• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kentucky Deputy Suspended Over ‘Muslim Holler Monkey’ Facebook Post

1. You do not know their soul, nor have you established that you do.

2. No. The difference here lies in claiming "racist" when there is no evidence of such and not differentiating between disparaging words spoken on-duty vs those spoken while off-duty.

Not on topic. You have yourself a nice day.

Now why he thought it was a good idea to post that on Facebook, where everyone can see it, I'll never understand.

"Everyone makes mistakes. It's what makes us human."

Not on topic. You have yourself a nice day.
Pointing out the absurdities of what you said in regards to the topic, is being on topic.
So yes. iLOL You have a nice day.

Believing that Obama, being black, is akin to a "monkey" is never going to be a "legitimate form of bigotry" (a concept that seems pretty ridiculous, actually).
And thank you for demonstrating the problem. This kind of thinking is wrong headed.

Just as it wasn't racist or bigotry when Bush was referred to a chimp and monkey, it isn't now either just because the recipient is black.

And this deputy's comment is absolutely an indicator of his (lack of) soul.
Wrong.

Meanwhile suggesting that Obama is a "Muslim" merely reveals the speaker's idiocy.
Wrong as usual.
If Obama didn't want those kind of folks believing that, he shouldn't have said he was.

And thank you for demonstrating the problem. This kind of thinking is wrong headed.

Just as it wasn't racist or bigotry when Bush was referred to a chimp and monkey, it isn't now either just because the recipient is black.

Wrong.

Wrong as usual.
If Obama didn't want those kind of folks believing that, he shouldn't have said he was.
Step out of your alt right bubble, and perhaps you'll realize how idiotic your post is.

Step out of your alt right bubble,
There you go speaking about things you know nothing about. Figures.
I don't live in one, but way to deflect from refuting what I presented.

... perhaps you'll realize how idiotic your post is.
iLOL You are unable to refute it so you engage in projections. Figures.

So it being directed at a couple of the most prominent individuals who happen to be black would make it racist?
No. Just as it wasn't racist when Bush was referred to a chimp and monkey, it also isn't racist now either.

It was racist. "Muslim holler monkey" is racist when used against blacks. It is not when used against whites like Bush.

Now if one can show the person who said it was a racist, then yeah, it can be interpreted as such, until then it can't.

It's racist.

It was racist. "Muslim holler monkey" is racist when used against blacks. It is not when used against whites like Bush.

It's racist.

This is the guy that implied that the U.S government should have compensated those after the Civil War who lost their "property" (if you catch my drift).

It's not surprising that he is willing to defend such a blatantly racist statement as that one.

Why is it anytime someone posts something bigoted and hateful about Islam practitioners it's racist? Are people that dumb who right for the Huffington post??? It's not racist. Prejudiced, hateful and bigoted yes, racist NO Islam is not a race.

The idiot was too dumb to spell "Howler monkey" right but I'm pretty sure that's got the "racist" part covered.

Edit - posted before you later agreed. :peace

The idiot was too dumb to spell "Howler monkey" right but I'm pretty sure that's got the "racist" part covered.

Edit - posted before you later agreed. :peace

Why, "howler"?

Why is it anytime someone posts something bigoted and hateful about Islam practitioners it's racist? Are people that dumb who right for the Huffington post??? It's not racist. Prejudiced, hateful and bigoted yes, racist NO Islam is not a race.

Liberals thing everyone else is a racist. It's automatic.

Liberals thing everyone else is a racist. It's automatic.

I don't agree with that at all. My wife is a liberal. Your generalizations are nothing but partisanship.

Just to be clear...

Whites have not been called "monkeys" pretty much until Bush. It had nothing to do with his race and everything to do with mocking his expressions. So yes calling the Obama's "monkeys" is indeed racist. It's like calling a white person "nigger" and they laugh. Say it to most blacks.

What about this officer's freedom of speech? Say he had made the same comment to several friends in his back yard, and the neighbor had been outside, overheard him, and complained to the sheriff's office. Is there any forum in which this deputy should have been able to say what he did, while not on duty, without being punished for it by the government?

I am sure millions of Americans, at one time or another, have said very derogatory things about a U.S. President. If a police officer someplace had printed and handed around on the street, while off duty, leaflets in which he called George W. Bush a "lying, Muslim-hating war criminal" and a "cowardly white boy who was trying to kiss his daddy's butt by finishing the illegitimate war he started" and added that his wife was a "stupid, fake-Christian cow who abused the kids in her classes" would the municipal department which employed him have violated his freedom of speech by punishing him for what he had written? What if the leaflet had included a cartoon of Bush made to look like a chimpanzee, kneeling in front of his Vice-President in a public restroom, as if to perform a homosexual act on him?

Last edited:
It's racist to point out that Obama is half white?

Of course not. It's racist to joke that that was the half the person called a monkey.

You know this man.

Back
Top Bottom