• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kansas Republican lawmaker says black people can’t handle marijuana because of ‘their genetics’

I would like to see the medical literature he seems to think supports that statement.

I don't think medical literature is necessary. Just take his word. Take my word too. I ate watermelon and fried chicken the other day, and damn it, now I want to play the blues. :mrgreen:

Allow me to harken back to 12/23/17, if you will. Twas a Friday Eve Xmas party at a relative's new house. Combo house warming and happy holidays party.

Low and behold, I found myself in the garage chaining Swishers with 5 African-American men, aged 22-45. We got astronomically baked. I would say that the bakeness was even Stephan amongst our clan. Thusly, we hit the food line pretty hard.

Ain't possible that any one of those dudes was higher than I was. The OP is now debunked, as a ****ing racist piece of **** should be.

The defense rests.

Someone makes an outrageously racist statement, with no evidence whatsoever, and some people respond, "well, it could be true". Laughable. Why don't people just say, "hey, I'm racist and I'm siding with him".

I'll add this, it's a proven fact different races handle different things differently. I once read a book of short stories called, "Captured by the Indians."

In the book they spoke of Indians getting stoned drunk off a bottle of booze only to pass out and freeze to death over night. It seemed they'd do the same thing repeatedly even after seeing others serum.

I'll add this, it's a proven fact different races handle different things differently. I once read a book of short stories called, "Captured by the Indians."

In the book they spoke of Indians getting stoned drunk off a bottle of booze only to pass out and freeze to death over night. It seemed they'd do the same thing repeatedly even after seeing others serum.

Ohferchristsakes. That's indescribably stupid. I lived for years up north, lived in small towns and worked in mines with Natives, was a structural Ironworker for nearly thirty years and worked with Natives who were sometimes half of the large crew, and I'll tell you that's just stupid.
Yeah, some people, like Celts or Natives, are more prone to alcoholism than others, like Chinese, but what you describe is, well, I said it already.
And, just how does someone freeze to death repeatedly? And what's 'serum' mean?
You might need to find a better soure of information than the imaginings of a fiction writer.

Yeah, and I read that the Oompa-Loompas were getting eaten by the vernicious knids!

I don't think medical literature is necessary. Just take his word. Take my word too. I ate watermelon and fried chicken the other day, and damn it, now I want to play the blues. :mrgreen:

You can't play the blues till your daddy runs off, your momma dies, your dog dies, and your wife leaves you for another man. Or woman, after 1987.
The pain just isn't there. Ain't got squat to do with fried chicken.

I'll add this, it's a proven fact different races handle different things differently.

It's a proven fact that different PEOPLE handle different "things" differently. How is that relevant to a claim that we outlawed pot because blacks used pot and handled it poorly, and we should continue to ban pot because....something something...the BLACKS!!? The claim was specific to pot. If you want to show your evidence that pot makes blacks particularly violent or otherwise makes them really, really SCARRRRYYY!!!! let's see it.

I once read a book of short stories called, "Captured by the Indians."

I'm pretty impressed "Indians" can freeze to death, repeatedly! Talk about handling "things" differently than others - seems "Indians" handle death differently than most and in fact have multiple lives! :lamo

Ohferchristsakes. That's indescribably stupid. I lived for years up north, lived in small towns and worked in mines with Natives, was a structural Ironworker for nearly thirty years and worked with Natives who were sometimes half of the large crew, and I'll tell you that's just stupid.
Yeah, some people, like Celts or Natives, are more prone to alcoholism than others, like Chinese, but what you describe is, well, I said it already.
And, just how does someone freeze to death repeatedly? And what's 'serum' mean?
You might need to find a better soure of information than the imaginings of a fiction writer.

They were true stories , maybe you could look the book up. American Indians have a high % of alcoholism, maybe you should look that up too.

Kansas has some of the most radical dumbass legislators in the nation (possibly in the known universe). It's amazing how a handful of sexist, bigoted and racist elected officials can impose drastic, negative social injustices on the citizens.

Humanity can't seem to grasp the meaning of "circumstance of birth".

All of those who selected their skin color, eye color, hair color, gender, sexual orientation, height, weight, parents, their socio-economic status that their born into, etc, etc, etc. "prior to birth", please raise your hand.

There's no evidence of any kind that shows that human beings "knowingly" selects the preceding human characteristics prior to their birth.

Yet it appears that attacking and judging others over immutable characteristics is common practice everywhere around the planet. This is called sexism, bigotry and/or racism.

Wonder who teaches children to be sexists, bigots and racists? They aren't born that way.

They were true stories , maybe you could look the book up. American Indians have a high % of alcoholism, maybe you should look that up too.

Maybe you can help us look it up as you made the claim.

Maybe you can help us look it up as you made the claim.

Look up what, the book or that Native American's have issues with alcohol, either one is easily available.

I see what you're saying.

But our brains actually have receptors for thc.

It is the plant with which we have the longest proven relationship. Oldest sample of woven cloth is hemp.

We have adapted to it.

What you describe is a lack of adaptation.

Native Americans didn't have alcohol.

So they didn't adapt to it. So it affects them more strongly.

The original pot prohibition was about paper.

There is some evidence that's true. It's also true that women are particularly susceptible to breast cancer. Why does your claim about American Indians and alcohol have any more relevance to the OP than the obviously also true observation about women and breast cancer?

There is some evidence that's true. It's also true that women are particularly susceptible to breast cancer. Why does your claim about American Indians and alcohol have any more relevance to the OP than the obviously also true observation about women and breast cancer?

Men have breasts why women get cancer more is not for me to answer, nor id=s it for me to answer about the Indians or Blacks, just that is may be true.

Men have breasts why women get cancer more is not for me to answer, nor id=s it for me to answer about the Indians or Blacks, just that is may be true.

It "may be true" that the legislator making the claim about blacks and pot is a child rapist. I don't have any evidence he is, but AFAIK it's possible. What seems reasonable, though, is if I make a claim about that I should be able to produce evidence for that claim, or else it's just BS, crap I pulled out of my rear end. Pointing to some other claim that might be true (e.g. the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, ethnic Irish are also alleged to have more alcohol problems than ethnic Jews) doesn't serve as evidence for my claim about the legislator being a child rapist.

It "may be true" that the legislator making the claim about blacks and pot is a child rapist. I don't have any evidence he is, but AFAIK it's possible. What seems reasonable, though, is if I make a claim about that I should be able to produce evidence for that claim, or else it's just BS, crap I pulled out of my rear end. Pointing to some other claim that might be true (e.g. the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, ethnic Irish are also alleged to have more alcohol problems than ethnic Jews) doesn't serve as evidence for my claim about the legislator being a child rapist.

So let you explain this to me. In Florida you need a lic. to fish, if I get stopped by the marine police or coast guard and they find a fishing rod on my boat, even though it's not being used, I get a ticket. How does that work?

American Indians are predisposed to alcoholism, look it up. If you don't care to then stop badgering me, you don't like my claim, disprove it. So far your just bitching.

That might have something to do with the fact that we took their land by force and drove their civilization to near extinction, encroaching more and more on their land, incrementally, until they were rounded up into reservations.

So let you explain this to me. In Florida you need a lic. to fish, if I get stopped by the marine police or coast guard and they find a fishing rod on my boat, even though it's not being used, I get a ticket. How does that work?

American Indians are predisposed to alcoholism, look it up. If you don't care to then stop badgering me, you don't like my claim, disprove it. So far your just bitching.

You're missing the point. Let's assume it is true! Here's the claim at issue - quoted from the OP:

“What you really need to do is go back in the ’30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas (and) across the United States,” Alford said. “What was the reason why they did that? One of the reasons why, I hate to say it, was that the African Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that.”

How in the hell does your claim about American Indians and alcohol have any bearing on the claim made by the Kansas moron quoted in the OP? I'll answer the question - it has no bearing at all on the claim in the OP. It has exactly as much bearing on the claim in the OP as me noting the factual observation that women are more susceptible to breast cancer than men, which is completely and totally irrelevant to the claim that blacks react "worst off" to "those drugs."

That might have something to do with the fact that we took their land by force and drove their civilization to near extinction, encroaching more and more on their land, incrementally, until they were rounded up into reservations.

It may well, I'm not here to diagnose, just point out the obvious to some that don't see.

It's also plausible white people are more sensitive to THC. Until evidence is presented, it's all so much bull****.
Is it possible that white people are susceptible to vodka (Russians) and craft beer while blacks are susceptible to Night Train and Old English 800?

Last edited:
I was on a conference call at 4:00 am ET with England, and can't get back to sleep.

Here in NH we have very few blacks, yet we lead the nation in opiod deaths and addiction. Maybe this lawmaker can shed some light on the character makeup of all the white people here in NH who are addicted to opiods because of the marijuana gateway.

New Hampshire voted for Hillary.

Back
Top Bottom