty much all I need to know about her level of objectivity and professionalism.

Trump has been a very public person for forty years now. He has written books in which he reveals much about himself. He has given hundreds if not thousands of interviews in which he reveals much about himself. He has made public speeches in which he reveals much about himself. He has not exactly been a shrinking violet and enjoys the limelight and all that comes with being under that light.

A professional is trained to identify mental problems by observing and listening to the patient. And that can normally be done in an in person interview - as short as a fifty minute session face to face. In this case, I agree with Dr. Lee and others in her book that make the case that they can tell far far far more about Trump and his mental shortcomings from a review of his public record than you ever could in most fifty minute face to face sessions.

Dr. Lee and others have cited The Duty to Warn which they are bound by and have opted to exercise even though it runs contrary to the Goldwater Rule. Sometimes rules and standards clash like that and they do in this case.

One could make the argument that it is Dr. Lee and the authors in her book who are the true professionals for daring to put their careers and reputations at risk by publicly violating the Goldwater Rule and deciding that the Duty to Warn the American people is more important.

Actually, you're probably correct, seeing how Dr. Lee is comfortable diagnosing patients she's never met. That, and her cozy relationship with MSNBC and Congressional Democrats tells me pretty much all I need to know about her level of objectivity and professionalism.

I fail to see how any doctor of psychiatry can "diagnose" anyone they have not had in extensive interview with.
This sounds completely unprofessional, and made worse when they are talking about the president.
File this under another "more proof of Trump Derangement Syndrome"
I am just as qualified to diagnose her as she is to diagnose someone she has never met.

Trump has been a very public person for forty years now. He has written books in which he reveals much about himself. He has given hundreds if not thousands of interviews in which he reveals much about himself. He has made public speeches in which he reveals much about himself. He has not exactly been a shrinking violet and enjoys the limelight and all that comes with being under that light.

A professional is trained to identify mental problems by observing and listening to the patient. And that can normally be done in an in person interview - as short as a fifty minute session face to face. In this case, I agree with Dr. Lee and others in her book that make the case that they can tell far far far more about Trump and his mental shortcomings from a review of his public record than you ever could in most fifty minute face to face sessions.

Dr. Lee and others have cited The Duty to Warn which they are bound by and have opted to exercise even though it runs contrary to the Goldwater Rule. Sometimes rules and standards clash like that and they do in this case.

One could make the argument that it is Dr. Lee and the authors in her book who are the true professionals for daring to put their careers and reputations at risk by publicly violating the Goldwater Rule and deciding that the Duty to Warn the American people is more important.

Ah, the “Duty to Warn”. What brave professionals these psychiatrists are. It really takes courage to make demeaning statements about the President, doesn’t it? I mean, NOBODY else is doing it, right?

Wait....were you serious when you said Dr. Lee was putting “...her career and reputation at risk” by dishing with Democrats and talking to MSNBC about it? If so, my apologies. Personally, I couldn’t have typed that with a straight face.

The medical community’s “Duty to Warn” will mean far more to me when they apply it to the Stephen Paddocks and Adam Lanzas of society, rather than using it as a weapon against political enemies.

It's funny how leftists make up things and convince themselves it is true.

Yes....I am quite sure Dr Lee's motives are entirely altruistic.....and she is quite the martyr. :roll:

As much as I consider trump a clown, lets at least keep this real and somewhat honest, shall we?
I don't see this being brought up out of concern for the nation, sense of civic duty, or "Duty to Warn" anymore than that birther garbage that was dredged up.

Yes....I am quite sure Dr Lee's motives are entirely altruistic.....and she is quite the martyr. :roll:

As much as I consider trump a clown, lets at least keep this real and somewhat honest, shall we?
I don't see this being brought up out of concern for the nation, sense of civic duty, or "Duty to Warn" anymore than that birther garbage that was dredged up.

I totally disagree. Dr. Lee and other mental health professionals are daring to stand up and proclaim that the Emperor has no clothes - and that is a selfless act of patriotism.

It doesn't take a PhD to recognize Comrade Trump's mental challenges. The guy is bat**** kooky.

It doesn't render him dysfunctional. (He seems to be screwing up things just fine.)

Look, most of the people who voted for him did so for that exact reason. Comrade Trump is the middle-finger on the right-wing hand. Take THAT America!

tumblr_p16oz6LmGg1qinrtgo1_500.jpg

Calling him mental isn't a partisan attack either.

This 12 member panel of concerned professionals lacks any power other than to spew their "professional" opinion. It is far from comforting that a "rush of tweeting" could be used to professionally assess POTUS stress levels requiring preemptive removal from office because he is "going to unravel".

Has this panel of 12 gurus diagnosed many (any?) other folks as "going to unravel" after having shown "a rush of tweeting" activity lately? If so, we can observe that group to assess the clinical accuracy of their latest "tweet analysis" diagnostic technique.

No, it isn’t. I never voted for President Obama, and disagreed with most of what he stood for, but I also never sunk to the level of all this childish “#notmypresident” baloney. There were actually several issues in which I felt he was dead right, and I never wished for my country to fail so he would look bad.

Try it. Your blood pressure will thank you.

Trump is not in any way on a level with Obama. Obama was and is an honorable man. Trump is far from that. He’s a loose cannon and should not be president. Most of the country agree.

Trump is not in any way on a level with Obama. Obama was and is an honorable man. Trump is far from that. He’s a loose cannon and should not be president. Most of the country agree.

And yet...he's the President. No matter how hard and how long the left weeps over it. But at least you have your impeachment dreams to keep you warm for the next three (or seven) years.

Trump is not in any way on a level with Obama. Obama was and is an honorable man..
I'm sure you, as a liberal, found it honorable for Obama to sabotage investigation into Hezbollah's terrorism and drug smuggling. Since Obama gave the ok for the arming and training of Radical Islamic Terrorists moderate rebels in Syria, I'm sure that's what really excites liberals. And since Obama is a cokehead like a lot of liberals, I'm sure they empathize with that too. And don't get me started on how the Obama admin turned a blind eye to the Libyan sex slave trade that sprung up after he helped overthrow the legitimate government of Libya. Yes, such an honorable man. Brings a tear to my eyes, but only because I'm laughing so hard.

And yet...he's the President. No matter how hard and how long the left weeps over it. But at least you have your impeachment dreams to keep you warm for the next three (or seven) years.

Hopefully for the sake of all my dreams come true.

I'm sure you, as a liberal, found it honorable for Obama to sabotage investigation into Hezbollah's terrorism and drug smuggling. Since Obama gave the ok for the arming and training of Radical Islamic Terrorists moderate rebels in Syria, I'm sure that's what really excites liberals. And since Obama is a cokehead like a lot of liberals, I'm sure they empathize with that too. And don't get me started on how the Obama admin turned a blind eye to the Libyan sex slave trade that sprung up after he helped overthrow the legitimate government of Libya. Yes, such an honorable man. Brings a tear to my eyes, but only because I'm laughing so hard.

If Trump ran as a dem I would not have voted for him although he has been a dem most of his life. His running as a repub was a joke. He is not capable of being president and that is becoming more obvious as time goes by. Hopefully we will be rid of him soon for the sake of the country and the American people.

Back
Top Bottom