• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jesus was married...[W:379]

Re: Jesus was married...

Since when do you have to be married to have children?

Adam and Eve have billions of descendants and I never heard anything about them getting married.

:lol:

Marriage was not what it is today, and since God made each of them personally; making Eve for Adam, you can safety assume they were "married".

Marriage was not what it is today, and since God made each of them personally; making Eve for Adam, you can safety assume they were "married".

And, who did their kids marry??

The Da Vinci Code ---- the fantasy novel? :lamo

So if Jesus was married with no kids - he could be divine. If he was married with kids -- not divine? I think you're just chasing your tail. :)

And it's not just that book and movie. The Last Temptation of Christ (book published in 1955; movie released in 1988) probably influenced Dan Brown's imaginings.

And, who did their kids marry??

You never cracked open a Bible have you? Why are you even here?

You never cracked open a Bible have you? Why are you even here?

THere is a point I am making.. let's see if you can figure it out.

There is already a precedent for it... servitude of women.

The Church is one of the most sexually oppressive institutions in history and I have no idea why any woman would waste a second with it.

From Eve being the downfall of mankind to keeping women powerless... the Church is pretty horrible to women.

Keep in mind when I say this that I don't think of "The Church" as being "The Catholic church". "The church" in the Bible was anyone who followed and worshipped God and Christ.

How is the church oppressing me?

Keep in mind when I say this that I don't think of "The Church" as being "The Catholic church". "The church" in the Bible was anyone who followed and worshipped God and Christ.

How is the church oppressing me?
Well there's so many different types of Christian churches, with most of them being different denominations.

So are all these denominations all unified under one Church?

Well what is "The Church" exactly? There's so many different types of Christian churches, with most of them being different denominations.

It's not a denomination or a building --- it's simply anyone who follows Christ.

I grew up in a denomination where you were ostracized if you said anything like that. Too many denominations think THEY are the only right ones and THEY will be the only ones in Heaven. I find that way of thinking detrimental to the church.

It's not a denomination or a building --- it's simply anyone who follows Christ.

I grew up in a denomination where you were ostracized if you said anything like that. Too many denominations think THEY are the only right ones and THEY will be the only ones in Heaven. I find that way of thinking detrimental to the church.

OK. So you don't care what denomination someone is, just as long as they are Christian and they believe in the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Would that be an accurate conclusion from your statement?

And BTW, if it's not too much to ask, what denomination were you a part of exactly?

OK. So you don't care what denomination someone is, just as long as they are Christian and they believe in the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Would that be an accurate conclusion from your statement?

And BTW, if it's not too much to ask, what denomination were you a part of exactly?

That's an accurate statement.

I grew up church of Christ.

That's an accurate statement.

I grew up church of Christ.
Cool beans.

I've personally run into the 'Catholics aren't Christians' crowd all the time, especially from my parents. I don't know why some Christians get so caught up in what denomination of Christianity they are a part of, because t the end of the day, don't you all believe in Jesus Christ and his teachings?

Cool beans.

I've personally run into the 'Catholics aren't Christians' crowd all the time, especially from my parents. I don't know why some Christians get so caught up in what denomination of Christianity they are a part of, because t the end of the day, don't you all believe in Jesus Christ and his teachings?

Catholics are the furthest away (in terms of Christians) from what I believe so I question many things they do and believe, but I'd never say they weren't Christians.

Also --- I do believe there are many Catholics that think they are the one true church.

Catholics are the furthest away (in terms of Christians) from what I believe so I question many things they do and believe, but I'd never say they weren't Christians.

how about Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses?

how about Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses?

If they follow Christ I have no problem with them being labeled Christians. I also know I'm not the label maker.

If they follow Christ I have no problem with them being labeled Christians. I also know I'm not the label maker.

There is ambiguity in the term 'Follow Christ'. What is meant by that?

There is ambiguity in the term 'Follow Christ'. What is meant by that?

That's already been summed up by TheGoverness.

That's already been summed up by TheGoverness.

So, as long as they have those they agree with the fact Jesus died on the Cross, and was brought back from the dead, they are Christian? IT doesn't matter to you in specific if they believe in the Trinity, or have a different concept of what 'The Son of God' means?? There are different answers to that, and how those terms get defined matters more to some people than to other people. I am just curious about where you fit in the spectrum.

So, as long as they have those they agree with the fact Jesus died on the Cross, and was brought back from the dead, they are Christian? IT doesn't matter to you in specific if they believe in the Trinity, or have a different concept of what 'The Son of God' means?? There are different answers to that, and how those terms get defined matters more to some people than to other people. I am just curious about where you fit in the spectrum.

The important part is that they recognize their sin, ask for forgiveness and try to live their life as Christ did. Everything else isn't a salvation issue.

The important part is that they recognize their sin, ask for forgiveness and try to live their life as Christ did. Everything else isn't a salvation issue.

Thank you very much.

Hi Josie,

I would add to that a little. In John 8:24 Jesus said,

"I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

Jesus claimed to be the Messiah, and he claimed to be God (John 8:58, etc.). So it appears people need to believe in who he says he is, or they will die in their sins.

Then there's this from Matthew 6:14 - 15:

"For if you forgive others their sins, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. ... 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your sins."

So, we also need to forgive others their sins, no matter how grievous they are.

Finally, and I think you already alluded to it, people need to repent or perish (Luke 13:3).

God bless! :)

Back
Top Bottom