• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

KFC's new commercial. Brings the pervert in you right to the surface!

RetiredNSmilin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4qmTVwKvz8

I saw this tonight, and was kinda surprised are my "reaction" to it.

What is it about lots of leg, pleated skirts, & bobby sox, that ...... never mind.

I am now curious just how long this commercial airs before the feminists shut it down.

I am also curious how many liars will say they had no reaction to this.

What is it about lots of leg, pleated skirts, & bobby sox, that ...... never mind.

I am now curious just how long this commercial airs before the feminists shut it down.

Oh, come on. Not even the feminists could be that queer.

Lately KFC is one of the slow kids in class with ever changing dumb ideas on how to become cool, which they throw themselves into completely.

They should fix their chicken and cut their prices.

Lately KFC is one of the slow kids in class with ever changing dumb ideas on how to become cool, which they throw themselves into completely.

They should fix their chicken and cut their prices.

or...or...keep this chick in costume and fly her around the country visiting various KFC stores and dancing with customers to 50's music.

but DEFINATELY keep the costume.

Their Chicken Pot Pies are still pretty good, though.

I really didn't see what you "saw".

I am a billion times more intrigued by "Lily" from the AT&T commercials.
The librarian look perhaps?

milana-vayntrub-lily-att-pics.jpg

To each his own I guess, this honestly had no effect on me.

You don't watch much TV, do you.

At least in this one the female is an entire person (she even has opinions!), not just a floating, dismembered body part, as if often the case. That's progress I suppose. :shrug: Honestly, the only thing about this I'm unsure about is that they're playing out a sexual innuendo between a parent and a child. That's a bit... weird.

At any rate, "feminists" don't own television, and we aren't controlling your media. We have a right to complain if we want to, and companies have a right to decide whether or not they will listen. Yes, the world is slowly becoming less sexist. Sorry that bothers you so much.

Also, if you were thought of as floating dismembered body parts, as much in life as on TV, you might have a problem with it too. Empathy for others who live different life circumstances than you do: try it.

And lastly, that look doesn't do anything for me. Partly because it's associated with... ya know... minors and children. But this might be a generational thing.

Last edited:

I'd sign her contract. :cool:

Milana Vayntrub. She's originally from Uzbekistan but came here as a child - her parents were fleeing religious persecution. Has also done a couple of B flicks.

Sex should never be used to promote goods.

At least in this one the female is an entire person (she even has opinions!), not just a floating, dismembered body part, as if often the case. That's progress I suppose. :shrug: Honestly, the only thing about this I'm unsure about is that they're playing out a sexual innuendo between a parent and a child. That's a bit... weird.

At any rate, "feminists" don't own television, and we aren't controlling your media. We have a right to complain if we want to, and companies have a right to decide whether or not they will listen. Yes, the world is slowly becoming less sexist. Sorry that bothers you so much.

Also, if you were thought of as floating dismembered body parts, as much in life as on TV, you might have a problem with it too. Empathy for others who live different life circumstances than you do: try it.

And lastly, that look doesn't do anything for me. Partly because it's associated with... ya know... minors and children. But this might be a generational thing.

Have you watched TV lately? The feminist view of society and of men for that matter has taken over TV. I have idea what you mean by dismembered body parts, but I don't think that has been a thing for some time regardless. Anyway, I hope you ladies enjoy your feminist tv because many men are leaving it behind. :shrug:

Last edited:

Errrmmm... Wut?

It's a parody sketch, basically equating the discovery of spicy KFC chicken with a girl's sexual awakening, and a father's generalized discomfort with it. It's set in the 50s because of the era's generally "repressed" reputation, and the parallels that can be made between the chicken and the cultural/generational clash brought on by the advent of "rock and roll."

I'm not sure if it really "works," per se, but I really didn't see the girl in it as being "sexualized" at all either. She looked more like a gawky kid to me. :shrug:

Last edited:

Ummm... You so sure about that?

kraft-zesty-guy-commercial.jpg

Old-Spice-Top-all-time-720x415.png

nyc-firefighters-2013-calendar-photos-08152012-02.jpeg

Errrmmm... Wut?

It's a parody sketch, basically equating the discovery of spicy KFC chicken with a girl's sexual awakening, and a father's generalized discomfort with it. It's set in the 50s because of the era's generally "repressed" reputation, and the parallels that can be made between the chicken and the cultural/generational clash brought on by the advent of "rock and roll."

I'm not sure if it really "works," per se, but I really didn't see the girl in it as being "sexualized" at all either. She looked more like a gawky kid to me. :shrug:

Ya, another crap attempt from KFC to be "cool".

I got the idea that they were going for sharknado crowd,so bad its good.

THey missed, it is stupid and creepy...though it is sorta cool that Vincent Kartheiser from Mad Men is the next COL.

Dragonfly....You will get no argument with me about Lilly either.

We all have our "type", and there is something about short pleated skirts.....;)

OK, I can see there are a few that need me to DECODE this particular commercial for you and explain all the little innuendos placed in it.
Therefore, here it is. This commercial explained and decoded as I would in PERVERT 101 class.

Take notes. Those with a bad grade will be spanked by Rosie O'Donnell in coveralls. Those with a good grade will be spanked by Mila Kunis in a white office style top & pencil skirt.

**********************************************************************************************

OK, here is the commercial DECODED in accordance with PERVERT 101 Common Standards and Practices.

1. It brings mature men back to their high school days and reminds them of all the sexy girls that are only memories now. They, themselves also get transported back to being teenagers again.

2. The girl's outfit is a sexual come on. When she lays on her bed with her leg crooked, showing lots of bare thigh, and the hem of the skirt is barely covering her ass, it brings out the bad boy in the viewer who wants to raise that hem, give that white cotton panty clad ass of hers a few spanks, a few good squeezes, and then start making out with her. REMEMBER, it brings the man back to his youth too.

3. The hot spicy chicken strips are phallic symbols in that she is excited to put something hot and spicy in her mouth and it gives her a new and previously unknown pleasure....and she also LIKES IT!

4. The Dad, is a symbol of old mores that are now being broken by this new spicy sauce on these new strangely cut pieces of chicken. He is also a symbol of parents during the 50's. THEN, once he samples this new and wonderful SINFULLY tasty treat, he has an overload of guilty pleasure and runs out of the room., because he like it too, but just handles it differently, and cannot let the girl see how much he likes this new guilty pleasure too.

5. The girl, dressed in 50's high school girl attire is a symbol of all the one's that got away. All the girls you wanted to "do", but did not, or could not. NOW...she is all laid out on a bed in an easily lifted short skirt for you to enjoy. Just like these new naughty chicken strips with spicy sauce are yours to enjoy. She is naughty and might need a spanking is why she is in that position on her bed with her ass up a bit and laying on her stomach. Naughtyness begats spankings. It is a rule.

*******************************************************************************************************

In the NON-PC 1950's women getting spanked were all over the TV and the movies. It was an excuse to grope and pet a woman's shapely hiney that was somewhat accepted at the time. In that day and age, that was how a lot of boys got to second base. That was also how a lot of boys got their noses broken for failing to "read" the mood. Drive-Ins can be quite dangerous if you are not careful.

White cotton panties were also the rule, as where full slips and garter belts and girdles. That slight glimpse of white cotton was the thrill of the day for a boy back then. This girl in the commercial teases you because you just know she has some white cotton right under that pleated skirt, just out of sight. It was a very naughty taboo to see them. Which made it all the more exciting.

Class dismissed.

Hey! Knock it off, back there, Johnny !!!!

Last edited:
Ummm... You so sure about that?

kraft-zesty-guy-commercial.jpg

Old-Spice-Top-all-time-720x415.png

nyc-firefighters-2013-calendar-photos-08152012-02.jpeg

Actually they still have faces, and their status is based primarily on their profession.

And even though this isn't comparable to how women are portrayed, I'll let ya have it for the sake of my next point. This makes up, what, 5% of advertisements involving men, if not less? I'm really giving you the ball even placing it that high. Compared to probably about half of those about women?

Yeah, try again.

Which 'generation' is it you suppose that keeps the Japanime art style in $$$? Cuz...its pretty much the same thing.

I completely agree about the dehumanization of women in marketing. What makes that most diabolical is that the adds where women are dehumanized are usually targeting women as their consumer audience, and most specifically, young teen and preteen girls.

We need to bring Farrah Fawcette and the shaving cream commercial.

OK, I can see there are a few that need me to DECODE this particular commercial for you and explain all the little innuendos placed in it.
Therefore, here it is. This commercial explained and decoded as I would in PERVERT 101 class.

Take notes. Those with a bad grade will be spanked by Rosie O'Donnell in coveralls. Those with a good grade will be spanked by Mila Kunis in a white office style top & pencil skirt.

**********************************************************************************************

OK, here is the commercial DECODED in accordance with PERVERT 101 Common Standards and Practices.

1. It brings mature men back to their high school days and reminds them of all the sexy girls that are only memories now. They, themselves also get transported back to being teenagers again.

2. The girl's outfit is a sexual come on. When she lays on her bed with her leg crooked, showing lots of bare thigh, and the hem of the skirt is barely covering her s out the bad boy in the viewer who wants to raise that hem, give that white cotton panty clad ass of hers a few spanks, a few good squeezes, and then start making out with her. REMEMBER, it brings the man back to his youth too.

3. The hot spicy chicken strips are phallic symbols in that she is excited to put something hot and spicy in her mouth and it gives her a new and previously unknown pleasure....and she also LIKES IT!

4. The Dad, is a symbol of old mores that are now being broken by this new spicy sauce on these new strangely cut pieces of chicken. He is also a symbol of parents during the 50's. THEN, once he samples this new and wonderful SINFULLY tasty treat, he has an overload of guilty pleasure and runs out of the room., because he like it too, but just handles it differently, and cannot let the girl see how much he likes this new guilty pleasure too.

5. The girl, dressed in 50's high school girl attire is a symbol of all the one's that got away. All the girls you wanted to "do", but did not, or could not. NOW...she is all laid out on a bed in an easily lifted short skirt for you to enjoy. Just like these new naughty chicken strips with spicy sauce are yours to enjoy. She is naughty and might need a spanking is why she is in that position on her bed with her ass up a bit and laying on her stomach. Naughtyness begats spankings. It is a rule.

... Snip

Eh. It's possible, I suppose. I will admit that the actress in the commercial does show an awful lot of leg. I just don't think there was enough focus on her to really view such alleged "sexualization" as being the main focus of the commercial. I also - speaking plainly here - didn't really find the actress in question attractive enough.

Like I said, she basically looks like a gawky, awkward kid. She's hardly a "bombshell," or teenage sex bomb (and trust me, if they'd wanted to go in that direction, it's hardly like there's any shortage of actresses game for the part).

Frankly, even besides that, your argument here would kind of have to assume that the main target demographic for this ad was intended to be Caucasian men old enough to actually have a familiar sexual response to teenaged girls dressed in that manner. Such men would be in their 60s or 70s at least in this day and age.

Do you really think that is the case?

Actually they still have faces, and their status is based primarily on their profession.

And even though this isn't comparable to how women are portrayed, I'll let ya have it for the sake of my next point. This makes up, what, 5% of advertisements involving men, if not less? I'm really giving you the ball even placing it that high. Compared to probably about half of those about women?

Yeah, try again.

Yes, it's less common to see men advertised in this way than women.

It should be noted, however, that female sexuality differs from male sexuality in that...

A) It's far less visually oriented, meaning that scantily clad men have far less intrinsic appeal for women than the gender flipped scenario has for men.

B) Scantily clad men posing purely for enjoyment are often perceived as being "submissive," which women view as being less desirable than men do in the gender-flipped scenario (hence, why, as you yourself noted, such displays generally tend to be framed within the context of a traditionally 'masculine' profession - like fire fighting, manual labor on a construction site, or etca).

All of which result in such advertising techniques being far less effective when it comes to portraying men, targeted at women, than when they portray women, targeted at men.

That being said, however, it's not like media still doesn't go deliberately out of its way to find "pretty boy" men to flaunt in front of female audiences for the purposes of marketing and targeted titillation. Just look at Chris Pratt, for example.

They just do so in a slightly different way.

Yes, it's less common to see men advertised in this way than women.

It should be noted, however, that female sexuality differs from male sexuality in that...

A) It's far less visually oriented, meaning that scantily clad men have far less intrinsic appeal for women than the gender flipped scenario has for men.

B) Scantily clad men posing purely for enjoyment are often perceived as being "submissive," which women view as being less desirable than men do in the gender-flipped scenario (hence, why, as you yourself noted, such displays generally tend to be framed within the context of a traditionally 'masculine' profession - like fire fighting, manual labor on a construction site, or etca).

All of which result in such advertising techniques being far less effective when it comes to portraying men, targeted at women, than when they portray women, targeted at men.

That being said, however, it's not like media still doesn't go deliberately out of its way to find "pretty boy" men to flaunt in front of female audiences for the purposes of marketing and targeted titillation. Just look at Chris Pratt, for example.

They just do so in a slightly different way.

A. Uh, no, actually. Just a common Victorian mythology stemming from insecure men's desire to believe that women don't have sex drives and merely deal with it for the sake of feeling loved. Turns out women are actually even more universally reactive to sexual signalling than men are, and the vast majority consume visual pornography.

B. Women don't view it as "submissive," nor do they care whether it is in terms of whether a man is desirable. I've never heard of that, or thought it. That is you projecting the fragile male ego onto a group of people you apparently haven't ever talked to. Also, I said nothing whatsoever about a "masculine" profession, whatever the hell that means. Actors and singers do this too, despite that commonly not being seen as "masculine" for some stupid reason. It's not just firefighters. Again, more projection.

A. Uh, no, actually. Just a common Victorian mythology stemming from insecure men's desire to believe that women don't have sex drives and merely deal with it for the sake of feeling loved. Turns out women are actually even more universally reactive to sexual signalling than men are, and the vast majority consume visual pornography.

Generally speaking, no, women are not... At least not in the way men are.

A woman generally isn't going to get all hot and bothered by the mere sight of a disembodied male chest, for example. They require a certain measure of "greater context."

The simple sight of a female ass or breast, on the other hand, is usually more than enough to arrest a man's attention, and facilitate arousal. Nothing more is really required.

In other words, men can easily become aroused by just a "part" of the body. Women usually require the whole individual, and often more than just what's superficially visible. That is actually well in keeping with what neurologists have to say on the matter as well.

Medical Daily - Brain Sees Women as Parts, Men as Whole

B. Women don't view it as "submissive," nor do they care whether it is in terms of whether a man is desirable. I've never heard of that, or thought it. That is you projecting the fragile male ego onto a group of people you apparently haven't ever talked to. Also, I said nothing whatsoever about a "masculine" profession, whatever the hell that means. Actors and singers do this too, despite that commonly not being seen as "masculine" for some stupid reason. It's not just firefighters. Again, more projection.

:roll:

Ya-huh. And I suppose it's just a giant coincidence that all the swaggering man hunks featured in erotic advertising aimed at women tend to be A) sweaty, and/or dirty, and B) generally involved in some traditionally masculine or heroic activity?

C'mon. Be real.

Even freaking Salon, of all places, acknowledges that objectified male nudity in any other context isn't something the vast majority of straight women find appealing.

Salon - Male Strippers, Please Leave it On

Most women simply find it comical, because that's really not how female sexuality works.

As far as Rock Stars go, of course it's a "masculine" profession. It involves accumulating outrageous amounts of money and social status through swaggering "peacocking" in public, and indulging in dangerous and stupid things like rampant substance abuse behind the scenes, all while screwing adoring female followers by the hundreds and avoiding responsibility for any of it.

It's basically the ultimate "Peter Pan" frat bro lifestyle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom