• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kurds announce deal with Damascus as Turkey pushes deep into Syria

If the Nobel Peace Prize had any legitimacy, Donald Trump would be awarded it immediately.

^The Trumpcult, people. :lamo

If
It would be something you'd only want to award him after the end of his presidency, to make sure he didn't renege or that you weren't embarrassed by some subsequent action, but notwithstanding this, I agree. Despite anything else he's done, Pres. Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for ending the quagmire.

'Ending the quagmire.' :roll: ISIS prisoners are now on the loose because Trump wanted to protect his precious hotels.

A large part of the Syria war is a proxy war being fought over two competing oil pipelines, one from Qatar (US-Nato-Saudi backed) and one from Iran (the Russia-Syria backed). Both need to go through Syria. The U.S. is there in the first place to minimize the threat posed to the United States and our allies by terrorists. The U.S. was there to try to bring some stability to the region. Now that our troops are leaving, we no longer have eyes on the ground regarding what ISIS fighters are doing, they're being scattered all over the region. Don't make the mistake that because we're so far from the conflict logistically that those terrorists will not make their way here. The civil war in Syria will go on and the blood of the Kurds is on the hands of the United States and created a new enemy as well. Russia wins, Bashar al-Assad wins and Isreal is in more danger than before.

He already did not. He has sent more troop to protect Jareds interests in SA.....

It's true Trump has a beef with Iran. Iran is waging all kinds of rebellions throughout the ME. The Kurds just want to take land to make their own country.

It's true Trump has a beef with Iran. Iran is waging all kinds of rebellions throughout the ME. The Kurds just want to take land to make their own country.

So did the American colonists.

Right, and a NATO member moves closer to Russia. I'm sure that will NEVER come back to bite us. The lack of foresight here is astounding.

Since NATO was formed to protect countries against Russia, if Turkey moves closer to Russia, Turkey will no longer be a member of NATO.

Running away from the war doesn't mean that you ended the quagmire. The war goes on regardless. He doesn't deserve a novel peace prize for that.

And the war goes on regardless of whether the US stays or goes.

'Ending the quagmire.' :roll: ISIS prisoners are now on the loose because Trump wanted to protect his precious hotels.
Neither Pres. Trump nor the US in general are to blame for Turkey's miscalculations.

1200 years? Bull****. 100 years ago Jews Muslims and Christians all lived peacefully together in Jerusalem.
You mean after the British drove out the Turks in WWI?

I assure you that there was nothing remotely resembling peace for Jews and Christians in the Middle East prior to 1910.

The principle of self determination was ignored in the middle east by the Allies in favor of colonialism, and this caused the problems we see today.
It's a cause--one among many. Not the sole cause. The Middle East and the Arab nations in particular have been at each other's throats for millennia. Tribe versus tribe. Kingdom versus kingdom. Sunni versus Shiite. If you're under the delusion that the region was rife with peace and prosperity prior to WWI, that's your problem.

We failed to act then to secure the peace, and if we fail to act now we are only sowing the seeds for a future war to come, one which we will inevitably be dragged into. If you cannot see this with all of history to guide you then I am astonished.
Great. Let's just "secure the peace". It's so easy! Why didn't we think of that before? Securing the peace.

The past 20 years have been an exercise in disaster and futility because we never thought of securing the peace. If only we'd tried it at the cost of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars. If only we'd waged war for 20 years trying to secure the peace, we wouldn't be in this situation today.

Oh no, wait...

This TDS has got to stop. It's turning the same people who were on the right side of history from 2003 until 2016--demanding that the US get the hell out of the Middle East--into warmongers wailing about America's need to fight terrorism and police the world. Precisely the same asinine attitude that got you into the quagmire and that's kept you there for 20 years as things get worse and worse and worse...

Your hatred for your president is compromising your morals and your sensibility. For your own sake, you'd better hope he doesn't listen to you and the legion of actors in the war machine demanding more war for the good of America. Enough is enough.

Trump hasn't killed anyone...and guess what...no American soldiers have died, either.

Put the blame for the deaths where they belong...with Turkey.

That's being incredibly obtuse.

Trump hasn't killed anyone...and guess what...no American soldiers have died, either.

Put the blame for the deaths where they belong...with Turkey.

~~~~~~
Let's also include Democrat TDS and hateful intransigence.

~~~~~~
Finally you've got it right. Just how many times did BHO get sand kicked in his face doing his red line tap dance?

Out of curiosity.. how long do we get use Obama as an excuse for the ineptitude of any future president? two presidents.. three presidents? Does this mean that we should accept ineptitude for all future presidents based on "but but but.. Obama did it?".

Honestly, if I was a Kurd and Trump caused the death of my wife and children I'd want revenge.

Out of curiosity.. how long do we get use Obama as an excuse for the ineptitude of any future president? two presidents.. three presidents? Does this mean that we should accept ineptitude for all future presidents based on "but but but.. Obama did it?".

That would be until his failed legacy is wipe from the media.

That would be until his failed legacy is wipe from the media.

Well.. since the media you talk about is fox news.. and its what is used by us republicans to justify whatever the current and it appears future administrations do.. regardless of the ramifications for America... I guess.. its "forever".

Thanks for your reply.

Honestly, if I was a Kurd and Trump caused the death of my wife and children I'd want revenge.

Let me get this straight: If you were a colonist trying to free yourself from the tyranny of England, for example, you'd be more apt to hate the French if they didn't assist the colonists' cause than, for example, England?:roll:

EDIT: Hatred for Turkey. Mebe hatred for Syria but definitely not hatred for the US because the US is the country that provided the weaponry that allowed the possibility for the Kurds to attempt this new homeland for themselves out of parts of Turkey and Syria.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight: If you were a colonist trying to free yourself from the tyranny of England, for example, you'd be more apt to hate the French if they didn't assist the colonists' cause than, for example, England?:roll:

EDIT: Hatred for Turkey. Mebe hatred for Syria but definitely not hatred for the US because the US is the country that provided the weaponry that allowed the possibility for the Kurds to attempt this new homeland for themselves out of parts of Turkey and Syria.

no. i'd want revenge if i'd been fighting for the interests of the US and a US president made a snap decision that caused us (or my family) to be slaughtered.

do you guys really have no honor?

no. i'd want revenge if i'd been fighting for the interests of the US and a US president made a snap decision that caused us (or my family) to be slaughtered.

do you guys really have no honor?

No. You have TDS.

Back
Top Bottom