• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jacob Chansley, the Capitol rioter, plans to run in Arizona's 8th congressional district

Lovebug

Be humble and kind
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
We are talking about Arizona's 8th Congressional District, odds are they will proudly elect him.

I am curious how this jailbird will do in his district.

Probably looking to score a quick buck, perhaps get a gig as a commentator on some nutjob network.

First mugshot: What 'QAnon shaman' Jacob Chansley looks like out of costume  – Orange County Register

It's a 60/40 Trump district.

His image is an asset.
Most folks are sane. The rest are criminals or politicians. That may be redundant, but they aren’t considered synonyms, anyway.

He is banned by way of the 14th Amendment.

He is banned by way of the 14th Amendment.

Civil Disorder; Obsrtuction of an Official Proceeding; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building

Those were his charges.

Which one would fall under the 14th amendment?

Is it me, or does this individual look like he desperately need mental health help?
His lawyer stated that he does have diagnosed mental health issues.

In an interview, defense lawyer Albert Watkins said that officials at the federal Bureau of Prisons, or BOP, have diagnosed his client Jacob Chansley with transient schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety.

Civil Disorder; Obsrtuction of an Official Proceeding; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building

Those were his charges.

Which one would fall under the 14th amendment?

He's an insurrectionist.

The 14th Amendment applies to him the same way it did to Cuoy Griffin.

His lawyer stated that he does have diagnosed mental health issues.

In an interview, defense lawyer Albert Watkins said that officials at the federal Bureau of Prisons, or BOP, have diagnosed his client Jacob Chansley with transient schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety.
The insane are going to run the nut house.

Why would anyone vote a schizophrenic into office? That's not fair for the schizophrenic--the pressure alone would be enough to set them off. I have had very close friends with this illness (one was maid of honor at my wedding) and I would be concerned about leaving them in charge of a poodle, let alone government!

imo, not very well.
One of the larger voting block in the district are retirees. A lot of GOP and Independent voters within that block. Not so much Libertarian voters.

No way would I vote Chansley.

Nothing I have said is defending him. Not a single thing.

Not true.

Chansley is a seditionsist trumptraitor. Under the 14th Amendment, he is NOT PERMITTED to hold ANY OFFICE.

Back
Top Bottom