• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lakers dynasty is set!

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
From Chris Broussard's twitter:

Kawhi is “Lakers to lose,” I’m told. Not done deal yet, but Lakers are his top choice.

Chris Broussard on Twitter: "Kawhi is “Lakers to lose,” I’m told. Not done deal yet, but Lakers are his top choice."

This is no surprise. LeBron James is one of the greatest recruiters in NBA history. His influence combined with the Lakers mystique, Magic Johnson, Rob Pelinka - who was coached in college by Steve Fisher, Kawhi's college coach, etc... etc.. You add the top 3 players on the planet with one team? WOW!

I expect a 7-year run with at least 5 championships in that span. This is the premier franchise in NBA history. I know the Celtics have more overall championships however the majority of their run was done in the '50s and '60s during a time where the competition was much weaker.

Also, there was no chance in hell Kawhi was going to stay in Toronto long-term.

Here is a former Raptor on his experience in Toronto:

Lou Williams, L.A. Clippers guard, and former Toronto Raptor, spoke on The No Chill Podcast recently and took shots at life as a Raptors player.

Williams said: “Once you’re there, you’ll love playing for the Raptors, you’ll love playing for the country,” adding “that fourth, fifth month into the season, you’re like goddamn, I want to go home… When you play in Toronto, you feel like you’re playing overseas.”

Clippers’ guard Lou Williams speaks about NBA life north of the border | Toronto Sun

Lou Williams is 100% right. Living in Canada you are a foreigner. You are not one of them. You have to pay an insane tax rate - even compared to California. You have to raise your children in Canadian Schools and adopt the canadian culture.

People like to be comfortable in their own skin and that place is the United States. The fact is no country receives more foreigners than the United States in terms of raw numbers and percentage. Millions of people flee their home country just to come to America. So it makes sense why Kawhi would want to be a role player in Los Angeles vs a big star in Canada... there is no comparison!

Last edited:
Um... I’ll believe it when I see it. (I’m a little more than concerned about this so called ‘Lakers Curse’ going on.)

Great! Another fake super team!

I'll never be impressed!

Go Nuggets!

Clippers’ guard Lou Williams speaks about NBA life north of the border | Toronto Sun

Think Lou Williams thinks like everyone else? So just because he didn't like Toronto everyone else who's played for Toronto hasn't either? That is some really, really, really, bizarre conclusions. Think DeMar DeRozen wanted to leave? How about Kyle Lowery?

Kawhi Leonard trade: DeMar DeRozan not happy to leave Raptors; NBA Twitter reacts to blockbuster deal

Oh-oh. Took me all of 5 seconds to utterly demolish your asinine conclusions. DeRozan is a star and could have played anywhere. He instead was very sad to go.

Lou Williams is 100% right. Living in Canada you are a foreigner. You are not one of them. You have to pay an insane tax rate - even compared to California. You have to raise your children in Canadian Schools and adopt the canadian culture.

Jesus Christ on a basketball court... do you hear yourself? It's like you think Canada is closer to Mars in terms of culture. Truth is Canada is a much better country than the US, especially with Cheetolini in the WH. We have much better healthcare, cheaper drugs and better schools amongst other things.

The fact is no country receives more foreigners than the United States in terms of raw numbers and percentage. Millions of people flee their home country just to come to America. So it makes sense why Kawhi would want to be a role player in Los Angeles vs a big star in Canada... there is no comparison!

Again you are void of facts (sooooo predictible you are!). Sure the US takes in more as a total, but per capita you are not even in the top 10. Of course, Canada is.

Dozens Of Countries Take In More Immigrants Per Capita Than The U.S. : NPR

Honestly, where do you get your facts? From a Trump rally or your butt? You are sadly misinformed.

Chris Broussard on Twitter: "Kawhi is “Lakers to lose,” I’m told. Not done deal yet, but Lakers are his top choice."

This is no surprise. LeBron James is one of the greatest recruiters in NBA history. His influence combined with the Lakers mystique, Magic Johnson, Rob Pelinka - who was coached in college by Steve Fisher, Kawhi's college coach, etc... etc.. You add the top 3 players on the planet with one team? WOW!

I expect a 7-year run with at least 5 championships in that span. This is the premier franchise in NBA history. I know the Celtics have more overall championships however the majority of their run was done in the '50s and '60s during a time where the competition was much weaker.

People like to be comfortable in their own skin and that place is the United States. The fact is no country receives more foreigners than the United States in terms of raw numbers and percentage. Millions of people flee their home country just to come to America. So it makes sense why Kawhi would want to be a role player in Los Angeles vs a big star in Canada... there is no comparison!

How did you turn a simple basketball free agency into a rallying cry for American immigration and to trash one of the nicest countries on the planet, Canada?

Think Lou Williams thinks like everyone else? So just because he didn't like Toronto everyone else who's played for Toronto hasn't either? That is some really, really, really, bizarre conclusions. Think DeMar DeRozen wanted to leave? How about Kyle Lowery?

Kawhi Leonard trade: DeMar DeRozan not happy to leave Raptors; NBA Twitter reacts to blockbuster deal

Oh-oh. Took me all of 5 seconds to utterly demolish your asinine conclusions. DeRozan is a star and could have played anywhere. He instead was very sad to go.

Jesus Christ on a basketball court... do you hear yourself? It's like you think Canada is closer to Mars in terms of culture. Truth is Canada is a much better country than the US, especially with Cheetolini in the WH. We have much better healthcare, cheaper drugs and better schools amongst other things.

Again you are void of facts (sooooo predictible you are!). Sure the US takes in more as a total, but per capita you are not even in the top 10. Of course, Canada is.

Dozens Of Countries Take In More Immigrants Per Capita Than The U.S. : NPR

Honestly, where do you get your facts? From a Trump rally or your butt? You are sadly misinformed.

You do not have better schools... you have less crime, less gangs, etc. The average schools in America are on par with most of the world's, not to mention our good to great schools, which are the worlds greatest.

You do not have better schools... you have less crime, less gangs, etc. The average schools in America are on par with most of the world's, not to mention our good to great schools, which are the worlds greatest.

Unlike the US, we pay our teachers a fair wage. We have better schools.

The only reason why I would want to move to Canada is I wanted to be part of a monopoly farming industry. Farming bankruptcies in Wisconsin, Minnesota, are at record highs. These states border Canada. That being said, American dairy farmers are proud people. They would rather suffer in America then prosper in Canada.

As do we and no, you don't.

In many states, you don't. It's downright embarrassing.

According to an Economic Policy Institute study, the teacher “wage penalty” – how much less teachers make than comparable workers – grew from 5.5% in 1979 to a record 18.7% in 2017.

Teacher wage gaps vary widely from state to state, but in no state does teacher pay equal or exceed pay for other college graduates. And it’s no coincidence that the four states with the largest gaps – Arizona, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Colorado – saw teacher protests in 2018.

In some states, teacher salaries have been so low that teachers have qualified for public assistance.
Are America's teachers really underpaid?

As for Canada, we're pretty darn consistent from province-to-province. Canada is like the shy silent type who excels at mostly everything while its loudmouthed friend to the south talks a big game but it's mostly hot air.

In the most recent round of international Pisa tests, Canada was one of a handful of countries to appear in the top 10 for maths, science and reading.
The tests, run by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), are a major study of educational performance and show Canada's teenagers as among the best educated in the world.
They are far ahead of geographical neighbours such as the US and European countries with strong cultural ties like the UK and France.
At university level, Canada has the world's highest proportion of working-age adults who have been through higher education - 55% compared with an average in OECD countries of 35%.

How Canada became an education superpower - BBC News

The only reason why I would want to move to Canada is I wanted to be part of a monopoly farming industry. Farming bankruptcies in Wisconsin, Minnesota, are at record highs. These states border Canada. That being said, American dairy farmers are proud people. They would rather suffer in America then prosper in Canada.

They also have a Goose named after their country... obviously Canada is better than America.

In many states, you don't. It's downright embarrassing.

Are America's teachers really underpaid?

As for Canada, we're pretty darn consistent from province-to-province. Canada is like the shy silent type who excels at mostly everything while its loudmouthed friend to the south talks a big game but it's mostly hot air.

How Canada became an education superpower - BBC News

We have better schools.

ook me all of 5 seconds to utterly demolish your asinine conclusions

Truth is Canada is a much better country than the US

you are not even in the top 10. Of course, Canada is.

:lol: You are the one talking ****. LOL

At least we properly dispose of our garbage.

Damn you... now we have to hear her make up more **** about how great Canada is and how ****ty America is... all because she is shy and silent and humble.

A lot of Americans are creatures of habit. We are used to watching U.S tv shows, banks, schools, etc.... If an American lived in Canada, They have to go through customs via the airport visiting back, they have to open a Canadian bank account, etc...

Toronto is a nice place to visit but honestly, most Americans would rather live some awful places in the U.S permanently before the U.S.

A lot of Americans are creatures of habit. We are used to watching U.S tv shows, banks, schools, etc.... If an American lived in Canada, They have to go through customs via the airport visiting back, they have to open a Canadian bank account, etc...

Oh the horrors!

Toronto is a nice place to visit but honestly, most Americans would rather live some awful places in the U.S permanently before the U.S.

Freudian slip?

Kawhi Leonard flew to Toronto today to tell Raptors thanks, but I am signing with the Lakers!

Announcement coming on the 4th of July.

The Davis trade is going to leave some massive bench holes, which will mean their star players are going to have to play a lot longer and harder to win games. If they sign Leonard they will have a lot less to pay midlevel talent. LeBron is already showing the wear and tear of his career and Davis may not be far behind. I wouldnt say the Lakers as a dynasty are anything near a done deal.

The Davis trade is going to leave some massive bench holes, which will mean their star players are going to have to play a lot longer and harder to win games. If they sign Leonard they will have a lot less to pay midlevel talent. LeBron is already showing the wear and tear of his career and Davis may not be far behind. I wouldnt say the Lakers as a dynasty are anything near a done deal.

Nonsense.

JR Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Andre Iguodala, Jeremy Lin, Pau Gasol, Kyle Korver are all options to sign with the Lakers.

Nonsense.

JR Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Andre Iguodala, Jeremy Lin, Pau Gasol, Kyle Korver are all options to sign with the Lakers.
How many top tier players do you think they can sign to even round out a starting 5, let alone have a quality bench? IF they are able to manipulate the cap space to sign 3 max players they will likely only have 4 players total under contract and very little room to maneuver. And again...that assumes LeBron doesnt have the same injury problems he had last year.

Your experience of America makes you think it's the best place in the world to be. Leonard's experience was probably different from yours, making his comparison of his life in the USA and life in Canada different from your, uh, think-piece.
I don't say any of this will factor in to any decision Leonard makes. In fact. I wonder why you do? Sounds like a wishful fantasy. Leonard, I bet, is better able than you to make this decision, and has more able advisors. But he wouldn't be the first black American athlete who gave Canada a 'hometown advantage'.

Last edited:
How many top tier players do you think they can sign to even round out a starting 5, let alone have a quality bench? IF they are able to manipulate the cap space to sign 3 max players they will likely only have 4 players total under contract and very little room to maneuver. And again...that assumes LeBron doesnt have the same injury problems he had last year.

You haven't been paying attention. They have Kyle Kuzma, signed Jared Dudly, and Troy Daniels.

You haven't been paying attention. They have Kyle Kuzma, signed Jared Dudly, and Troy Daniels.
I think you are making my point. Dudley's 34 year old body and his 4.9 points per game dont exactly add up to dynasty.Bron is getting old and injury prone. Heck...as nice a player as Davis is, he too has a recent injury history.

Kawhi Leonard flew to Toronto today to tell Raptors thanks, but I am signing with the Lakers!

Announcement coming on the 4th of July.

He better hurry...

Today, 10:30 PM

Back
Top Bottom