• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jacob Chansley, the Capitol rioter, plans to run in Arizona's 8th congressional district

It sure seems like you are defending him.

Chansely is a scumbag. Never forget that. He is also a racist KKK pile of donkey shit.

I totally agree. He shouldn't be in congress.

I just don't think that he's going to be prevented from running. That doesn't mean I'm defending him.

I totally agree. He shouldn't be in congress.

I just don't think that he's going to be prevented from running. That doesn't mean I'm defending him.

Fair enough.

Chansley is an impermissible security risk. He CANNOT be trusted with classified information and his ties to domestic terrorism are enough to prevent him from being in office.

Fair enough.

Chansley is an impermissible security risk. He CANNOT be trusted with classified information and his ties to domestic terrorism are enough to prevent him from being in office.

Sure, but I feel the same way about MTG, but she's still there.

Sure, but I feel the same way about MTG, but she's still there.

Agreed.

MTG Is a POS and should not be allowed in office. Unfortunately, the GQP will not remove her unless they have no other choice because, at the very least, she is a vote for their way of thinking.

Is it me, or does this individual look like he desperately need mental health help?

He makes for a strange political prisoner. Seriously treating him like a sane, competent individual reduces the whole thing to a farce.

Agreed.

MTG Is a POS and should not be allowed in office. Unfortunately, the GQP will not remove her unless they have no other choice because, at the very least, she is a vote for their way of thinking.

ColdHardTruth, are you trying to do away with ballot boxes:)?

ColdHardTruth, are you trying to do away with ballot boxes:)?

I never said a word about ballot boxes.

I said that MTG is a waste product, a KKK member, and an embarrassment to the GQP, but they will not remove her from office because she votes with them on issues.

He is banned by way of the 14th Amendment.
From the article
The U.S. Constitution doesn’t prohibit felons from holding federal office. But Arizona law prohibits felons from voting until they have completed their sentence and had their civil rights restored.

I am curious how this jailbird will do in his district.

Lord, help me get through the days ahead...

The longer it takes to prosecute Trump, the longer his lackeys are going to do damage. Cut off the head of the snake, the rest will die.

From the article

Again, by way of article 3 of the 14th Amendment, he is disqualified from office because he is a seditionist.

Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection and Other Rights​

• Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Again, by way of article 3 of the 14th Amendment, he is disqualified from office because he is a seditionist.

Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection and Other Rights​

• Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

I only quoted what I read in various articles now, in case my original article was wrong.
Strange that. What am I missing?

Congratulations to the Libertarian Party for somehow managing to look more bat shit crazy and stupid.

I only quoted what I read in various articles now, in case my original article was wrong.
Strange that. What am I missing?

You are not missing anything.

Often times, articles are not well researched, or they are biased by political belief.

:)

As long as he wears his outfit during the campaign and in the House…

He would be a good use case for a 14th amendment disqualification suit

Haha- LOL we have plenty of crazy people in Congress- what’s another shaman in there? It’ll be fun.

Back
Top Bottom