• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Key lawmakers seek probe of Kellyanne Conway's 'go buy Ivanka's stuff' message

I stopped reading when I got to Obama, since your post is just more trumpistani deflection to hiding behind Obama.

When will you join the rest of us in 2017 and hold trump/Bannon accountable and actually stick to the thread content in a trump thread .

You stopped reading because it was all true, and you would rather obsess over Bannon than admit that there was a unprecedented level of corruption under Obama

From what I read it wasn't illegal, just against regulations. I could be wrong. I agree it isn't much but I think it is important the administration shows a hard line response when there are concerns of conflicts of interest.

It clearly violated the very specific ethics rules for those in the federal government:

But it certainly was not for personal gain but rather a protest comment for something she saw as unfair and hateful. Kellyanne is a really sharp gal, and even if she HAD been briefed, in an extemporaneous remark she might not have associated her remark with an ethics violation. She almost certainly will never make that mistake again.

Therefore a slap on the risk and the very public embarrassment of all this publicity about it seems reasonable to me.

It clearly violated the very specific ethics rules for those in the federal government:

But it certainly was not for personal gain but rather a protest comment for something she saw as unfair and hateful. Kellyanne is a really sharp gal, and even if she HAD been briefed, in an extemporaneous remark she might not have associated her remark with an ethics violation. She almost certainly will never make that mistake again.

Therefore a slap on the risk and the very public embarrassment of all this publicity about it seems reasonable to me.

More trumpistani excuses for his incompetent kabal.

GOP Rep. Chaffetz heard a different story in front of 1,200 booing constituents last night.

Sounds like 8 years ago with the shoe on the other foot .

So you want the media to ignore ethics violations. Got it.

Hyperbolic again. Please quote where I said I want the media to ignore this. I don't care if this gets your drawers in a knot, if it gets the media's drawers in a knot, or if it gets the Ethics Commission's drawers in a knot. I'm saying mine aren't, and they're not going to be no matter much how it bothers you or the others. It's not insignificant to me, but it surely doesn't rise to the level it seems to for you. So be it.

You stopped reading because it was all true, and you would rather obsess over Bannon than admit that there was a unprecedented level of corruption under Obama

Fenton still deflecting to Obama instead of dealing with yer disastrously incompetent trump/Bannon admin in 2017.

When will the Bannon/Miller kabal throw Flynn under the bus ?

:lamo

The left once again ****s itself over the most inane ridiculous things.

Hyperbolic again. Please quote where I said I want the media to ignore this. I don't care if this gets your drawers in a knot, if it gets the media's drawers in a knot, or if it gets the Ethics Commission's drawers in a knot. I'm saying mine aren't, and they're not going to be no matter much how it bothers you or the others. It's not insignificant to me, but it surely doesn't rise to the level it seems to for you. So be it.

What will it take for something to rise to the level it should for you?

Maybe Flynn in violation of the Logan act ?

This isn't about Hillary, or some people's pathological need to insert her into almost every topic.

Well, they can't really defend the boob in the Oval Office, so they have no choice but to incessantly deflect.

Ethics violations happen all the time in government. Sometimes these are serious, and sometimes not so serious. Was Kellyanne's extemporaneous gaffe more important than this?:

The Education Department's top technology official apologized Tuesday for his ethical missteps in using agency employees for his side businesses, failing to disclose outside income and failing to pay taxes on that income, while promising to correct the lack of security for federal data on students.

"I fully understand and take responsibility for how some of my actions allowed questions to arise about my judgment," said Danny Harris, the agency's chief information officer, in testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. "I view my behavior as unacceptable." . . .

. . .But although the inspector general's office filed a criminal referral, the Department of Justice declined to prosecute Harris, telling the Education Department to take administrative action.

The Education Department's Office of General Counsel did not find any violations. . .
Access Denied

or this?

In 2013, John Podesta was paid $87,000 by a shadowy foreign billionaire whose passion is preventing energy exploration on American land. . .

. . .But his work came into fuller view earlier this week when he emerged as one of the architects of the new White House policy that seeks to end any future drilling for oil on Alaska’s coastal plain. . .

. . .Shielding public lands from oil and gas drilling also is one of the main occupations of Hansjorg Wyss, a mysterious Swiss billionaire who personally hired Podesta as a “consultant” in 2013 just before he entered the White House, according to his White House disclosure form . . .

Read more: John Podesta Caught In Conflict Of Interest Over ANWR Push | The Daily Caller

or this?

The State Department acknowledged Thursday that the Clinton Foundation failed to follow protocol when it accepted $500,000 from the Algerian government to benefit earthquake relief efforts in Haiti.

The foundation’s acceptance of millions of dollars in donations from foreign governments quickly become an issue in the early stages of the 2016 presidential race this week, with Republicans calling the revelations ”disqualifying.” . . .

. . .When Hillary Clinton became secretary of state in 2009, the foundation started by her husband, Bill Clinton, signed an agreement with the nascent Obama administration agreeing to limited foreign government contributions and requiring the foundation to disclose far more information about its donors than required by law. . .
State Department acknowledges issue with Clinton Foundation donation | MSNBC

Since there were NO repercussions for any of these folks, I think we can let Kellyanne off the hook with a little major embarrassment.

:lamo

The left once again ****s itself over the most inane ridiculous things.

GOP Rep. Chaffetz was ****ting himself last night in front of 1,200 booing constituents in Utah.

Could be why he sent a letter to trump's kabal over the matter .

My point is when he speaks, he just IS speaking as the POTUS, who has millions of devoted followers, and who just DO pay attention to what he says. You don't have to believe me - here's a story in Breitbart, highlighting Trump's tweet about it. No matter what you think about his intentions, his criticism DOES feed the boycott efforts:

Exclusive ? Women Nationwide Cut Up Nordstrom?s Cards, Plan Boycotts After Political Decision to Drop Ivanka Trump Line - Breitbart

I don't think that's acceptable. And I'm sorry but running for and accepting the position of POTUS does in fact mean he can't be a private citizen while also being our POTUS. There is nothing to argue about - as POTUS, his words just DO carry a lot of weight, and do matter, and he can no longer (and be a responsible POTUS) act like he did before he assumed the job as leader of the free world.

You should read Truman's letter to a critic upon an unfavorable review of his daughters singing. True, Truman didn't have the financial past Trump does, and I think Trump has made a mistake involving members of his family with his administration, but I'm not about to condemn him for wishing his daughter's endeavors are successful. I completely agree that Trump has a bigly mouth and is a real dick head at times. We'd all breathe a little freer if he'd control it. Most thoughtful people don't really give a damn about Nordstroms or Ivanka Trump's business, or that Trump is butt hurt about it though. Hopefully, Trump will learn that it isn't wise to speak such things regardless of how he might feel. I'm willing to give him some time to figure it all out - more than a few weeks.

My chief concern is that he not blow off his mouth about international affairs. That can have a lot of very unpleasant consequences.

Oh OK, so since we are using the Hillary standard we should only have 7 or 8 congressional committee investigations into this then.
Hardly.

Conway's infractions are microdot minuscule compared to the egregious fails by commission and omission resulting in deaths, lying, cover ups, and leaked national security information by your fearless leader, Madamn President Clinton oops No... she should already be serving time [ yes, we know she is guilty, just like Conway... its obvious to everyone ].

Why isn't Trump getting called on his Nordstrom comments?

GOP Rep. Chaffetz was ****ting himself last night in front of 1,200 booing constituents in Utah.

Could be why he sent a letter to trump's kabal over the matter .
Yes...even Utah has its share of mindless rats that will protest over...****..what are we protesting today?

Chaffetz handled it well. Yes...its wrong. It was a political response to a political act but it still is inappropriate.

Whew. That was tough...huh?

What will it take for something to rise to the level it should for you?

Maybe Flynn in violation of the Logan act ?

Should? You have a formula? Conway can take her lumps with the Ethics people. Doesn't matter to me. When the former Senate Majority Leader can stand in front of the Senate and lie like hell and receive kudos and buckets of media and partisan support for a blatantly false claim, and laugh about what a great lie it was, I'm not overly concerned with what Conway said. It's selective outrage at it's finest.

Should? You have a formula? Conway can take her lumps with the Ethics people. Doesn't matter to me. When the former Senate Majority Leader can stand in front of the Senate and lie like hell and receive kudos and buckets of media and partisan support for a blatantly false claim, and laugh about what a great lie it was, I'm not overly concerned with what Conway said. It's selective outrage at it's finest.

Still deflecting before 2017 huh?

How about when lyin Ted Cruz called bitch McFilibuster a liar several times on the senate floor?

Why no rule 19 there ?

Because chaotic lying, threats and intimidation from trump/Bannon/ Miller has overwhelmed the media .

He stopped reading for the same reason the rest of us did. This thread isn't about Obama.

Still deflecting before 2017 huh?

History didn't start with Trump.

How about when lyin Ted Cruz called bitch McFilibuster a liar several times on the senate floor?

Why no rule 19 there ?

Probably should've been. Probably should be invoked a lot more than this single time.

He stopped reading for the same reason the rest of us did. This thread isn't about Obama.

The Left has and will continue to have a credibility problem especially when it comes to ethics and the Constitution, of-course thats not stopping them from attacking Trump while their party and the Obama administration set the bar for unethical conduct

The Left has and will continue to have a credibility problem especially when it comes to ethics and the Constitution, of-course thats not stopping them from attacking Trump while their party and the Obama administration set the bar for unethical conduct

And the hits just keep on coming.

"OBAMA!", for the next 4 years. Reminds me of the idiotic Liberals who couldn't stop spouting "BUSH!" throughout Obama's terms.

Because he's just being a caring Dad. Keep up, kitty.

He's The Donald, and as such, we follow him bobbing our heads at every action he takes. He can do no wrong.

And the hits just keep on coming.

"OBAMA!", for the next 4 years. Reminds me of the idiotic Liberals who couldn't stop spouting "BUSH!" throughout Obama's terms.

Trump has actually made me miss Dubya.

That is not the point. The point is should someone stupid, ignorant and uneducated as her be advising the President who is not much better?

My employees (and I) were required to sign a code of conduct/ethics agreement when we started working here. Any breech means you're terminated. Period. Ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse.

Unless you work for Donald Trump. Then it's okay.

Back
Top Bottom