• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Key lawmakers balk at Donald Trump’s wall request

It is more important to get he party back from Trump, and to try to make sure that this never happens again.

When was the last time these people put the nation first?

I do so love your optimism.

:thumbs:

people dont put the nation first they put themselves first and everything else is secondary.

under orginal constitutional law the interest of the people, the state governments and the union itself all came together in law making, but its not been that way since 1913

people dont put the nation first they put themselves first and everything else is secondary.

under orginal constitutional law the interest of the people, the state governments and the union itself all came together in law making, but its not been that way since 1913

I am so glad that I was able to go through most of this life knowing better than that, knowing that humans can through work and will do great things together, that we can build civilization together, we are not always tearing it down as we are now doing.

Birth/death...creation/destruction.....there are both, in a circle....you act like you only see part of the whole, most likely because you have not read enough.

Last edited:
I am so glad that I was able to go through most of this life knowing better than that, knowing that humans can though work and will do great things together, that we can build civilization together, we are not always tearing it down as we are now doing.

Birth/death...creation/destruction.....there are both, in a circle....you act like you only see part of the whole, most likely because you have not read enough.

well i am glad i read the founders for years, whom explain the problems of government of the past and why they fail, along with why they created America to be a mixed government, with powers divided between the people and the state governments and why this was the best government possible, and to avoid the evil of democracy with its collectism.

and in doing that they created a great federal state which is based on federalism

as they denounced democracy as a form of government, being a government of factious combinations which rule over the people, because they are early seduced and beguiled into doing the things not in their interest.

Trump should just tell his supporters the wall is already built.

They'll believe him.

well since the republicans had no power to get any legislation thru for 8 years , wouldn't you think they would be eager to work with trump getting as much through as possible

GOPs had the house for the last 6 years and gave us our first credit downgrade & shut down the government. GOPs had both chambers the last 2 years. GOPs now have a trifecta and Ryan whines how difficult governing is. We dare trump to shut down the gov't this week over the wall .

It is more important to get he party back from Trump, and to try to make sure that this never happens again.

When was the last time these people put the nation first?

I do so love your optimism.

:thumbs:

Which party has the ruling trifecta right now? Get ready for a blitz of media grabbing events while trump bull****s about what he hasn't done in 100 days. How childish for trump to travel to PA on SAT. instead of showing at the WH correspondents' dinner .

Which party has the ruling trifecta right now? Get ready for a blitz of media grabbing events while trump bull****s about what he hasn't done in 100 days. How childish for trump to travel to PA on SAT. instead of showing at the WH correspondents' dinner .

Trump has always got to have his fun, him and me are alike like that.

The tragedy of all this is that Trump supporters will still back him up regardless. If Trump says the moon is made of cheese, they will believe him.

And he well say we will eventually sell the cheese to pay for health care which will be fabulous.

Trump has always got to have his fun, him and me are alike like that.

trump will find out just how much fun and winning is all about this week. Too bad he's not a reader like our previous presidents .

trump will find out just how much fun and winning is all about this week. Too bad he's not a reader like our previous presidents .

He is a huge break from the past, which is our clue that we as a people are in trouble.

GOPs had the house for the last 6 years and gave us our first credit downgrade & shut down the government. GOPs had both chambers the last 2 years. GOPs now have a trifecta and Ryan whines how difficult governing is. We dare trump to shut down the gov't this week over the wall .

i dont think that will happen. but of course anytime government does less i think it is so much better

I wont blame trump because the republican congress failed to deliver

His promise was that Mexico would pay for it. If congress rejects the idea of American tax payers paying for it (a majority of Americans don't want to pay for it), why would you hold them responsible instead of Trump? I thought he was this amazing deal maker? Why doesn't he jet-set down to Mexico and make a deal to get that money like he promised? No matter how much he goes against his promises, you'll support him regardless.

His promise was that Mexico would pay for it. If congress rejects the idea of American tax payers paying for it (a majority of Americans don't want to pay for it), why would you hold them responsible instead of Trump? I thought he was this amazing deal maker? Why doesn't he jet-set down to Mexico and make a deal to get that money like he promised? No matter how much he goes against his promises, you'll support him regardless.

well of course if we had the commerce taxes of the founders reinstated as it once was in America we could pay for the wall with ease, but congress does not have the stomach for it, and it with direct taxes is not a good combination

I'm guessing most members of Congress have looked at a map, and seen because of the Gulf of Mexico that a wall is completely pointless and a huge waste of money. Especially because the current POTUS budget reduces funding to the Coast Guard. lol.. Unless the CG is going to HEAVILY patrol the Gulf a wall is pointless.

But then knowing Trump I'm pretty sure he's never looked at a map, and if he did wouldn't understand what he's looking at.

The wall is virtually useless as a deterrent, it's nothing but a monument to Trump and how he bamboozled the voters. There needs to be a plaque on it with the quote. "There's a sucker born every minute".

OMG, we do the same post in the same minute...Now THAT'S FREAKY!

Its so obvious that only kneejerk liberal trump haters cannot or will not see it

His promise was that Mexico would pay for it. If congress rejects the idea of American tax payers paying for it (a majority of Americans don't want to pay for it),

why would you hold them responsible instead of Trump? I thought he was this amazing deal maker? Why doesn't he jet-set down to Mexico and make a deal to get that money like he promised? No matter how much he goes against his promises, you'll support him regardless.

You forget that the wall is being built because America needs it.

It should not be built to make trump look good

or stopped by liberals and other assorted trump haters just to make him look bad

The wall is virtually useless as a deterrent, it's nothing but a monument to Trump

and how he bamboozled the voters. There needs to be a plaque on it with the quote. "There's a sucker born every minute".

Thats bull****

A border wall / fence / electronic survielence will be very effective at stopping ilegal entry of migrants and criminal smugglers alike

Its a broken promise that the American people have been trying to collect since 1986

If it is such a huge waste of money and wouldn't do anything, why are Pelosi and Schumer, etc, calling the wall immoral? How could it be immoral if the left thinks it won't even work? Why is Mexico against the wall if it won't work?

It's called 'politics'. They are saying it won't work for the same reason Trump is saying it will work even though simply looking at a map will tell any elementary school child that it won't. For decades Cubans sailed 90+ miles to get here, and they were fleeing a dictatorship that did everything they could to stop them from coming here. Mexico doesn't lift a finger to stop them, and it's a shorter trip.

Unless we are prepared to up the Coast Guard's budget by several billion so the can get more boats and up their patrols, a wall isn't going to work.

You forget that the wall is being built because America needs it.

It should not be built to make trump look good

or stopped by liberals and other assorted trump haters just to make him look bad

Sorry, Americans on both sides reject paying for the wall. Your con-man of a candidate promised a bunch of things he could never accomplish because it would make weaker minds vote for him. There was never a scenario where Mexico was going to pay for it, only American tax payers. If you want it, why don't you donate your own money instead of trying to leech it off hard working Americans. Don't blame us because you got conned and it's never going to happen.

If it is such a huge waste of money and wouldn't do anything, why are Pelosi and Schumer, etc, calling the wall immoral? How could it be immoral if the left thinks it won't even work? Why is Mexico against the wall if it won't work?

Because it's immoral to suck 10's of billions of dollars of hardworking taxpayers' money to waste on something that won't be effective, especially when the pitch was that no Americans would have to pay for it.

Do we need yet another 9/11 to steel our resolve and our vigilance? Too steel our common sense?

Holy ****. Trying to rally people for a wall they don't want by invoking 9/11 emotions. That's both catastrophically stupid and wildly historically inaccurate. You should be ashamed.

Last edited:
It's called 'politics'. They are saying it won't work for the same reason Trump is saying it will work even though simply looking at a map will tell any elementary school child that it won't. For decades Cubans sailed 90+ miles to get here, and they were fleeing a dictatorship that did everything they could to stop them from coming here. Mexico doesn't lift a finger to stop them, and it's a shorter trip.

Unless we are prepared to up the Coast Guard's budget by several billion so the can get more boats and up their patrols, a wall isn't going to work.

You make the argument that a wall won't keep people out by using examples of where walls (barriers) can't keep people in. How effective would the Berlin Wall have been had the West Germans also worked to keep the East Germans out?

You make the argument that a wall won't keep people out by using examples of where walls (barriers) can't keep people in. How effective would the Berlin Wall have been had the West Germans also worked to keep the East Germans out?

Is there a body of water in Berlin that the Germans who were trying to escape could have used to get around the wall when they were trying to get out of East Berlin? No, there was not.

Did the Communist East try to stop their people from escaping? Yes..

Does the Mexican government try and stop Mexicans from leaving? No.

Your comparison is apples and oranges.

Back
Top Bottom